Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wouldn't sweat it, they won't hire him for the same reason UF won't. They too have a woke administration that doesn't put a premium on winning at football anymore. To the contrary, they literally think that having a powerhouse football program makes people take your school less seriously on the academic front, so they don't want it.

I don't know exactly what it is, but there would be some type of buyout for Kiffin topull him out of Oxford. In addition they'll have to buyout Diaz. And Lane is already making 4.5 at OM. How much would they realistically be able to offer him to warrant the move? There's a reason they've gone from Shannon to Golden to Richt to Diaz. They are in position to spend between 3-4.5. That's their life. As @GatorInGeorgia pointed out, most of their big names are all complete financial trainwrecks. Their biggest benefactor just got out of prison for running a Ponzi. And most of the regular, successful alum don't care all that much. They have nothing to offer anyone, which is the real reason why the never land anyone.

I don't see a scenario where they can make any solid hire unless LK just wants out of there. But one more decent season and he could easily be getting a Mullen-type contract at a Uf-type place. So I don't even see Sexton(or whoever) allowing him to make that move, because there is an absolute financial ceiling at um. They're basically the Jenna Jameson of football. Sure there may have been a time where it made sense. And there may even be some decent qualities now. But you know any move you make would be short lived and you're walking out with some type of disease.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I don't know exactly what it is, but there would be some type of buyout for Kiffin topull him out of Oxford. In addition they'll have to buyout Diaz. And Lane is already making 4.5 at OM. How much would they realistically be able to offer him to warrant the move? There's a reason they've gone from Shannon to Golden to Richt to Diaz. They are in position to spend between 3-4.5. That's their life. As @GatorInGeorgia pointed out, most of their big names are all complete financial trainwrecks. Their biggest benefactor just got out of prison for running a Ponzi. And most of the regular, successful alum don't care all that much. They have nothing to offer anyone, which is the real reason why the never land anyone.

I don't see a scenario where they can make any solid hire unless LK just wants out of there. But one more decent season and he could easily be getting a Mullen-type contract at a Uf-type place. So I don't even see Sexton(or whoever) allowing him to make that move, because there is an absolute financial ceiling at um. They're basically the Jenna Jameson of football. Sure there may have been a time where it made sense. And there may even be some decent qualities now. But you know any move you make would be short lived and you're walking out with some type of disease.
I agree with all that, but the significance of that "unless" can't be understated. If Lane Kiffin really wants to go to UM because he considers it a glamour gig in an appealing location, and he actively lobbies for the job on terms that are favorable to them, I'm sure they'd consider it. But I don't see them chasing after him and throwing money at him.

The rumor to the contrary that I reported above should be taken with a grain of salt since it came from the guy you mentioned who just got out of prison lol. Although technically he is still a prisoner -- due to the covid situation and him being a non-violent felon, he was transferred to home confinement and still has quite a few years of that to go. You won't see him attending any Hurricane games any time soon. But of course that could be said of nearly everybody.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I agree with all that, but the significance of that "unless" can't be understated. If Lane Kiffin really wants to go to UM because he considers it a glamour gig in an appealing location, and he actively lobbies for the job on terms that are favorable to them, I'm sure they'd consider it. But I don't see them chasing after him and throwing money at him.

The rumor to the contrary that I reported above should be taken with a grain of salt since it came from the guy you mentioned who just got out of prison lol. Although technically he is still a prisoner -- due to the covid situation and him being a non-violent felon, he was transferred to home confinement and still has quite a few years of that to go. You won't see him attending any Hurricane games any time soon. But of course that could be said of nearly everybody.

You are a south florida guy. You think its the bees knees. We all get it. I hate the area personally but I dont let that influence my thinking on what other people might like. I guess if I was making the money these coaches are making I could enjoy it but its not my top destination but it doesn't mean it isn't someone elses. Personally, I might enjoy Oxford more than Miami but that is more about what I like doing and not what you or LK like doing. scUM doesnt have the money to hang like they used to and I think that is going to steer real players away. Point is, I think you might be overstating the whole thing.

On that note, I always though LK was a more central Florida guy but really not sure.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You are a south florida guy. You think its the bees knees. We all get it. I hate the area personally but I dont let that influence my thinking on what other people might like. I guess if I was making the money these coaches are making I could enjoy it but its not my top destination but it doesn't mean it isn't someone elses. Personally, I might enjoy Oxford more than Miami but that is more about what I like doing and not what you or LK like doing. scUM doesnt have the money to hang like they used to and I think that is going to steer real players away. Point is, I think you might be overstating the whole thing.

On that note, I always though LK was a more central Florida guy but really not sure.
For the record I don't like the Tampa area either, but mainly because you live there, you Canadian sport-loving jitbag. Go eat another cruller. Meanwhile, whether Miami or Tampa guys, at least we are Florida guys. Unlike someone we know.

Im just a few miles from Kentucky, at least make me a fuchsing kitty kat. Never a fuchsnut.

bucknut.jpg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
For the record I don't like the Tampa area either, but mainly because you live there, you Canadian sport-loving jitbag. Go eat another cruller. Meanwhile, whether Miami or Tampa guys, at least we are Florida guys. Unlike someone we know.

For the record...I live in Charleston, SC, so maybe give Tampa another try. I have never been to Canada though Im trying to talk the wife into a Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City then down through Nova Scotia road trip next summer if the border is open.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It's really a wonder the entire state of Ohio isn't nearly devoid of human life. How do people who look like this(take your pick) even bring themselves to reproduce.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's really a wonder the entire state of Ohio isn't nearly devoid of human life. How do people who look like this(take your pick) even bring themselves to reproduce.
Im just barely across the state line. Any farther and it is basically the same as Wisconsin.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Im just barely across the state line. Any farther and it is basically the same as Wisconsin.

I cant believe anyone actually lives in that state. Here in Charleston you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Ohio transplant. Every time someone new moves in they from Ohio.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
For the record...I live in Charleston, SC, so maybe give Tampa another try. I have never been to Canada though Im trying to talk the wife into a Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City then down through Nova Scotia road trip next summer if the border is open.
Hey, that's almost the exact trip I took when I went to Canada, as mentioned earlier. Drove from Toronto to a little town called Kingston on Lake Ontario, then up to Montreal, then to Quebec City, then to Ottawa, and back to Toronto.

Here's my review: Boring. Blaaaahhh. Bland. Soulless. Sucked. EXCEPT for Quebec City, that was great. Highly recommended. Skip the rest and just take your wife there. Very romantic. It's the best-preserved historic city in North America, bar none. Although if you live in Charleston maybe historical stuff isn't as much of an interesting novelty to you as it is to me.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hey, that's almost the exact trip I took when I went to Canada, as mentioned earlier. Drove from Toronto to a little town called Kingston on Lake Ontario, then up to Montreal, then to Quebec City, then to Ottawa, and back to Toronto.

Here's my review: Boring. Blaaaahhh. Bland. Soulless. Sucked. EXCEPT for Quebec City, that was great. Highly recommended. Skip the rest and just take your wife there. Very romantic. It's the best-preserved historic city in North America, bar none. Although if you live in Charleston maybe historical stuff isn't as much of an interesting novelty to you as it is to me.

Montreal and QC would be the gem of the trip for us but we also just like getting out into the country and seeing whats out there. For example, there will be a side trip to Sudbury to visit Letterkenny spots. After Nova Scotia would route through New England back to whatever airport we flew into.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Montreal and QC would be the gem of the trip for us but we also just like getting out into the country and seeing whats out there. For example, there will be a side trip to Sudbury to visit Letterkenny spots. After Nova Scotia would route through New England back to whatever airport we flew into.
I didn't make it to Nova Scotia, I would like to go there.

Has anyone here been to Nova Scotia?

REPORT.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I have to say me and my posse of Gator alums that go to the game have NEVER even thought about donning game paraphernalia like this, let alone the body paint. I mean I BLEED orange and blue but not like this. I'm always wearing a Gator hat and I have a couple of oxford shirts with Gators logos on them including a couple of sweaters. I have a front bumper tag with a Gator carrying a football on my car and then a sticker on the back windshield. But this? Seriously how does all that stuff on you feel after you get your ass handed to you like the Gators did to them in FB AND BB in the same year for nattys? How's THAT trip home? Ugh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator