Who has emerged or faded under the new staff?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Special teams is back from the dead. Gator Pride on the rise. Haters fading fast... let’s see what this next weekend brings...College football b*tches!
Mgtow back on the rise?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then explain why Davis (pre-injury), Perine and Pierce don’t seem to struggle with hitting the hole quickly. Does DM only call the slowly developing plays when JS is out there?
Those guys just bounce outside instead of following the play call. Scarlett follows the play as called and doesnt have the speed to bounce outside anyway.

Mullinz has a history of playing guys like this. Aerus Williams quickly lost his starting position this year quickly. Same kind of back.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't remember hearing anything about an injury. What i do remember is a battle for the starting center role between McCoy and Buchanan and McCoy losing the battle.
I think only his pride is injured.

There was a tweet about it (the injury). The depth chart was just released and he's not on it at all. Earlier in the year he was on it as a "or" w/ Villano (who is now #2 C).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was a tweet about it (the injury). The depth chart was just released and he's not on it at all. Earlier in the year he was on it as a "or" w/ Villano (who is now #2 C).

I stand corrected

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Moral Stephens at TE. Making all the plays you could ask for out of his position.

Swain, Buchanon, and Franks are the other beneficiaries.

Massey and McCoy are fading.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as Buchanon is, Villano is a nightmare.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Swain has to be the most improved person on offense: he's consistently making plays in every game, running great routes, getting YAC, and blocking well when needed. Franks is improving and has done better--but not to the same level of improvement as Swain.

On defense, Polite and Zuniga have started to come around...and some of our secondary were awesome on Saturday, particularly Davis. LSU brings a different test, so we'll all get a chance to evaluate shortly.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Kylan Johnson is playing a lot less or just doesn't do much when he's out there. I haven't seen much out of him so far. He wasn't a great player last year, but did see a lot more PT

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were tweets in the summer too.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Nearly the whole team is on the upside. The only downside that comes to mind for me is Scarlett because he was supposed to be the stud. Well, he isn't. Fully capable, but can't seem to muster the manhood to take it to the opponent. When you stop behind the line of scrimmage, which Scarlett almost always does, you will likely wind up with nothing on the play. Man-Up, dude. You may see the pine if you won't run to daylight. RUN TO DAYLIGHT SCARLETT.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Regressed: Scarlett. Doesn’t hit the hole with authority.
Really. The guy doesn't seem to have the vision needed to be effective. He's tough and his pass blocking is keeping him in playing time but I think he's been consistantly unproductive since he's been here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator