Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n296571 said:
Some of you guys put waaaaaaay too much effort into a message board.

LA, you've been around a while, and I like you bro. :fistbump: However I truly don't remember a single post of yours. Do you memorize everyone's posts?
I don't know, I'm pretty pissed because of losing our guy so maybe I was missing something. Bottom line is I assume most football players juice and don't see it as a mortal sin.

Anyway, I think Harris has a chance to be pretty serviceable in Mac's offense.

Time for :swampqueen: Cheers.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Swamped Gator;n296594 said:
The VolNation thread is very very very entertaining. They are still pretty delusional.

It was very comical. Every time one of their fans with common sense came on they got skewered.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still not buying this, "he didn't know" and "he's just a kid that made a mistake". He plays football at a Top 5 school in the country. With all the education, personnel, support staff and trainers you can't tell me a guy, specifically a 5*, #1 rates QB in the country, who has a father who coached him, just decides to take a OTC substance for S&Gs and not read the label.

I think ink a lot of you are wearing O&B glasses and want to bury your head in the sand while the rest of the country now frowns upon our team and wonders how many other players are juicing.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just know I don't have all the information and I certainly don't have control of anything that's happening. So there.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The tests were taken two weeks ago. That was before the
flu breakout. Wonder what OTC supplement it was. Surely
it will be known eventually. I think that would help the
situation.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n296636 said:
The tests were taken two weeks ago. That was before the
flu breakout. Wonder what OTC supplement it was. Surely
it will be known eventually. I think that would help the
situation.

Haven't seen anything one when those were taken, where did you hear that?

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
It's not like he stole crab claws or raped anybody...you don't miss any time for that kind stuff. Might has well be vulgar at the Student Union and celebrate life!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;296605 said:
I'm still not buying this, "he didn't know" and "he's just a kid that made a mistake". He plays football at a Top 5 school in the country. With all the education, personnel, support staff and trainers you can't tell me a guy, specifically a 5*, #1 rates QB in the country, who has a father who coached him, just decides to take a OTC substance for S&Gs and not read the label.

I think ink a lot of you are wearing O&B glasses and want to bury your head in the sand while the rest of the country now frowns upon our team and wonders how many other players are juicing.

While I agree that he knew, he wasn't juicing. It wasn't steroids.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n296533 said:
You're either blind, stupid or both. Please do a search of Treon or Harris and tell me the idiot class on this board in the past weeks have had NOTHING good to say about Treon, a kid that went 4-2 last year with Will Freaking Muschamp as coach! Oh, and I don't appreciate the mental midget comment.

KC, you were on record as recent as the week of the ut game saying that it was time for Treon to transfer, and (IIRC) calling him some name for making a very selfish, deliberate mistake. The fact is most here simply saw more upside in Grier and felt he should be our starter. The stats and flow of the game supported that assertion. Then of course he has the big moments against the vols and OM and even the most adamant TH supporters, including yourself, changed their tune. You might have seen a few uncalled for shots here and there. But I'd venture to say 90%+ of this board just wants to win, and that comes from leadership. Having 3 instances of either legal speculation, drug test failures, or bonehead decisions--all in roughly 15 months--does not indicate someone ready for that role. That said, most here--obviously not you--hoped he'd stay and get his act together since we may still need him. Obviously that's the case and hopefully his issues are behind him and he rallies the troops from here. But again, to paint a picture of a board largely against TH himself is incorrect.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n296605 said:
Why waste time even worrying about something like this? What's done is done, we can't control what the perception to the rest of the country is. Frankly I don't care. Let them frown their asses off while we keep winning.

I seriously doubt Grier was taking this supplement to get some kind of competitive edge over people on the field - I'm sure he was taking it because he couldn't gain weight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n296563 said:
Has anyone even seen Treon's stats? He is like 3'11" and has a brain like Jeff Driskel. Surely hecan't complete more than 10% of our passes with all those incredible impairments.
Just looked it up. Amazingly he is completing 70% of his passes. I feel better now.

How does he even do that when he is a midget born without a right arm and who is nearly as mentally challenged as Driskell?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n296669 said:
Just looked it up. Amazingly he is completing 70% of his passes. I feel better now.

How does he even do that when he is a midget born without a right arm and who is nearly as mentally challenged as Driskell?

giphy.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Law98gator;n296669 said:

He's obviously on PEDs as well.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
URGatorBait;296650 said:
Haven't seen anything one when those were taken, where did you hear that?

I am almost positive Coach Mac said it in his press conference. Someone said it. When I heard it said I questioned it being flu
related since it was two weeks before. I know I heard it said.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Most talking heads think we have zero chance of winning the appeal. I do feel if Treon Harris plays well then Grier is our back up for the next 2 years. No doubt in my mind.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n296677 said:
I am almost positive Coach Mac said it in his press conference. Someone said it. When I heard it said I questioned it being flu
related since it was two weeks before. I know I heard it said.

I watched it, and I'm pretty sure coach didn't say that, however I did miss the end of it, got a phone call.

Fever brought that up on here, but outside of him, I haven't seen anything like that. It's certainly possible I suppose, however if both tests were two weeks ago, I'm hard pressed to believe the NCAA wouldn't be trying to vacate the last two wins. Pretty much all sources are saying that no previous games are at risk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n296684 said:
No doubt in my mind.
That's good, I now feel better about the situation. You were the same guy that called Tebow the "biggest bust ever" after the Ole Miss game back in 2008, as I recall.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
T REX;n296684 said:
Most talking heads think we have zero chance of winning the appeal. I do feel if Treon Harris plays well then Grier is our back up for the next 2 years. No doubt in my mind.

Most talking heads picked us 5th in the East too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.