Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
NeverGiveUp.jpg

I do admire these guys though.
Love that image! I actually saw this with a great blue heron and a puffer fish. Every time the GBH tried to swallow him he inflated. When the GBH quit, he deflated. When I finally left, the fish had not been swallowed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Love that image! I actually saw this with a great blue heron and a puffer fish. Every time the GBH tried to swallow him he inflated. When the GBH quit, he deflated. When I finally left, the fish had not been swallowed.

It took awhile but they finally aired out their differences over the menu.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The polls? You mean those online ones from places like saturdaydownsouth that anyone, including rival fans, can vote on? Not exactly accurate.

Matter of fact, that's how you really know if you have a good coach. Ask any of our rivals whether or not they like him or if he should be fired. If the answer isnt "hell no" and "I hope that punk gets canned" then he's not getting it done. I dont know a single rival fan that even gives mac a second thought, let alone wishes he weren't the HC.

Oh, and Ive been seeing a lot of articles heavily critical of mac and his staff as well. I saw 3 just today. One on SDS, one on ESPN and one of another SEC site. I'm still waiting for a piece praising him, and finding one from bianchi doesn't count. All that tool ever does is play contrarian to the fan base b/c he likes to piss off the fans. The fact that he is wagging his fingers at fans for being hard on good ol mac recently is even MORE proof that mac sucks.

As far as overcoming obstacles and winning close games. He's won close games against absolute trash teams. And against good teams weve been beaten by double digits almost every time. He's averaging 4 losses a year so far, and only 1 wasnt by double digits. He's also lost by more than 14 points in 6 of those 9 losses. You know the reason noone cares that he wins close games? Because fans know we shouldnt be in close games against vandy, against kentucky, against freaking FAU just like they know we shouldnt be getting blown out by fsu, michigan, and arkansas.

With all due respect, I think you are completely delusional about not only the state of the football program, but also the state of the fan base.
Delusional? I have conceded that Mac has not gotten it done. Must one stand on a soap box and beat one's breast to be non-delusional? Perhaps you prefer the Soviet style "confessions"? Apparently you already follow the Soviet practice of labeling dissenters as insane. Should I expect the boys with white coats to come for me?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Delusional? I have conceded that Mac has not gotten it done. Must one stand on a soap box and beat one's breast to be non-delusional? Perhaps you prefer the Soviet style "confessions"? Apparently you already follow the Soviet practice of labeling dissenters as insane. Should I expect the boys with white coats to come for me?
I dunno, you started this thread on the premise of wanting to silence folks, even if what they said is correct. So you tell me Vlad.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
All fans gripe about their team when they are performing badly; many, like bammers, do so even when they are owning everyone. And it certainly doesn't solidify job security for the coach as you argued earlier.

Yes we griped constantly when a Spurrier team when to went to UAL and tried to kick away a game. Fans of excellent programs still complain about play they find lacking. When Meyer essentially ran out the clock at SoCar against Spurrier in a long 4th quarter scoring drive WHEN BEHIND BY TWO SCORES, UF fans complained about that. Good football coaches also complain to their teams even after wins.

Excellence is built on insecurity and striving. Complacency when you could be excellent gives you a so so program.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I dunno, you started this thread on the premise of wanting to silence folks, even if what they said is correct. So you tell me Vlad.
That simply isn't true. As the original post clearly said, I merely suggested that there were other than the continual mindless bashing that might be more effective and reflect better on UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator