Why aren’t we competing at football?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a rule of thumb, the larger the college endowment, the worse the football team. There are a couple of reasons for that. One is that a massive BioTech company doesn't want to have its name attached to a school that has rapists and miscreants on the football team and in the news. The second is that academics will always take precedence over football in the effort to raise private money. The truth is that the University of Florida has an unusually large endowment, and it continues to grow. (TWSS). It's unlikely we'll ever see another national championship, unless by fluke, as we'll always be behind on facilities, and we'll never accept the women beaters, rapists, and thugs that schools like Alabama, Florida State, and LSU are willing to accept. I suggest all of you find a better hobby than college football, you're in for a lot of heartache over the next two decades. If you want to enjoy life more, take up scrapbooking, stamp collecting, or bird watching.

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
As a rule of thumb, the larger the college endowment, the worse the football team. There are a couple of reasons for that. One is that a massive BioTech company doesn't want to have its name attached to a school that has rapists and miscreants on the football team and in the news. The second is that academics will always take precedence over football in the effort to raise private money. The truth is that the University of Florida has an unusually large endowment, and it continues to grow. (TWSS). It's unlikely we'll ever see another national championship, unless by fluke, as we'll always be behind on facilities, and we'll never accept the women beaters, rapists, and thugs that schools like Alabama, Florida State, and LSU are willing to accept. I suggest all of you find a better hobby than college football, you're in for a lot of heartache over the next two decades. If you want to enjoy life more, take up scrapbooking, stamp collecting, or bird watching.

You forgot to suggest prostitutes as a potential hobby.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gator golf coach thanked both Foley and Stricklin after the victory.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So I didn't give this a like because I liked it but because its true. Texas and Texas A&M are in the same boat since some of the oilmen's sons actually got a education, you know the folks that actually control the foundations. I am not sure where the bulk of UFs endowment money comes from, although they have about a million dollars of my uncle's money, but I'll wager the family owned foundations that contribute are sensitive to being sensitive. Even the BHG family doesn't want a Cam Newton representing their elite university.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Why Aren't We Competing at Football? :whistle:
Well, there's several reasons. Here's a few:
- It's May
- We are well endowed, and growing
- Jeremy Foley
- Scott Strickland
- Previous head coaches (i.e. Mullen)
- Current recruiting is not where it should be (that's debatable and won't be quantifiable for another 2 years)
- We lack in facilities (I really think this has been addressed but old habits are hard to break so it's on the list)
- Other, non-revenue generating, sports get all the attention and facility upgrades
- We didn't hire certain high-profile coaches currently not working (i.e. Jon Gruden)
- A dearth of prostitutes
- ADD YOURS HERE

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Is your uncle interested in the “Adopt a Veteran” Campaign? I’m available.
He left the endowment to his school, Agriculture (say thanks NOLA), when he passed, The John T. Barnes endowed chair. Worked and saved all his life to be able to leave his beloved University a million dollars. Bachelor uncle who helped his siblings out his whole life and had three of his nephews graduate from UF. And when the the donation phone calls come, I just tell them they have a million of my bucks already. That elicits a thank you and good bye.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I wish I could reply to this post with multiple points to invalidate the message but unfortunately nearly all the evidence I find seems to support this position versus disproving it.
Given the current state of college football and the rapid changes occurring, many of us may not care about it anymore in a few more years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yes...Much more civilized, a gentleman's game......
ryder cup wow GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator