Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What would Saban command right now? $25 million a year?
It's frickin' ridiculous. The rate of increase in these coaches salaries is probably 8 times the rate of inflation. It can't be sustainable. Tucker is virtually guaranteed to get his second loss this weekend and ain't winning dik this year. So they are locking him in at 9.5 million a year for 10 years because they will play in a NY6 bowl game in 2021-22? WTF are these AD's thinking?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Lots of chatter about Lincoln Riley leaving OU for LSU. But am hearing that is not gonna happen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Didn't someone loosely associated with UF say a number of years ago that UF was not going to get into an arms race? Who was that?:dunno::dunno::dunno: Nevertheless it seems to ring true a number of years later. Know what else rings true? Below mediocrity!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A reminder that Florida generates almost as much revenue as LSU.

c218a02636bb056b7efe875a685e8e33.jpg

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
These ridiculous contracts that coaches are being offered are just another reason why our admins will have no desire to get rid of Cousin Eddie anytime soon. There’s just no way these bumbling idiots are gonna get into this market. If they ever do, they’ll try to entice a coach with Publix and Sonny’s gift cards.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
These ridiculous contracts that coaches are being offered are just another reason why our admins will have no desire to get rid of Cousin Eddie anytime soon. There’s just no way these bumbling idiots are gonna get into this market. If they ever do, they’ll try to entice a coach with Publix and Sonny’s gift cards.

We’re within 2mill annually of Tucker’s reported deal right now and it’s constantly gone up since he’s been here. Multiple sites have said we’ve already raised 10 million to can this toolbag in under two weeks. You really think we couldn’t, or wouldn’t throw a great candidate 8+? We’re practically there now and on the hook until ‘26.

Places like miami are the ones that should be shaking. Diaz is making somewhere between 3 and 4 million if I remember correctly. To jump into these sweepstakes they’d have to double their current pay, plus buy him out, potentially buy out the new guy and supply a staff, all with less resources.

They finally got the girl to talk to them and were thinking Outback. She’s expecting Morton’s.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about ready to get on board and say call Marquand Manuel and see if he would bite. Yeah, a stretch, but three good reasons:

1. A Gator. A real Gator, not some tool claiming to know what the 'Gator Standard' should be.

2. Super Bowl Champion. SEC Champion.

3. Black (yes, elephant in the room but who cares) and a Miami kid.

All three would instantly make him better at recruiting. Flashing that SB ring on home visits wouldn't hurt.

With his NFL contacts, he would be able to hire a decent staff you would assume.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We’re within 2mill annually of Tucker’s reported deal right now and it’s constantly gone up since he’s been here. Multiple sites have said we’ve already raised 10 million to can this toolbag in under two weeks. You really think we couldn’t, or wouldn’t throw a great candidate 8+? We’re practically there now and on the hook until ‘26.

Places like miami are the ones that should be shaking. Diaz is making somewhere between 3 and 4 million if I remember correctly. To jump into these sweepstakes they’d have to double their current pay, plus buy him out, potentially buy out the new guy and supply a staff, all with less resources.

They finally got the girl to talk to them and were thinking Outback. She’s expecting Morton’s.

I’m not saying we can’t. We easily could. I’m just saying we won’t.

I’ll gladly eat crow if they prove me wrong, but I’m sticking with my gut until they do. These woke admin bastards couldn’t care less about where football ranks on their list of ‘Things that matter at a university’. Elitists and ideologues will never admit they’re wrong. They point fingers, move targets, and then blame you for asking for something better from them. We’ve just now entered the point fingers mode with the firings. We’ve still got a ways to go.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m not saying we can’t. We easily could. I’m just saying we won’t.

Buddy, we are already. Mullen makes more than Day, Smart, Franklin and Fisher. Cristobal, Norvell and Kiffin would double their pay if we simply paid what’s remaining on DM’s contract to them instead. Guys like Brian Kelly and Luke Fickell would basically triple their pay. All with no additional outlay of money. It doesn’t have to be a perfect apples to apples. A great coach will come to Florida for 7 mil. We may not make a move this year, but it won’t be economics. It will simply be stupidity and blind hope that DM turns it around, because as Law pointed out, a year from now it will be more expensive than today. They know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.