Who's going to Nashville?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking about heading out there for the game. Anybody been there (to the stadium, not Nashville)?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you feel Muschamp should be retained for next year now?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't their stadium only seat like 10,000 people? I mean seriously, wouldn't you think the alumni at Vandy are their only fans?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n98270 said:
One of these years we'll make the trip.

You won't regret it. Nashville is my favorite city to visit in the SEC.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n98272 said:
Doesn't their stadium only seat like 10,000 people? I mean seriously, wouldn't you think the alumni at Vandy are their only fans?

I'm positive that the alumni at Vandy are their only fans. They picked up some bandwagon fans after Franklin energized the program but they've all abandoned ship now.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n98272 said:

And the Vandy alum don't even go to the games. Usually its like a Gator home game because there is so much orange and blue there. :cool:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well the wife is going out there to visit her sister. She's been begging me for years to go with her but I always get out of it. I figure this time at least I have something to do. By the way, I'm the worlds greatest husband. The trophy doesn't lie.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;98275 said:
You won't regret it. Nashville is my favorite city to visit in the SEC.
I've been to Nashville many times, just never to a game at Vandy. Lots of people wearing cowboy hats that have never even seen a horse.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Zambo;n98279 said:
Well the wife is going out there to visit her sister. She's been begging me for years to go with her but I always get out of it. I figure this time at least I have something to do. By the way, I'm the worlds greatest husband. The trophy doesn't lie.
Funny post. Nashville is amazing. Even if you didnt go to the game. Plenty of cool bars and restaurants to hit

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Zambo;n98280 said:
I've been to Nashville many times, just never to a game at Vandy. Lots of people wearing cowboy hats that have never even seen a horse.

Yea, todays so called country. Sad. Most of the "stars" only experience with country is what they have seen out of the bus window in between shows. Rock & roll rejects that bought cowboy hats when they couldnt make it in rock and roll....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes my airline overnights downtown and there are often big receptions in the hotel bar/club following big music events. I'll tell you right now there are some creepy, weird people at these so called country music shindigs. Very strange stuff.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n98282 said:
Funny post. Nashville is amazing. Even if you didnt go to the game. Plenty of cool bars and restaurants to hit

I have mixed feelings about Nashville. I am in the area about once per month and still haven't decided if I love or hate downtown.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a horrible place to go to a game. We stayed in the hotel that overlooks the stadium, so it was kinda nice to walk out the back door and right into the stadium!

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
We go every year. Normally not a lot of pressure and an easy W. The fans are pretty relaxed and are friendly. Normally there is a good amount of Florida fans there, 50%. Parking can be a pain, as long as you get there a head of time you should be good. Made the mistake one year of parking near the frat houses and got blocked in. Had to find some drunk dude to move his car.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good thread to mention this; I am going to Nashville as it has been my favorite road trip for several years. I have several extra tickets if anyone is interested, face value or a decent offer (face value is $55). Let me know.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The stadium is fine, actually, the worst seat at Vandy is better than your pick of about 30,000 seats at the larger SEC stadiums. I've sat in Knoxville, Tuscaloosa and College Station where the players look like ants.

More importantly, if you haven't visited Broad Street in Nashville and hit the bars, restaurants, shops and museums along that stretch, you're really missing one helluva good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.