Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Riley, day, kiffin - all these guys were o coordinators and now doing pretty well. Dabo was a WR coach.

Just stop with the "he has to have HC experience" garbage.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What teams did Muschamp beat as a head coach before coming to UF?

What teams has Brian Johnson beat as head coach?

What teams has Joe Brady beat as Head coach?

Muschamp can’t hold Fickel’s jock.

Look, let’s wait for the playoff before completely dumping Fickel in the ****ter.

If we don’t swing for the fences, with Dabo or Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day , then, we are going to need to take a shot with a successful mid major group of 5 head coach.

No coordinators!!!
This is hilarious. Please tell me what separates fickel from another group 5 coach that had his mid major undefeated? What's fickell done that Scott Frost, Mike Norvell, Josh Huepel and Tom Herman hasn't? Hell ucf absolutely skull ****ed Auburn one year. And then you go on to mention dabo , day , and Riley. All in the same post and then say no coordinators? What do you think these guys were before they got their gigs? What teams did Lincoln Riley beat before he became a head coach?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
No more three star whisperers please. Just give us a brilliant young offensive mind who will hire good assistants.
Annnd has great potential to be a great CEO. One who delegates authority to good people and expects them to produce. One who builds a great structure where everyone knows their responsibilities, rewarded when exceptional but held accountable when under performing.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Have you seen the offense he is running in Dallas, while I agree with your questions. Anyone that we are going to get is going to have question marks. I rather get a bright offensive mind with question marks, than a jabornie that is going run out the clock with question marks. What quarterback, Reciever, TE or Running Back wouldn't want to play in that offense?
Sure. Bring Dak, Zeke, Lamb, Cooper and the O-line along and I am all for it.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This is hilarious. Please tell me what separates fickel from another group 5 coach that had his mid major undefeated? What's fickell done that Scott Frost, Mike NorveLLLL, Josh Huepel and Tom Herman hasn't? Hell ucf absolutely skull ****ed Auburn one year. And then you go on to mention dabo , day , and Riley. All in the same post and then say no coordinators? What do you think these guys were before they got their gigs? What teams did Lincoln Riley beat before he became a head coach?
Beat Notre Dame AT Notre Dame
During the regular season, NOT a meaningless bowl game.

Still laughing?

I only mentioned Dabo, Riley and Day as coaches to swing for the fences for.

Is it you can’t read or can’t comprehend what you read?

Still laughing?

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Riley, day, kiffin - all these guys were o coordinators and now doing pretty well. Dabo was a WR coach.

Yeah and Dabo is the only one that had to build the program.
Clemson was Patient.

Riley and Day were handed the keys to a Lamborghini.

Sadly, we are no where near a Lamborghini.
We are going to need a coach that can do more with less until he can build us back.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

No doubt. But how do you know if a coordinator can handle a HC job? It's a totally different animal. It's not just about X&Os anymore. Now you have to be the face of a program. You have to handle the administration, the boosters, the press, and the fans. Running an entire program is a lot more complicated than running just the offense or defense.

We've had our own examples: Zook was blithering idiot, Chump had to hire Cheesburger Charlie in part to show him the ropes. Kiffin didn't handle his first attempt very well. Riley was promoted from within. As was Dabo who had been with the program for six years and still it took another 5 years until people weren't laughing at him.The list of coordinators that went to straight to a P5 job and succeeded is a helluva lot shorter than the list of guys who failed.

HC at Florida isn't an OTJ training position.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No doubt. But how do you know if a coordinator can handle a HC job? It's a totally different animal. It's not just about X&Os anymore. Now you have to be the face of a program. You have to handle the administration, the boosters, the press, and the fans. Running an entire program is a lot more complicated than running just the offense or defense.

We've had our own examples: Zook was blithering idiot, Chump had to hire Cheesburger Charlie in part to show him the ropes. Kiffin didn't handle his first attempt very well. Riley was promoted from within. As was Dabo who had been with the program for six years and still it took another 5 years until people weren't laughing at him.The list of coordinators that went to straight to a P5 job and succeeded is a helluva lot shorter than the list of guys who failed.

There is one coordinator who didn’t inherit a Lamborghini and is on his first HC job and doing pretty well. He is a former DC tho. Not saying I would ever want him, merely pointing out it seems to be working out for one school.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I don’t entirely disagree but I think it’s about timing. As I’ve said, I’m not sure we could get it woefully wrong again back in 2017, so Mullen made some sense. And we got back to winning some games and getting some credibility again. He’s just run his course and need to go. But I think fans would be ok with a calculated, smart risk being taken again at this point. If it doesn’t work, fine. This isn’t either though, so staying course absolutely isn’t an option. And most would rather at least take a swing for something great than another story to which the ending we already know.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not saying it's not possible. But if history is any indication it's one helluva gamble.

Again, we’re in agreement. But a young coach that could energize things would almost certainly do no worse than 7-5, which is where we’re headed next season(maybe this one) with the status quo. Mullen was no match for KS, Norvell or often even Diaz when we were playing in Orange Bowls and they were watching. It’s about to get ugly either way.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Are we seriously using Fooley hiring loser defensive coordinators as a reason we shouldn’t hire a brilliant young offensive strategist to be our next head coach? 7-8 wins baked into the schedule. I’m fine letting a guy learn as long as he actually does learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator