Gator Baseball Why not blow up McKethan this year?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Why don’t u do that so u can get ur rocks off . Sounds like u enjoy baseball GATORS getting crushed
I take a loss in any GATOR sport harder than any fan I know. I just find it interesting that you care about baseball so much that two of our most hated rivals score is more important to you than GATOR football or the overall health of our athletic department.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
I take a loss in any GATOR sport harder than any fan I know. I just find it interesting that you care about baseball so much that two of our most hated rivals score is more important to you than GATOR football or the overall health of our athletic department.
The game was on TV.. we were talking baseball. I thought I would throw that out there because I know nobody would be watching but me. It was more for fun than anything else . Why don’t you lighten up. You make no sense whatsoever.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
$145M on Baseball, Basketball and Softball while the sport that draws 95%+ of all the fans and brings in all the revenue continues to wait. Frustrating beyond belief.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The game was on TV.. we were talking baseball. I thought I would throw that out there because I know nobody would be watching but me. It was more for fun than anything else . Why don’t you lighten up. You make no sense whatsoever.
What makes no sense is remodeling the baseball stadium twice just to tear it down, with zero upgrades to football. Tearing down a perfectly fine softball stadium, with no upgrades to football. Starting a lacrosse program despite there not being a single school in the conference playing the game, with no upgrades to football. Not to mention spending 50 million on the odome, which I had no problems attending games in. All while not giving our football players and coaches the resources they need to succeed.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
What makes no sense is remodeling the baseball stadium twice just to tear it down, with zero upgrades to football. Tearing down a perfectly fine softball stadium, with no upgrades to football. Starting a lacrosse program despite there not being a single school in the conference playing the game, with no upgrades to football. Not to mention spending 50 million on the odome, which I had no problems attending games in. All while not giving our football players and coaches the resources they need to succeed.
Vanderbilt has a lacrosse team. Just sayin'!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Football does not create all the revenues. I see those minor sports on the SEC network all the time. Now of course the surplus does come from football to cover the deficit that they others might have. We are supposed to be Gators, not investors in a corporation. So we don't get rid of product lines that are not surplus generating because it is not to be about that. Every sport should have what it needs, EVERY ONE!!!

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Go Gata

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Football does not create all the revenues. I see those minor sports on the SEC network all the time. Now of course the surplus does come from football to cover the deficit that they others might have. We are supposed to be Gators, not investors in a corporation. So we don't get rid of product lines that are not surplus generating because it is not to be about that. Every sport should have what it needs, EVERY ONE!!!
Football created the need for the network. The other sports fill the gaps left by the football schedule. Additionally, the SEC gets to capitalize on the exposure generated. It’s a win win for all - just don’t fool yourself into believing that those sports are what generated that revenue stream.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I still vote to blow up McKethan now.
Football should have never been put in the position to have to wait. They essentially gave football no choice. Fckin baseball can play at Buchholz HS while they wait for their pink elephant to be built. And they should bow down to the football gods everyday in thanks that they are getting a brand new stadium.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still vote to blow up McKethan now.
Football should have never been put in the position to have to wait. They essentially gave football no choice. Fckin baseball can play at Buchholz HS while they wait for their pink elephant to be built. And they should bow down to the football gods everyday in thanks that they are getting a brand new stadium.
At the end of the day, aren't the football and baseball gods the same people?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Football created the need for the network. The other sports fill the gaps left by the football schedule. Additionally, the SEC gets to capitalize on the exposure generated. It’s a win win for all - just don’t fool yourself into believing that those sports are what generated that revenue stream.

Don't fool yourself that the revenue stream would be the same without them. If it would nobody would be spending the money to televise them. The revenue stream is more than ticket sales as you might be indicating. Like I insist, sports at UF are not about money, they are about Gators.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
For the 2018 athletic year the UAA had $120,267, 106 in total revenue and $111, 007,311 in expenses. 57% of the revenue was from football, 24% from royalties & sponsorships, 7% from Men's basketball, 3% from nonoperating revenues (whatever that is), 2% from student fees, 1% from other sports, 1% from camps, and 5% from other sources. On the expenditure side, 22% went to football, 23% to administrative services, 4% to Men's basketball, 14% to other sports, 6% to nonoperating expenses, 14% to support services, 9% to scholarships, 6% to depreciation, and 2% to camps and auxillaries. Make of that information what you will, but it seems to me Gator nation is doing quite well, making a profit and remains the most consistently successful athletic programin the country.
http://www.fa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/ga/2018_University_Athletic_Assoc_Audited_FS.pdf

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
There is such an easy solution that it's comical. They could build enough of the baseball stadium to be able to play in it in 2020. Just build the field, stands, and locker rooms. The offices can be housed in trailers for one year. All the other bells & whistles of the stadium could be added after the 2020 season. If they did this, they could tear down McKethan this summer & start building the football facility a year sooner.

Why don't they do this? Probably because they need another year of fundraising.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
For the 2018 athletic year the UAA had $120,267, 106 in total revenue and $111, 007,311 in expenses. 57% of the revenue was from football, 24% from royalties & sponsorships, 7% from Men's basketball, 3% from nonoperating revenues (whatever that is), 2% from student fees, 1% from other sports, 1% from camps, and 5% from other sources. On the expenditure side, 22% went to football, 23% to administrative services, 4% to Men's basketball, 14% to other sports, 6% to nonoperating expenses, 14% to support services, 9% to scholarships, 6% to depreciation, and 2% to camps and auxillaries. Make of that information what you will, but it seems to me Gator nation is doing quite well, making a profit and remains the most consistently successful athletic programin the country.
http://www.fa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/ga/2018_University_Athletic_Assoc_Audited_FS.pdf

There is no "profit" there might be a "surplus". And a cash flow statement would be a better measure. Capital expenditures are not in the income / expense report.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There is such an easy solution that it's comical. They could build enough of the baseball stadium to be able to play in it in 2020. Just build the field, stands, and locker rooms. The offices can be housed in trailers for one year. All the other bells & whistles of the stadium could be added after the 2020 season. If they did this, they could tear down McKethan this summer & start building the football facility a year sooner.

Why don't they do this? Probably because they need another year of fundraising.

We are required to have facilities for both the other team and to support televising the games. Now they might be able to move it up as you indicate, but it would not be that easy.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
This might be the dumbest post of all time.

ALL of the money generated to support rarely attended and supported NCAA sports is because of mens football.

Do I need to post the money generated by football versus the remaining sports?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
We are required to have facilities for both the other team and to support televising the games. Now they might be able to move it up as you indicate, but it would not be that easy.
I said to build the locker rooms (one would be for the other team). How long does it take to setup camera mounts & cameras?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I said to build the locker rooms (one would be for the other team). How long does it take to setup camera mounts & cameras?

Longer than you might imagine, and what about the announcers? Just saying it is not as easy as you might think, and of course is not happening anyhow.

I did think your idea of moving it up had merit, so there is that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.