Who threw the prettiest ball as Gator QB?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Only 1 answer....

tenor.gif

....cause it always ended in a touchdown!!!!
I'm surprised you didn't say, "Humpty, from NBA range!"

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
GettyImages-72979849.0.jpg

A comment about the great Chris Leak in Captain's thread brought this to mind as I thought, "Did Chris Leak throw the best looking passes I'd ever seen as a Gator?"

Whoever we land on should be the 100 out of a 1-100 scale. We could start an entire other thread about who threw the worst ball.

The first three that come to mind before I turn it over to everyone else:

The aforementioned Leak, who threw the ball so well, I would parody him admiring those beauts like an artist steps back from the easel to observe.

Shane Matthews: Threw a very pretty ball, though I may have been punch drunk from the Kyle Morris/Herbert Perry/Donald Douglas era just before.

John Reaves: JR to Carlos, baby! Also, not surprisingly, came back to UF with Spurrier and worked with Mr. Shane Matthews.

Who ya got?

(Note to admins) - Feel free to edit (as long as you do it well) the title - couldn't come up with a suitable synonym for pretty that best described what I wanted to survey.

In my lifetime Rex Grossman

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
What? No votes for Noah Brindise? Honestly, it was like watching someone throw an outboard motor. Regardless, he was vital in the ‘97 victory over FSUx.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Leak had an unusual throwing motion, with an extraordinary amount of wrist snap, thus lots of ball spin. But at the same a lot of the energy went into the ball spinning vs forward velocity. His balls tended to float, and it was painful watching him throw sideline passes or screens because the ball took so long to get there.

I think Grossman was the best pure passer and was also accurate with the long ball and had a quick release and nice spiral, but plenty of zip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator