Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about ready to get on board and say call Marquand Manuel and see if he would bite. Yeah, a stretch, but three good reasons:

1. A Gator. A real Gator, not some tool claiming to know what the 'Gator Standard' should be.

2. Super Bowl Champion. SEC Champion.

3. Black (yes, elephant in the room but who cares) and a Miami kid.

All three would instantly make him better at recruiting. Flashing that SB ring on home visits wouldn't hurt.

With his NFL contacts, he would be able to hire a decent staff you would assume.
Isn’t he currently working at a Jiffy Lube?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Even if he was, he still would be an instant upgrade over Dip**** Dan.

The problems with MM is he, like many of that era’s Gators, is an assistant that hasn’t probably done enough to warrant the move. They may be great when all is said and done. The timing just isn’t ideal though. But hey, I’d be ok with an interview. Definite Gator.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Buddy, we are already. Mullen makes more than Day, Smart, Franklin and Fisher. Cristobal, NorveLLLL and Kiffin would double their pay if we simply paid what’s remaining on DM’s contract to them instead. Guys like Brian Kelly and Luke Fickell would basically triple their pay. All with no additional outlay of money. It doesn’t have to be a perfect apples to apples. A great coach will come to Florida for 7 mil. We may not make a move this year, but it won’t be economics. It will simply be stupidity and blind hope that DM turns it around, because as Law pointed out, a year from now it will be more expensive than today. They know this.

Good points. And I agree for the most part. Though, I think economics is a 2nd factor for these clowns; just an additional reason for them to not make a move. And I don’t think they’re thinking today about firing him next year. They’re hoping the bandaids that are being implemented now will stop the bleeding enough for them to continue this charade.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

My goodness, is there any doubt this Hunter Chase drives a Prius and is the only one in his office to pass the new “woke training” test the first time.

Also, thank you Joey Ivie. We need former players and recognizable names calling out this charade for what it is.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Trying to extend the Bear Bryant line led to Mike Shula. As far as I know, Saban has no connection to Bryant. Likewise, UF just needs to hire a great head ball coach no matter where he comes from. Meyer had no connection to the SOS glory days. Vince Dooley went to Auburn. Just get a damn head ball coach and win the SEC and Nattys I really don't care where he comes from.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A reminder that Florida generates almost as much revenue as LSU.

c218a02636bb056b7efe875a685e8e33.jpg
Wasnt thatl ong ago we were generating 150 mil. I wonder if we're still doing that and they're just playing with the numbers pretending that women's gymnastics sells this many t-shirts or hats as football. or if we have really dropped off that much in revenue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to extend the Bear Bryant line led to Mike Shula. As far as I know, Saban has no connection to Bryant. Likewise, UF just needs to hire a great head ball coach no matter where he comes from. Meyer had no connection to the SOS glory days. Vince Dooley went to Auburn. Just get a damn head ball coach and win the SEC and Nattys I really don't care where he comes from.
Fuchs all Dwags

Dwags and their loser ass dna is what has caused all this. Hard to get dwagshyt stink off your program.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about ready to get on board and say call Marquand Manuel and see if he would bite. Yeah, a stretch, but three good reasons:

1. A Gator. A real Gator, not some tool claiming to know what the 'Gator Standard' should be.

2. Super Bowl Champion. SEC Champion.

3. Black (yes, elephant in the room but who cares) and a Miami kid.

All three would instantly make him better at recruiting. Flashing that SB ring on home visits wouldn't hurt.

With his NFL contacts, he would be able to hire a decent staff you would assume.
No way as HC, but I would love it if we hired him as our new DC. You gotta believe he’d recruit really well.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Nevin Shapiro was such a huge Cane booster that he literally went to prison over it lol but that doesn't necessarily mean he's still connected. Could be just wishful thinking.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Nevin Shapiro was such a huge Cane booster that he literally went to prison over it lol but that doesn't necessarily mean he's still connected. Could be just wishful thinking.

They make me sick with the propped-up arrogance and self-indulgence, all of it proof that they live in an alternative universe. Miami caught a fluke tailwind in the ‘80s and rode it to a few national titles. Big deal. It’s always been a second-rate environment and an afterthought among it’s so-called fans. I wish they’d stop pretending like they’re a big deal. They’re Southern Methodist East.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
They make me sick with the propped-up arrogance and self-indulgence, all of it proof that they live in an alternative universe. Miami caught a fluke tailwind in the ‘80s and rode it to a few national titles. Big deal. It’s always been a second-rate environment and an afterthought among it’s so-called fans. I wish they’d stop pretending like they’re a big deal. They’re Southern Methodist East.
I wouldn't sweat it, they won't hire him for the same reason UF won't. They too have a woke administration that doesn't put a premium on winning at football anymore. To the contrary, they literally think that having a powerhouse football program makes people take your school less seriously on the academic front, so they don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.