Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s taken MSU from being the Kentucky of the West to the SC of the West.
This is so silly. Cowbell literally had one bad coach. The coach before won the west fairly regularly and competed for it most years. He just got ancient and Bowdened out on the field.

Do some of you even watch football? Or are you all teenagers?

Oct 5, 2014

Here's our man right here. Fulfills all the things Stricklin touched on in his press conference.

Do yourself a favor and watch the replay of the UCF and Memphis game. I think we must get Scott Frost - even if we have to mortgage Ben Hill Griffin.

The problem would be that we only have one player fast enough to run his offense and that is Kaderious Toney.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014

This is what we need.

That video was so incredible. I can picture him reading off the big cardboard cue cards. What he's saying vs what he's thinking...

Before video starts kiffin is standing there thinking to himself... "wait a minute... i thought all i had to do was sit through a short interview and I'd be getting a free time share in boca -- this doesn't seem right"

:::ACTION!:::

(instinctively beings reading off cards)

"Hey owl nation" (I can't believe this is happening again, first UT when i thought it was texas, now FaU, when I thought it was FsU - I really need to learn how to read)
"This is Coach Kiffin" (Aww, man, really? I have to use my actual name...)
"What an exciting time" (not for fau football, but for something, I guess, probably sexton's commish checks...)
"Next week is national signing day" (?? $hit, it is?! - I was supposed to recruit here wasn't i? OH, Yeah! That's why we're making this video - perfect. You're a genius Kiffy, never doubt yourself)
"As we sign some of the best players in America" (Wait. no... Keep forgetting I'm not at 'bama anymore - play it cool)
"We need some of the best fans in America" (Or just any fans at all)
"So please join us next week for a (sux) citing season" (i bet they didn't see what i did there...)
"To come watch the owls have a great year and a championship run - starting with you" (any of you. can any of you play? we have 84 open scholarships available...)

:::cue card has a diagram of hand signal to give which kiffy focuses to try to figure out:::

really wanted to do the UT horns... but ah well, this is okay too i guess

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im shocked he can say "Owl Nation" without laughing.
Owl_Nation.jpg

I can imagine a cheer.
Cmon guys you know we're wise(r)
So lets all chug some more budweiser.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is so silly. Cowbell literally had one bad coach. The coach before won the west fairly regularly and competed for it most years. He just got ancient and Bowdened out on the field.

Do some of you even watch football? Or are you all teenagers?

I’ve only been paying attention since 1980. Which one do you regard as “bad”?

Dan Mullen - .603 WP, .463 SEC WP (0 SECw)
Sly Croom - .355, .250 SEC (0 SECw)
Jackie Sherrill - .500, .417 SEC (1 SECw)
Rocky Felker - .381, .152 SEC
Emory Bellard -.468, .357 SEC

MSU has one SEC championship in 1941 and one SECw title in 1998. SC has one SECe title in 2010. I think my comparison is accurate.

For other comparison purposes:
Jim McElwain - .647, .667 SEC (2 SECe)

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ms St: where coaches go to die...............Dan has done a good job there. I mean jeebus, it is Starkville after all.............stark is a good descriptor................
Definition of stark
:rigid in or as if in death
b :rigidly conforming (as to a pattern or doctrine) :absolute
  • stark discipline
2archaic :strong, robust
3:utter, sheer
  • stark nonsense
4a :barren, desolate

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
If this board is any indicator, I'd choose the coach with the pearliest whites. In fact, any serious candidate should have already made an appointment with his dentist for a whitening session, or better yet, caps.

And by year three be in the playoffs or have a good real estate agent and moving company on speed dial.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Strickland said he wants our program to be fun for everyone. Does that translate into Mullen? I think not. #nevermullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.