Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And he freaking whipped Jimbo's ass with half his team injured going up against twice the talent and depth. Something we can't do even at full strength. I'd be fine with kiffin if for no other reason than he would at least make it abundantly clear to the public the issues in the front office and facilities which would likely force change for the better. And we'd finally have a real offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s obvious at this point that Monte Kiffin had a brief stint with the Lions back in the 70s and spawned several relatives. I don’t even know where to begin in the search for an admission.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I will never understand how mullen ever became confused with a developer of quarterbacks. His track record is one of ruination.
He kept inheriting good quarterbacks and got credit for it. The media than made up and ran with all his nicknames. You can tell the announcers never really watched because they always seem so shocked that he’s not that good in a high profile job

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How in the fuk is that on Kiffen? That was a Saban decision.

you mean Kiffin focusing on FAU instead of the NC game so much that it forced Saban to make a decision. It’s not as if Saban just makes rash decisions. That whole year was rocky due to Kiffin not knowing his place and acting out.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
you mean Kiffin focusing on FAU instead of the NC game so much that it forced Saban to make a decision. It’s not as if Saban just makes rash decisions. That whole year was rocky due to Kiffin not knowing his place and acting out.
That's what ya got? If you can stretch something that far, ya might as well suck your own dick.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The tension between the two had zero to do with what you’re alluding to. It was Kiffin and Saban being polar opposite in their approach to coaching and organization, and it eventually getting under Saban’s skin to the point where the relationship was no longer productive.

Saban is nothing if not maniacal about organization, preparedness and risk management. He is measured in his words to the enth degree. Kiffin is a modern-day version of Steve Spurrier, a risk-taking, fast-thinking, trash-talking spontaneous ball of fun.

Saban goes out of his way to compliment Kiffin for his coaching skills, pointing out out that he learned a lot from him. That’s high praise for anyone, but esp a guy with Kiffin’s rep. Saban single-handedly put him back on the map by going well outside his comfort zone to seek big changes to the way Bama moved the football. Kiffin delivered.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Kiffin’s image and value would be improved greatly if he were married again. It may seem minor, but it represents stability in the eyes of major financiers. Especially considering there was alleged infidelity on his part the last go around, it feeds an image of immaturity and unreliability. I’m not saying that’s a deal breaker but I don’t think it helps.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think Kiffin’s image and value would be improved greatly if he were married again. It may seem minor, but it represents stability in the eyes of major financiers. Especially considering there was alleged infidelity on his part the last go around, it feeds an image of immaturity and unreliability. I’m not saying that’s a deal breaker but I don’t think it helps.
Agreed, but 5 years divorced now and the only picture of a coach grabbing crotch in that time frame is Meyer, this year. ;)

Not a single allegation of Kiffen banging anyone since before what, 2013 when he went to Bama? So that's on campus, at Alabama, FAU, and Ole Miss, chocked full of smokin' hot young women, and we got nuthin' in the "keep yer dik in yer pants category."

I'm serious, I think Peter Pan grew the fuk up... I'd go all in on him (and Durkin in the deal). Someone will, and they will win, bigger than Ole Miss is.

His hiring of Durkin and trusting Durkin to run the defense is another big tell. He actually wants his defense to be good. They gotta stay on the field a long, long, damn time in his game.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I would love Kiffen and DJ but I aint getting my hopes up because our administration would never hire him. Sexton will extract several pounds of flesh too and we might find ourselves in the same problem we got ourselves into with MuLLLLLen with regards to how much we would have to pay for him to leave Ole Miss for here.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Where’s the evidence he can recruit?

I decided to dig more on this question. I'm not telling you what to think, but I'm just putting the facts out there.

1. His classes at FAU are the highest ranked classes in program history. I checked this with Rivals. And FAU has no football history whatsoever. Taggart, who was also supposed to be a good recruiter, has not recruited as well as Kiffin did.

2. I think a good indicator of current recruiting ability would be to look at the state of Mississippi last cycle and this cycle. Last year, the state of Mississippi only had a grand total of 6 players ranked 4* or higher in the 2021 class. Saban, Orgeron (who would likely be on Kiffin's staff FWIW), and Cristobal took the top 3. So there were really 3 4* recruits for MSU and Ole Miss to fight over. MSU got two of them and Ole Miss got the last one, Luke Altmer, who Kiffin flipped from FSU before signing day.

However, Ole Miss did sign 6 4* players from out of state last year, showing that Kiffin can find players out of the state if he can't find them in state. And most of these players are from areas UF has regularly plucked talent from.

He also found 3 4* players to come be a part of his transition class before he even coached a game at Ole Miss. They came on board after Kiffin accepted the job at Ole Miss. I checked that with rivals as well.

3. This year there are 10 recruits ranked 4* or higher in the state of Mississippi. Kirby and Saban have secured commitments from two of them. So that leaves 8 recruits that Kiffin could realistically land. Manny Diaz has a commitment from one. Ole Miss has secured pledges from 4 of the top 10. MSU has 2 of the top 10. The last of the top 10 appears to be a battle between FSU and Ole Miss. If 4* players are the goal in the state of Mississippi, then so far this year Kiffin's getting about half of the ones he's expected to compete for after Kirby and Saban have gotten theirs.

He is doing better this year in the state of Mississippi than Mullen did on a regular basis at MSU FWIW.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I decided to dig more on this question. I'm not telling you what to think, but I'm just putting the facts out there.

1. His classes at FAU are the highest ranked classes in program history. I checked this with Rivals. And FAU has no football history whatsoever. Taggart, who was also supposed to be a good recruiter, has not recruited as well as Kiffin did.

2. I think a good indicator of current recruiting ability would be to look at the state of Mississippi last cycle and this cycle. Last year, the state of Mississippi only had a grand total of 6 players ranked 4* or higher in the 2021 class. Saban, Orgeron (who would likely be on Kiffin's staff FWIW), and Cristobal took the top 3. So there were really 3 4* recruits for MSU and Ole Miss to fight over. MSU got two of them and Ole Miss got the last one, Luke Altmer, who Kiffin flipped from FSU before signing day.

However, Ole Miss did sign 6 4* players from out of state last year, showing that Kiffin can find players out of the state if he can't find them in state. And most of these players are from areas UF has regularly plucked talent from.

He also found 3 4* players to come be a part of his transition class before he even coached a game at Ole Miss. They came on board after Kiffin accepted the job at Ole Miss. I checked that with rivals as well.

3. This year there are 10 recruits ranked 4* or higher in the state of Mississippi. Kirby and Saban have secured commitments from two of them. So that leaves 8 recruits that Kiffin could realistically land. Manny Diaz has a commitment from one. Ole Miss has secured pledges from 4 of the top 10. MSU has 2 of the top 10. The last of the top 10 appears to be a battle between FSU and Ole Miss. If 4* players are the goal in the state of Mississippi, then so far this year Kiffin's getting about half of the ones he's expected to compete for after Kirby and Saban have gotten theirs.

He is doing better this year in the state of Mississippi than Mullen did on a regular basis at MSU FWIW.
I didn't read any of that, but I'm sure it's full of useful points.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you guys want to continue the Kiffin love fest, have at it. It's effing sad that we're in a position to lust after that pouty little loser tard. Makes me want to shut down the board it's so depressing. We have no pride left.

However, while you're doing it, remember this: there is ZERO chance either Stricklin nor anyone who replaces him will even have Kiffin on their list. He burned bridges at UF a long time ago. So go ahead and keep pissing into the wind - you're wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator