Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
75e056132683e0.jpg

not really clear which team he considers his alma mater these days.

last seen wearing red and gold.

says he wished he'd gone to Alabama.

and that he considers himself an honorary cane.

must be one of those three schools though.

I’m not sure either. Here’s the list I have so far:

Miami
Alabama
Georgia
Stanford
Texas A&M
LSU

But I am sure there are others.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad so many of you dumbasses think where someone played football has any thing to do with their coaching ability. :facepalm:

Agreed

Typically the best players are terrible coaches because they can’t teach what comes naturally to them.
We won’t even get into the intellectual capacity of the typical football star and how a double digit IQ translates in a CEO role in college football.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Agreed

Typically the best players are terrible coaches because they can’t teach what comes naturally to them.
We won’t even get into the intellectual capacity of the typical football star and how a double digit IQ translates in a CEO role in college football.

We can use Tebow as an example because we all love him. He was a great gator because he was good at running fuchers over. He was a terrible pro because he wasn't smart enough to understand the complexity of the game. Yet some think he'd make a great head coach.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone RELAX.

As law and sofla have stated previously, this is all self-correcting and we are now very near that point.

Even if multard escapes the firing squad, he's gone early next year. And it will be very early considering the moves he's made in response thus far. He's essentially quadrupling down on stupid. Handing the DC job to the worst remaining defensive coach on the staff? Continue to completely ignore STs despite it killing us in numerous games? Continuing to ride EJ to a 6-6 or worse finish? Reguarly scheduled tard level pressers and comments to the media?

Absolute worst case scnenario, he's gone game 5 next season after going 2-2 against Utah, KY, USF, and buttchug.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@FootballScoop: Sources: With LSU lurking, Michigan State makes move to secure Mel Tucker Sources: With LSU lurking, Michigan State makes move to secure Mel Tucker via @JohnDBrice1

Whether or not Tucker is the specific guy you prefer, his methodology over the past 3-4 years is exactly what we should be looking for in our next coach. Colorado has a well defined ceiling. It was always a stepping stone. Msu is better, but not by much and he isn't beating the best there either. He made decisive moves from both places the moment they availed themselves. You don't stick around garbage places any longer than you absolutely have to because the longer you do, the more losses you'll accumulate. You also don't stick around because you interview like a buffoon that even places like miami say no thanks. No different than winning a game, you strike as soon as the opportunity is there and you don't botch it. Like MT or not, that's what he's done.

I'm ok with trying a first time HC, but an even better scenario would be something like this.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There you go, finished your thought for you. You've made it obvious with your :crazy: and :bandit: of every coach proposed in this thread that you're terrified of losing Cousin Eddie, the apple of your jaundiced eye, the love of your miserable life, the forever filler of your worn-out sh*tter. What would you do without him?

I predict, the same thing you do now. It says here that after Cousin finally gets canned, you will continue b*tching about him and starting threads about him. Sad! :(

:crazy::bandit:

Butters gave him real focus & purpose in life, plus a name.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think I mentioned Tony Elliott like 40 pages ago or something. He hits most of my requirements. Not all of them. But it couldn't be much worse than welcoming in another proven loser.

He’s got a solid resume and an impressive background. Engineering degree, team captain etc. But he’s a pure Clempson guy to the bone. And is he a recruiting star? The guy that took Spiller from us, for example?? I’d like to see him in the mix & compare with Johnson among others.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You do realize that Moron Sanders was a CB,right?

Not sure there are any former defensive backs working as offensive coordinators today.
"Coach Prime" may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I sure wouldn't want to see FSU hire him. Not sure what he'd do with all the 5*s and 4*s he got but I guarantee he'd get 'em.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Right. Again predictable. Just because you have diarrhea of the keyboard doesn't make you an authority of anything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think aka is losing it. I don’t recall him acting like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator