Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Dude, you have to dig deeper than that. There's a lot more on the internet about him, including a secret I want you to discover on your own - it's no fun if I give it away. Spend as much time as it takes to find it - it's worth it.
nah, you can run your game on someone else. Seeing stats told the story of the prank...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
nah, you can run your game on someone else. Seeing stats told the story of the prank...
Think of it this way: Both Walt Bell and Lane Kiffin have the same trophy case:

gtap48blkt.rw_zoom.jpg

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Has anyone ever read the story of how the Mullinzes met? It is about what you'd expect.

Megan was a small-time sports reporter working in Ohio when Dan saw her on the sideline at Bowling Green. He found out her name and email address, and started stalking her.

To be fair, Stalking Dan would dispute that characterization. In fact he specifically denied being a stalker, in his second email to her. Twice.

From 247Sports:

Coach Mullen asked if she would have lunch with him. Megan never responded. A second e-mail came along.

"Listen, I am not a stalker," Mullen wrote. "I'm just a quarterback coach with Bowling Green State University. You cover our team, and I have seen you at practice. I would like to take you out to lunch. Again, I'm not a stalker. I just want to take you to lunch. At least have the common courtesy to reply to this e-mail. It would be RUDE not to."

Megan shared how 'RUDE' was spelled in capital letters. She kept thinking to herself, "Who is this guy?"

Megan still ignored him until one day when she walked into a staff meeting. The news director would screen all working staff's e-mails. He came out one day reading the e-mail out loud in front of everyone. He was saying, "He is not a stalker. This is his second e-mail. Can you just go have lunch with the guy?"

Megan responded, "Nope, can't do it. I am already seeing someone else." Then he said, "Nope, you have to do it because it will be bad business not to."

Megan continued to say, "No. I can't." The news director continued to say, "Just do it. Just go have lunch with this guy. It will be a nice thing to do."

"I called Dan Mullen and realized we had enough in common that we could get through a lunch," Megan said. "So I said, 'you know what, if you want to do lunch sometime this week or next week I will be happy to.'"

Dan Mullen said, "No. That's OK. We will just have dinner tonight instead."

She thought, "Who is this guy? I've given him a lunch, and he's taking a dinner. Like what in the world, the arrogance of this guy.

"So I went to dinner that night, but didn't brush my hair, and I didn't care. I just wanted it to kind of be over with, but I got there first and when I heard the person walk in behind me I turned around and that was the first time in my life that anybody had taken my breath away.

"I just knew it. It was him. That was the start of Dan. Dan has always said that he is a good recruiter, and that he recruited me. And you know what, he totally did."

So, Dashing Dan took her breath away. It would be hard to believe, if it wasn't impossible to believe.

As she reflects back upon her life now, and recalls all the people she has known, I bet there is no one she despises more than that Fuchsing news director.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Has anyone ever read the story of how the Mullinzes met? It is about what you'd expect.

Megan was a small-time sports reporter working in Ohio when Dan saw her on the sideline at Bowling Green. He found out her name and started stalking her. To be fair, Stalking Dan would dispute that characterization. In fact he specifically denied being a stalker, in his first email to her. Twice.

From 247Sports:

Coach Mullen asked if she would have lunch with him. Megan never responded. A second e-mail came along.

"Listen, I am not a stalker," Mullen wrote. "I'm just a quarterback coach with Bowling Green State University. You cover our team, and I have seen you at practice. I would like to take you out to lunch. Again, I'm not a stalker. I just want to take you to lunch. At least have the common courtesy to reply to this e-mail. It would be RUDE not to."

Megan shared how 'RUDE' was spelled in capital letters. She kept thinking to herself, "Who is this guy?"

Megan still ignored him until one day when she walked into a staff meeting. The news director would screen all working staff's e-mails. He came out one day reading the e-mail out loud in front of everyone. He was saying, "He is not a stalker. This is his second e-mail. Can you just go have lunch with the guy?"

Megan responded, "Nope, can't do it. I am already seeing someone else." Then he said, "Nope, you have to do it because it will be bad business not to."

Megan continued to say, "No. I can't." The news director continued to say, "Just do it. Just go have lunch with this guy. It will be a nice thing to do."

"I called Dan Mullen and realized we had enough in common that we could get through a lunch," Megan said. "So I said, 'you know what, if you want to do lunch sometime this week or next week I will be happy to.'"

She thought, "Who is this guy? I've given him a lunch, and he's taking a dinner. Like what in the world, the arrogance of this guy.

"So I went to dinner that night, but didn't brush my hair, and I didn't care. I just wanted it to kind of be over with, but I got there first and when I heard the person walk in behind me I turned around and that was the first time in my life that anybody had taken my breath away.

"I just knew it. It was him. That was the start of Dan. Dan has always said that he is a good recruiter, and that he recruited me. And you know what, he totally did."

So, Dashing Dan took her breath away. It would be hard to believe, if it wasn't impossible to believe.

As she reflects back upon her life now, and recalls all the people she has known, I bet there is no one she despises more than that Fuchsing news director.
Yikes.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Because getting a rejection looks bad. I just have my doubts McVay would want to leave his $6 billion stadium to have a dank office in the Swamp with carpet squares, painted cinder block walls, drop ceilings, and a constantly dripping rusty pipe in the communal bathroom.
So you're saying we need a few upgrades?
So we throw in some money for remodeling... put it in his contract.
Plus, carpets of his choice.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This seals it. Despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary, muLLLLLen thinks he's a great recruiter. He's a legend in his own mind. And even his wife thinks he's an arrogant creeper.

Way to go Scott... you freaking asswipe.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
My vote goes to Brian Johnson.
He's smart. Would bring in good Coaches that can recruit.
Some risk there but look how our top two choices have turned out on our last hire.

Edit: top three choices

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Megan was a small-time sports reporter working in Ohio when Dan saw her on the sideline at Bowling Green. He found out her name and email address, and started stalking her.

To be fair, Stalking Dan would dispute that characterization. In fact he specifically denied being a stalker, in his second email to her. Twice.

From 247Sports:

I can’t unsee that. Dude was even lame at dating. No wonder he sucks at recruiting while being cheered on by the wife

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
"Honey, I am not a cuckold. I just think it would be good for our team if you made out with every player when they get off the bus. It would be RUDE not to. But again, I am not a cuckold."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator