Why was Trask playing so late in the game?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was more concerned w/ seeing other starters still in the game so late, but honestly we don't have a lot of depth at certain positions. I wanted to see more of the younger OLs, but you can't put them in w/ your starting QB still in the game, so I get that. It was good to see us blowout a team we were supposed to blowout though.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I lived in the Nashville area for 23 years and came to despise Vandy fans almost as much as I do the morons in Knoxville. They are a bunch of pissy, snot-nosed titty babies who kid themselves about being an SEC caliber program and then help themselves to unearned millions at the expense of the rest of the league. The actual "merits" of the OP's concerns aside, I'm glad we ran it up on those little schitt weasels. Phukk 'em, and their ***hole coach.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I was more concerned w/ seeing other starters still in the game so late, but honestly we don't have a lot of depth at certain positions. I wanted to see more of the younger OLs, but you can't put them in w/ your starting QB still in the game, so I get that. It was good to see us blowout a team we were supposed to blowout though.
What are we saving the starters for?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just to piss you off.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Ok, I'll educate you. These are the types of games that allow you to build depth. It allows your young talent to get into a real football game, in front of a real crowd, against a real opponent. I know you're comment is based on 'we have nothing to play for', but that's not true either. If one or two key players, especially two OL's goes down, we aren't beating Missouri (we're 2-4 vs. them since they joined the SEC, btw). Also, winning out, believe it or not very likely helps us in recruiting - not just this class, but the next class (they want to see a winner). Sure, we can joke all we want about this or that, but playing young guys in blowouts is part of development. Butters and Muschamp have us going to overtime vs. a team like 2019 Vandy (which means no younger talent gets to play). I still think you're just f*cking w/ me....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ok, I'll educate you. These are the types of games that allow you to build depth. It allows your young talent to get into a real football game, in front of a real crowd, against a real opponent. I know you're comment is based on 'we have nothing to play for', but that's not true either. If one or two key players, especially two OL's goes down, we aren't beating Missouri (we're 2-4 vs. them since they joined the SEC, btw). Also, winning out, believe it or not very likely helps us in recruiting - not just this class, but the next class (they want to see a winner). Sure, we can joke all we want about this or that, but playing young guys in blowouts is part of development. Butters and Muschamp have us going to overtime vs. a team like 2019 Vandy (which means no younger talent gets to play). I still think you're just f*cking w/ me....
TLDR
You wanna get the walkons experience?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Facepalm all you want. We aren't playing for anything and have two cupcakes ahead of us.
And since you seem to need educating yourself, they were in because Mullen, as he said himself, wanted to make a statement.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we should have went with Emory at halftime. Vandy wasn't going to score on us and I thought it would have been good for him to get some time with the 1st tean O.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I guess the Head Coach felt that it was best for team morale to destroy another opponent, to leave no question that we are a very high level outfit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I thought we should have went with Emory at halftime. Vandy wasn't going to score on us and I thought it would have been good for him to get some time with the 1st tean O.
I kinda agree....EJ really hasn't looked very comfortable in the series he's gotten over the last month and I think it's time to figure out if he's gonna be a significant player in the future for us or not....It's almost a certainty 1 of the QB 's will transfer before next season. Lets see what he's made of if we get up by more than 3 TD's in the remaining games....

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Maybe you should write Dan a letter

I did. I sent a scathing one. He replied (computer generated signature so probably a staffer). Told me he appreciated my concerns, appreciated me being a loyal Gator fan, thanked me for my input and putting forth the time to write, etc. He enclosed a couple of Gator hats, a few t-shirts, a kick-azz sweatshirt, a Gator Yeti tumbler/coffee mug and a sweet picture of The Swamp that he autographed. It was an awesome care package! I was like damn, Mullen’s a good dude and I started thinking he’s gonna do well here. I had to stop posting critical remarks about him after that arrived at my front door.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did. I sent a scathing one. He replied (computer generated signature so probably a staffer). Told me he appreciated my concerns, appreciated me being a loyal Gator fan, thanked me for my input and putting forth the time to write, etc. He enclosed a couple of Gator hats, a few t-shirts, a kick-azz sweatshirt, a Gator Yeti tumbler/coffee mug and a sweet picture of The Swamp that he autographed. It was an awesome care package! I was like damn, Mullen’s a good dude and I started thinking he’s gonna do well here. I had to stop posting critical remarks about him after that arrived at my front door.
:lol:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I think Mullen was still hot over the game in Nashville last year. I was there - a bizarre scene when Mason and some Vandy coaches (probably trying to catch Mason) came rushing across the field apparently to attack the Gator coaches? Can't remember what for it was a totally unexpected loss of control from the Vandy coach. Gator assistants were charging onto the field as well to meet him; refs going apesh!t trying to regain control. So today Mullen jammed another TD up his chute in the closing minute and called a timeout with seconds to go and a 56-0 lead.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think Mullen was still hot over the game in Nashville last year. I was there - a bizarre scene when Mason and some Vandy coaches (probably trying to catch Mason) came rushing across the field apparently to attack the Gator coaches? Can't remember what for it was a totally unexpected loss of control from the Vandy coach. Gator assistants were charging onto the field as well to meet him; refs going apesh!t trying to regain control. So Mullen jammed another TD up his chute in the closing minute and called a timeout with seconds to go and a 56-0 lead.
Yeah. In the wrestling biz they call this a receipt. If you injure someone in a match, the next time you two are in the ring together expect something to snap or a tooth to get knocked out (back in the days of Dusty and Flair)

Mullen needs to hold this kind of animosity towards Georgia though, and not some 2 win bottom feeder in Vandy.

Either way I’ll take 56-0 wins any day of the week

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen was still hot over the game in Nashville last year. I was there - a bizarre scene when Mason and some Vandy coaches (probably trying to catch Mason) came rushing across the field apparently to attack the Gator coaches? Can't remember what for it was a totally unexpected loss of control from the Vandy coach. Gator assistants were charging onto the field as well to meet him; refs going apesh!t trying to regain control. So today Mullen jammed another TD up his chute in the closing minute and called a timeout with seconds to go and a 56-0 lead.
He deserved all of that and more. Very unprofessional behavior and could've easily resulted in players throwing punches, or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.