Why play LSU?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I think that is the dumbest thing that I've read on this board to date. smh...
You're like that guy that fked up a trip to the WS for the Cubs by reaching out over the stadium wall. All you have to do in sit in your seat, drink a bear and have a brat and let those who know how to play the game.....play, or in this case.... state the obvious. All of those reasons were spot freaking on.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Spectacular stadium though. I've never actually been to prison, but between the facilities at Legion, and the pristine surroundings of Birmingham, I feel like I took the field trip.

*btw, make a derogatory comment about the Vet and you and I will have words.
That's what they were really talking about in that song "Birmingham Jail". Remember the movie Stir Crazy?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Because we can't go on the attack against a Covid depleted Nolie team, accusing them of of being cowards, and then come up with excuses for wimping out on a game against LSU?

I don’t entirely disagree with you and want the game to be played. But if, by chance, we did not play LSU next week, it really wouldn’t be anything like the noles dodging Clemson based on a technicality. They knew they were going to get bludgeoned and took the out. If next week’s game becomes a meaningless, rescheduled contest, especially against an opponent that we’d be favored to beat significantly, and it’s decided that it would be better to not play, I’m fine with that. If both us and the Tide are playing, I’m good. If it’s just us, and again, assuming we win Saturday, that’s a different story.

Ultimately, I don’t think it is even going to be up to us. I think the SEC may determine things. As long as it’s consistent across the board, I’m fine with whatever.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
@Nalt

You're a 'Bama fan so I get it.

Since 1990, Florida is usually the most penalized team in the SEC. This has held true over many different coaching staffs. 'Bama is consistently the least penalized team in the SEC, again this hold true over many different coaching staffs. Why doesn't this balance out over time as relative on-field success and coaching staffs change?

Everybody was cheating in the 80's. Only Florida had an SEC title stripped and nearly got the death penalty. 'Bama was paying players and got a stern talking to (again, and again, and again).

The SEC is based in Birmingham.

Birmingham.

C'mon man.

DelayedIckyAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

ShamefulHollowCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Cwr-zvQVQAABGNo.jpg

I will also add that Auburn has a lucky horseshoe shoved up its ass. I've never seen more weird bad calls snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for any team more than Auburn. It happens with uncanny regularity.

Alex.

If we play Bama, we desperately need these clips in the game thread.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You're like that guy that fked up a trip to the WS for the Cubs by reaching out over the stadium wall. All you have to do in sit in your seat, drink a bear and have a brat and let those who know how to play the game.....play, or in this case.... state the obvious. All of those reasons were spot freaking on.
You do you, but me- I don't mess with guys who can drink a bear.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nalt being a Bama fan is something I forgot. He's now looking at a lifetime ban.

Nalt's good people. Sometimes he misses the joke, but he's good people.

In the chat box one time, he made fun of Dabo for having a strange name. I told him that was ironic coming from a dude named Nalt. He patiently explained to me that Nalt was just his screen name, not his real name :lol:

He's a good addition to the board. I'm glad he joined us.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

In the chat box one time, he made fun of Dabo for having a strange name. I told him that was ironic coming from a dude named Nalt. He patiently explained to me that Nalt was just his screen name, not his real name :lol:

Alex.
This seals it. He's gone.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose to Bama, it’s the Peach Bowl against Cincinnati most likely. I would think the Cotton and Orange would invite the Dwags or Jimbo to play the Canes or OU.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If we lose to Bama, it’s the Peach Bowl against Cincinnati most likely. I would think the Cotton and Orange would invite the Dwags or Jimbo to play the Canes or OU.

Doubtful. We lose to Bama, Orange is salivating taking Canes vs Us. Local draw with ease to sell tickets

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

With COVID-19, the focus will be on TV ratings, not fans in the stands. Miami is more attractive this year than most years. Their fans don't travel but this is the one year they can probably sell out their ticket allotment. You don't have to have Florida in the game to fill up the Orange, Citrus, Outback, or Gator bowl. You don't need a Texas team or Oklahoma to fill the Cotton.

The conference tries to "protect" the loser of the conference championship game despite the extra loss. They don't want the SEC Championship Game loser punished in favor of a team that didn't have to play that game.

If we lose to 'Bama, I could see aTm getting a Cotton Bowl bid but I also think we'll get into a NY6 bowl.

Ehh, it's 2020, who the fcuk knows. We could end up playing rugby against the Houston Astros in Wembley Stadium and it shouldn't surprise anybody.

Alex.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
With COVID-19, the focus will be on TV ratings, not fans in the stands. Miami is more attractive this year than most years. Their fans don't travel but this is the one year they can probably sell out their ticket allotment. You don't have to have Florida in the game to fill up the Orange, Citrus, Outback, or Gator bowl. You don't need a Texas team or Oklahoma to fill the Cotton.

The conference tries to "protect" the loser of the conference championship game despite the extra loss. They don't want the SEC Championship Game loser punished in favor of a team that didn't have to play that game.

If we lose to 'Bama, I could see aTm getting a Cotton Bowl bid but I also think we'll get into a NY6 bowl.

Ehh, it's 2020, who the fcuk knows. We could end up playing rugby against the Houston Astros in Wembley Stadium and it shouldn't surprise anybody.

Alex.

Cotton: A&M
Peach: Georgia
Orange: Florida

I feel like these are pretty much guaranteed to happen unless one of the three teams drops a game this weekend or next.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Because we aren't the ACC, protecting pseudo-member ND and Tater.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.
the irony is thick!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Alex.

Anywhere else, I’d like our chances. But have we ever won a game at Wembley?

I don’t like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.