Who has emerged or faded under the new staff?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When a staff changes, we hope/expect some guys will benefit from a fresh start, new system and different coaching. Others may not fit and so fade.

Who has taken a step up in your view? Franks, Swain, others?

Who has struggled?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think many of our negators have struggled with the improvement across the board with our team. :)
What I am seeing with this team is increased confidence and motivation all over the place. WRs are all getting touches.
RB's are getting chances. Franks looks much more confident and poised. This group of guys were starved for leadership and now seem to
have gotten it. I expect nothing less than maximum effort on Saturday and a good scheme to offset LSU's strengths. Beyond that I hope our boys play till the final whistle.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Emerged:
Franks, Swain, Van Jefferson, Grimes, Pierce, Slaton, Zuniga, Polite, Henderson, McPherson.

Faded:
Scarlett, Joseph, CeCe Jefferson, Toney, Cleveland, Johnson.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot Lemon in the "faded".

I'm not ready to call Toney "faded" - he's performed extremely well when on the field...he just doesn't seem to be on the field a lot. I also don't know that I'd put Joseph there - other than the slobberknocking hit last year, he really made little impact last year, and I think his impact has increased so far this year. Still not "impactful", but not fading IMO either.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot Lemon in the "faded".

I'm not ready to call Toney "faded" - he's performed extremely well when on the field...he just doesn't seem to be on the field a lot. I also don't know that I'd put Joseph there - other than the slobberknocking hit last year, he really made little impact last year, and I think his impact has increased so far this year. Still not "impactful", but not fading IMO either.
Considering the way the OP was worded with regard to a new system, I elected faded. He hasn't been called on, though I'm not sure why. He's been very effective in the little bit he's seen the ball.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Emerged:
Franks, Swain, Van Jefferson, Grimes, Pierce, Slaton, Zuniga, Polite, Henderson, McPherson.

Faded:
Scarlett, Joseph, CeCe Jefferson, Toney, Cleveland, Johnson.

Emerged with a new staff means guys who were buried on the depth chart whose careers are revived that would not likely have been with the old staff. That pretty much eliminates all first and second year players who might have emerged anyway and transfers. Also I think you can not list multi games starters from the prior regime. That pretty much eliminates the entire emerged list. So far I can not really think of anyone.

Faded with a new staff means guys significantly playing who are not playing or are playing much less now. So I don't think you can list starters. So that pretty much eliminates this list too. The only guy I can really think of here is McCoy and maybe his fade is due to injury and not a new staff?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As always, Insti makes up his own definitions and declares authority.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Franks and Swain for sure have been the two that have impressed me the most. Swain was a perennial bench warmer before this year. With Grimes and Jefferson coming in I had zero expectation of him playing a meaningful down. Honorable mention to Brad Stewart

Regressed: Scarlett. Doesn’t hit the hole with authority. The line opens a crease, he stops takes it back to 2 defenders standing there waiting for him. He needs to be 3rd string. I don’t think it’s necessarily a coaching thing, seeing how Perine and Pierce consistently gain chunks of tough yards

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Suck it, Insti.
536ee3084bf95d71b7b8a55551236abd.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The spreading the ball around has hurt the numbers of guys like Cleveland and Jefferson but isn't hurting the team probably.

Cleveland is averaging under 20 yards a game and Van Jefferson is only averaging 31 yards a game but I think the game plan with Franks has led to that some. Swain is the receiver that has more than you would have thought going into the season.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Scarlette averaged 5.0 yards per carry his first two seasons at UF. This season he is averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He is who he is regardless of staff apparently.
I’m not worried about YPC, but how he runs in key situations. His poor effort on 1st and 2nd down runs kills drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.