Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I LOVE Charley Strong, and at least he isnt at a retirement home somewhere.

But Strong was highly inconsistent as an OC. I probably like him as a position coach and recruiting coordinator better. Or even a staffer.

Wouldn't it nice be nice to have 10 or 12 former HC staffers or compete anaylystd helping our next head coach like we were a legitimate elite P5 school.
With a few slaps up side the right heads and some others fired we might could get there. OC? Strong. You drunk already.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I wouldn't be opposed to Strong. We would have a rotating door of OCs though and that kinda scares me. Thats why Im not a big fan of a head coach with defensive roots. Its much easier to plug and play DCs while the HC with a offensive background keeps the O side stable than it is to plug and play OCs. But maybe Strong has got enough experience to be able to keep the O side stable between coordinators. I dont know but I would be on board if Strong replaced MuLLLen at this point. Strong would definitely stock the shelves and talent really over comes scheme a lot more than the MuLLLen he!! we find ourselves in now with trying to out scheme with less talent.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you mean attacking downfield? Yes, I'm in favor of that for sure. I'm not completely opposed to Kellen I just think he would have a hard time recruiting and if he did kill it, he'd be gone back to the NFL in the drop of a hat or head west to USC.

If he's killing it here then he'd be less likely to leave. How many coaches in recent history have bolted for the NFL or another job when they had their program rolling? And I'm talking about a p5 powerhouse. It really doesn't happen that much.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Didn’t Mullen already try to bring Strong in one time in some capacity? Not sure if it was a position coach position or some kind of analyst.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
If he's killing it here then he'd be less likely to leave. How many coaches in recent history have bolted for the NFL or another job when they had their program rolling? And I'm talking about a p5 powerhouse. It really doesn't happen that much.
Ummm we have 2 that did it. SOS and Meyer

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ummm we have 2 that did it. SOS and Meyer
Spurrier did it after like ten years. Don't know if I'd call that bolting for the NFL. Meyer sat for a year before he started coaching again and didn't bolt for the NFL.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Spurrier did it after like ten years. Don't know if I'd call that bolting for the NFL. Meyer sat for a year before he started coaching again and didn't bolt for the NFL.
Oh..sorry...I didn't see those stipulations and disclaimers in your original post. Saban left for the Dolphins when, I think it's safe to say he was building a powerhouse at LSU. Or does the fact that he was at Mich St first then went to LSU DQ him from the list as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh..sorry...I didn't see those stipulations and disclaimers in your original post. Saban left for the Dolphins when, I think it's safe to say he was building a powerhouse at LSU. Or does the fact that he was at Mich St first then went to LSU DQ him from the list as well.
Nick Saban was 9-3 when he left.

His record was:
8-4
10-3
8-5
13-1
9-3

He wasnt building a powerhouse at LSU and lost to Zooker in his best year.

The only reason he "built a powerhouse" is bc Bammer gave him untold hundreds of millions of dollars to buy absolutely every advantage possible.

Lots of mediocre coaches could be Dabo, Kirby or even Saban and succeed with that sort of budget but none of that will happen at UF so it is pointless to talk about it

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Nick Saban was 9-3 when he left.

His record was:
8-4
10-3
8-5
13-1
9-3

He wasnt building a powerhouse at LSU and lost to Zooker in his best year.

The only reason he "built a powerhouse" is bc Bammer gave him untold hundreds of millions of dollars to buy absolutely every advantage possible.

Lots of mediocre coaches could be Dabo, Kirby or even Saban and succeed with that sort of budget but none of that will happen at UF so it is pointless to talk about it
Did SOS have a power house? How about Urb?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
SOS had 6 SEC championships and 1 NC.

Urb... well, 2 SEC championships and 2 NC.

Saban 1 and 1.

I know championships don't matter to some of you tards.
and how many undefeated seasons did SOS or Urb have...NONE. Loses to Auburn, FSU and Ole Fking Miss and that was the season Urb won the 2nd natty. Matter of fact Sabans record at LSU aint the much different Sabans. So in other words, you're wrong ass muncher.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was referring to Chadwell. I also think Fickell is a solid choice because he has connections at all levels of football. I have family that has known him since he played at tOSU.

Well then you know that Fickell is not leaving the Midwest for any job.
Both his and his wife’s families are in Ohio and he is a big family guy.
I believe he’s waiting for one of the top Big Ten jobs or Notre Dame.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Mullen already try to bring Strong in one time in some capacity? Not sure if it was a position coach position or some kind of analyst.

As an analyst and for some strange reason, Charlie believes that working as an analyst for Saban is a better opportunity. Can you believe it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They need to go ahead and grab Lane Kiffin or Billy Napier. I just don’t trust the admin to act quickly on this.
Good Gawd.

Billy Napier is Mcelstain Jr with a penchant for more running and less playaction short passes. What the hell is wrong with you inbred retarded fuchs?

No wonder you asseipes loved the last three hires and want more of the same. Fickelll!!!! Napier.
Jesus Christ what fuchsing idiots.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but I think Napier would do great here. There was an article about why he turned down Auburn and SC last year. He said he wants 100% backing from the admin so he can build up analysts the recruiting department like Saban has at Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.