Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but I think Napier would do great here. There was an article about why he turned down Auburn and SC last year. He said he wants 100% backing from the admin so he can build up analysts the recruiting department like Saban has at Bama.
Well, That leaves Us out!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but I think Napier would do great here. There was an article about why he turned down Auburn and SC last year. He said he wants 100% backing from the admin so he can build up analysts the recruiting department like Saban has at Bama.
He didnt turn down ten million. They looked at the tape of his garbage run run run offense and said hell no.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think I figured it out. Stricknine and Mullet made a pact where Sticknine would pay Mullet millions of dollars. Sticklnine will fire Mullen and hire Kevin Sumlin then Stricknine will be fired. Then they will move to Montana and live happily ever after in an off grid cabin.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What teams did Muschamp beat as a head coach before coming to UF?

What teams has Brian Johnson beat as head coach?

What teams has Joe Brady beat as Head coach?

Muschamp can’t hold Fickel’s jock.

Look, let’s wait for the playoff before completely dumping Fickel in the ****ter.

If we don’t swing for the fences, with Dabo or Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day , then, we are going to need to take a shot with a successful mid major group of 5 head coach.

No coordinators!!!
Don't they have to play SMU still?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
His reply to my donation letter was like that. He has made application to Ivy League to start in 2024 or sooner if his hand picked coaches are criticized on any sports message board.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
SOS was selected by Arnsbarger with a gun to his head and CUM was selected by Machen. UF AD's have never selected a great football coach that I am aware of. So, the AD is the first hire that needs to be made. Question ~ who should hire the AD?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is kinda telling he went from Tweeting just about every day to near radio silence the past few weeks

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
SOS was selected by Arnsbarger with a gun to his head and CUM was selected by Machen. UF AD's have never selected a great football coach that I am aware of. So, the AD is the first hire that needs to be made. Question ~ who should hire the AD?

Anyone that cares about football first second, third and so on. Once football is fixed you can then turn your efforts elsewhere,

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His reply to my donation letter was like that. He has made application to Ivy League to start in 2024 or sooner if his hand picked coaches are criticized on any sports message board.
#33 doesn't get you into the Ivy League.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you know, I didn't know ANYTHING about Ryan Day. Did you know he was DAZ's OC? Jeebus.

Oh.... he was a Gator GA in 2005. Didn't know that either.

Lincoln Riley was at ECU as an OC prior to going to Okie. He is a Lubbock TX guy though. No connections to southeast.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
you know, I didn't know ANYTHING about Ryan Day. Did you know he was DAZ's OC? Jeebus.

Oh.... he was a Gator GA in 2005. Didn't know that either.

Lincoln Riley was at ECU as an OC prior to going to Okie. He is a Lubbock TX guy though. No connections to southeast.
GA under Daz would ruin most mortal men. But in spite of that he seems to be doing well. Hmmm. If only he wasn't from New Hampshire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Money, hookers, blow. Whatever it takes.
You think he would settle for severe restrictions on his coaching staff budget, almost no support or recruiting staff, and some vague promises about future facilities improvements... maybe?

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
Luke Fickell + a blank check for assistants, analysts, facilities, and recruiting would return us to elite status.

At this point, any (potentially elite) HBC should demand the blank check, as I believe Saban did in 2006. It's the only way to be a consistent playoff contender.

I suspect, to my dismay, that the stewards of Gator football will never open the checkbook. I fear we are consigned to be, at best, a second tier SEC program competing for ten win seasons and NY6 games. UF may not be a playoff contender for a long time.

Those of us who want elite football are like conservatives. We're obviously right, but the people who run the world are idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator