Will Grier, the legend

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two running backs and Baker Mayfield are going to be in New York. I wouldn’t put any of them in that category.

What's the date read on your calendar? Mine says Oct. 22.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's the date read on your calendar? Mine says Oct. 22.
Barring season ending injuries, the three of them are a lock for New York. After that maybe they’ll give Lamar Jackson a courtesy invite as last year’s recipient.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Barring season ending injuries, the three of them are a lock for New York. After that maybe they’ll give Lamar Jackson a courtesy invite as last year’s recipient.

Grier will have 47 touchdown passes by then. You'll be hearing plenty about him. So he doesn't get invited? The fact that he's included on a Heisman watch list (ESPN's) in his first season back juxtaposed against our woeful performance at the position is in and of itself a big story.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Heisman contender? Did he change his name to Barkley or Love or Mayfield? Hell, as of last week, Bovada didn’t even have him on the odds list, which had money lines as high as +15000. :lol2:

Heisman voters don’t respect system QBs on mediocre teams who pad their stats and manage to squeak by winless teams. Once again, Clint Trickett passed for 300 a game in this offense FFS.
Well look who finally pipes up after weeks avoiding this thread!

You're an idiot. His pinball-machine numbers are going to do nothing but continue to go up. He'll lead the nation in TD passes with ease.

I understand the jilted-lover butthurt, but it's no reason to suspend reality.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love how he was outperformed by Liberty’s QB against Baylor. Maybe he should be invited to New York, as well?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love how he was outperformed by Liberty’s QB against Baylor. Maybe he should be invited to New York, as well?
:butthurt:

Do you really not think he's a good QB? He has a total of 12 starts under his belt. You're the self-proclaimed football expert, please tell us what you think of Will Grier's abilities as a passer instead of being a whiny hater.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sas, just admit it. If Grier were still wearing a UF uni and putting up anywhere near the numbers he is, you'd be heading up his Heisman campaign. Why not just admit the obvious, that he's easily one of the top quarterbacks in the nation.

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-22%20at%203.03.20%20PM_zpstikb9xwu.png

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sas, just admit it. If Grier were still wearing a UF uni and putting up anywhere near the numbers he is, you'd be heading up his Heisman campaign. Why not just admit the obvious, that he's easily one of the top quarterbacks in the nation.

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-22%20at%203.03.20%20PM_zpstikb9xwu.png
A single 5th place vote! Give him the trophy!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's a better QB than Mayfield and Rudolph, and both of those guys are seniors.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:butthurt:

Do you really not think he's a good QB? He has a total of 12 starts under his belt. You're the self-proclaimed football expert, please tell us what you think of Will Grier's abilities as a passer instead of being a whiny hater.
He’s putting up big numbers in an offensive system that allowed Clint Trickett to do the same.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s putting up big numbers in an offensive system that allowed Clint Trickett to do the same.

So we should discount Wuerffel's Heisman because he was a system QB, too?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Barrett is ass also. Grier is far better.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if Grier doesn't win the Heisman, then there is nothing to talk about? Sheesh. The fact that this kid is playing for another team right now instead of the Gators is a travesty. He would have started 7-8 games for us last year had Mac kept him around, and we'd have practiced all spring and summer with him as the incumbent starter. There is no way we'd be in the pit we are in if he was taking the snaps here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He'd put up big numbers anywhere that had a semicompetent OC. It's not the same and you know it.

If those were the rules, no Big 12 QBs would ever be eligible. Big 12 QBs always get love.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This has become the ultimate beat-a-dead-horse thread, and yet it's cathartic in a way. I feel better each time I vent. I think I'll start one over my ex-wife and post it in the laundry room at home.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So if Grier doesn't win the Heisman, then there is nothing to talk about? Sheesh. The fact that this kid is playing for another team right now instead of the Gators is a travesty. He would have started 7-8 games for us last year had Mac kept him around, and we'd have practiced all spring and summer with him as the incumbent starter. There is no way we'd be in the pit we are in if he was taking the snaps here.
He has himself to thank for being the colossal dumbass who got himself popped for PEDs in college, which is practically unheard of.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has himself to thank for being the colossal dumbass who got himself popped for PEDs in college, which is practically unheard of.

And you never made a single mistake when you were 20. Got it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Lets kill him.

The penalty phase for that phuck up is long since past. He should still be here and he would be if Mac would have done what was necessary to keep him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Lets kill him.

The penalty phase for that phuck up is long since past. He should still be here and he would be if Mac would have done what was necessary to keep him.

Nonsense. It's principle that matters. He needed to go, Callaway needed to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator