Who is our new coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I have to admit I was the last on the fire Mac band wagon. As late as lunch today I was fantasizing about an upset win today and the ball lickers loosing to war eagle and us sliding into the SECCG despite this train wreck of a season. I’m an optimist by nature and always root for things to succeed despite the current situation. The first quarter today changed all that. Franks would be the only player I’ve ever seen get worse over a bye week, if our TE Oline And LBs didn’t exists. To have a coach create his OWN distractions heading into such an important game put me over the top. Two hurricanes and 9 guys suspended for the year aren’t his fault but they are his problems and he hasn’t done enough to overcome them. Choosing LDR and Franks over Grier was as bone headed of a mistake as an offensive guru can make, and his decision to stick with Nuss will have them both seeking employment elsewhere.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I am now in the Campbell camp, Guy has gone to Iowa State where they have nothing redeeming and has turned them around. Besides I just heard him say at his presser something like "If you fall in love with the process, good things will happen, etc." I want a process guy.

I agree. He’s doing more with less.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MattHayesCFB: Matt Campbell has won two games against Top 5 teams with a walk-on quarterback. #CyclONEnation

Athos

Oct 28, 2017
I like the kiffin idea. His offense is on fire

Oh he definitely is a genius when it comes to a high level offense.

But he's also able to be highly offensive! Once he grows up and matures a bit he would make a great hire. I mean I've read where people claim hes grown up since his previous tour as a HC but for me, seeing is believing.

Right, Stricklin?

Right.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well A&M is getting A$$BLSSSSSSTTTED by Cousin Eddie. Hope A&M can make a comeback otherwise our lazy admin will have Cousin Eddie signed by midnite

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I am now in the Campbell camp, Guy has gone to Iowa State where they have nothing redeeming and has turned them around. Besides I just heard him say at his presser something like "If you fall in love with the process, good things will happen, etc." I want a process guy.

Does he have a back round in recruiting this area? I guess Urban didn’t and did great in recruiting. Maybe someone we should be looking into, how long has he been coach there?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Does he have a back round in recruiting this area? I guess Urban didn’t and did great in recruiting. Maybe someone we should be looking into, how long has he been coach there?

I have no idea, but I feel confident in saying that Iowa State was not stacked with a bunch of future college football hall of famers when he arrived and I doubt they even has anyone good enough to be 1st 2nd or 3rd team Big 12. The point is he is making do with the hand he was dealt. he at least has a clue.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Food for thought on Frost. I know some think he’s a lock to land at Nebraska but don’t forget he signed with Stanford right out of HS and played there his first 2 years. He only transferred to Nebraska when Bill Walsh retired as Stanford HC. Maybe he’s not a lock to return to Lincoln like some believe.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For those interested, here are 2 of the potential candidates (Norvell and Frost) going against each other. It is the full game.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Norvell is the guy, then Matt Corrall is a must. I'm not sure there's a QB on the roster that can run his system.

I can tell you franks isn't worth a **** in any system

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think this is his first year at Iowa State. If memory serves me correctly, he was a mid major hot name last year who left many scratching their heads when he took the Iowa State job...people thought he should have held out for a better school. He’s certainly showing everybody that he’s a pretty good coach.

**EDIT**- It’s his 2nd year at Iowa State. He came from Toledo, where they finished 10-2 his final year there, scoring wins over Arkansas and Iowa State. He’s also young...he is 37 years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.