Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296956 said:
Oh I don't think there is a cover up. Now that you mention it, I guess I wonder if the first one was UAA administered and the second by the NCAA, I have no idea, but I suppose that could explain why no games are at risk. I guess that conflicts with what coach mac said about not knowing until Sunday. Hard to believe the school would know he failed a test 2 weeks prior and coach Mac wouldn't. I guess I'm wondering Edgar Thompson is indeed correct in his article.

From what I gathered on the NCAA site, the UAA and the NCAA work together for testing. The NCAA provides a list to each UAA every week that has random names on it. All tests are arranged by the UAA but performed by a NCAA rep and the athlete it not allowed to leave the room until the pee cup is filled. The only time its not random is before and after Championship games where they test "I believe" the entire team.

In the event there is a failure, the UAA is notified a player failed the test and they have to be taken to an NCAA testing facility. If the second is positive again, the player is immediately suspended a year the second the player and UAA are notified.

I could not find a time frame on the results but in recalling when I had to pee in cups for work, it was 3-5 days. So yea, he was likely tested before Ole Miss, informed he failed before Mizzou, failed the second one before and notified on Sunday. Not sure what Macs knowledge was but if they were truly concerned, I think we would have seen more Treon than we did.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mr2Bits;n296966 said:
From what I gathered on the NCAA site, the UAA and the NCAA work together for testing. The NCAA provides a list to each UAA every week that has random names on it. All tests are arranged by the UAA but performed by a NCAA rep and the athlete it not allowed to leave the room until the pee cup is filled. The only time its not random is before and after Championship games where they test "I believe" the entire team.

In the event there is a failure, the UAA is notified a player failed the test and they have to be taken to an NCAA testing facility. If the second is positive again, the player is immediately suspended a year the second the player and UAA are notified.

I could not find a time frame on the results but in recalling when I had to pee in cups for work, it was 3-5 days. So yea, he was likely tested before Ole Miss, informed he failed before Mizzou, failed the second one before and notified on Sunday. Not sure what Macs knowledge was but if they were truly concerned, I think we would have seen more Treon than we did.

Your last paragraph sounds like a reasonable time frame and explains why no games would be at risk.

Though even under that time frame, how could coach not have been informed? Are they not at liberty to inform the school/coaching staff of the first failed test?

Though coach wasn't specific on what he found out sunday, could have been when he was informed of the suspension, and perhaps he knew the testing was occurring.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Not to fan the flames of validation for the conspiracy theory that UF is complicit but...

perhaps this (staff's knowledge of impending 2nd test results) is why Coach Mac has been hesitant to name Grier the all-time starter even though he throws a better deep ball, has the stronger arm, is taller, and not a mental midget. :dunno:

:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is when I close my eyes now, I can't help seeing beautiful spiral completions in perfect WR-strides. Am I
going to see that vs LSU ... or other teams ?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not to fan the flames but I think I'll just go ahead and fan the hell out of the flames.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Law98gator;n296565 said:
Good move, but go shut the door behind you. Lboy has snuck out already. Imagine if you let PIF or Reverse Cowboy out?

200.gif

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Back to a question I have: Is this the first test for PED's for Grier since he's been here, or has he been tested all along?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this has been covered... But I have never heard of this happening before. How often does a collegiate player fail one of these tests?

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
bradgator2;n297049 said:
Maybe this has been covered... But I have never heard of this happening before. How often does a collegiate player fail one of these tests?

See: Grow, Monty

IIRC - that was also over-the-counter supplements (Hot Stuff?)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n297105 said:
See: Grow, Monty

IIRC - that was also over-the-counter supplements (Hot Stuff?)

so 2 people in all of college sports?

Somebody told me about a UGA olineman who had a steroid injection in high school for a shoulder injury... and got "busted" by the NCAA in college. So 3 guys?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The whole scene is weird. We still don't even know the actual product I guess and affirm this non-prescription demon of a substance?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n297049 said:

It happens, but it's rarely a high-profile person like Grier. The NCAA mandated drug tests are EXPENSIVE, and they only do a handful of random players, so the odds of testing someone positive aren't high to begin with. The drug tests you always hear about kids failing are the ones administered by the schools.

If Will was in fact intentionally taking the supplements and knew they were illegal, chances are he was just rolling the dice and didn't think he would get tested. I said this in the box yesterday, but in five years of college ball, I was tested exactly once, and it was immediately following my second to last game my senior year. I could have juiced all I wanted up until that point and not gotten caught.

And another thing, people keep citing his weight gain. While a 45 pound increase in weight in a year's time is definitely a big jump, I gained 30 pounds from the end of my senior HS football season to the beginning of my freshman college season. And that was without supplements, without a training staff molding a diet for me, and without the type of weight room equipment and technology these guys have at UF. If you have a thin frame like he does, it's easy to put the weight on. Very easy.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
bradgator2;n297113 said:
so 2 people in all of college sports?

Somebody told me about a UGA olineman who had a steroid injection in high school for a shoulder injury... and got "busted" by the NCAA in college. So 3 guys?

I guess this is what I find odd about this. It seems like I never hear about this. Either this is very unfair, Grier is very unluckly, or Grier is exceedingly stupid. Perhaps all of the above.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n297161 said:
It happens, but it's rarely a high-profile person like Grier. The NCAA mandated drug tests are EXPENSIVE, and they only do a handful of random players, so the odds of testing someone positive aren't high to begin with. The drug tests you always hear about kids failing are the ones administered by the schools.

If Will was in fact intentionally taking the supplements and knew they were illegal, chances are he was just rolling the dice and didn't think he would get tested. I said this in the box yesterday, but in five years of college ball, I was tested exactly once, and it was immediately following my second to last game my senior year. I could have juiced all I wanted up until that point and not gotten caught.

And another thing, people keep citing his weight gain. While a 45 pound increase in weight in a year's time is definitely a big jump, I gained 30 pounds from the end of my senior HS football season to the beginning of my freshman college season. And that was without supplements, without a training staff molding a diet for me, and without the type of weight room equipment and technology these guys have at UF. If you have a thin frame like he does, it's easy to put the weight on. Very easy.

So, what are the chances he was snitched on? I agree with you on the weight gain as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.