Will Grier, the legend

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like to watch Grier and pretend he's in a Gator uni. Is that so wrong?

Could you please pretend Mac is in an Oregon State uni?

This has become the ultimate beat-a-dead-horse thread, and yet it's cathartic in a way. I feel better each time I vent. I think I'll start one over my ex-wife and post it in the laundry room at home.

.... 'cause she never went in there, huh '78?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He’s putting up big numbers in an offensive system that allowed Clint Trickett to do the same.
Not surprisingly, you didn't answer the question. Is he a good QB or not? Are you honestly trying to tell us that's he's no better than Clint Trickett?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And you never made a single mistake when you were 20. Got it.
Not any that got me suspended for a year and derailed an undefeated season. I also didn’t feel it necessary to take PEDs in the first place, so there’s that, too.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Lets kill him.

The penalty phase for that phuck up is long since past. He should still be here and he would be if Mac would have done what was necessary to keep him.
Mac isn’t the one who f*cked up. The onus was on Grier to clean up his own mess, and apparently he thought it’d be easier to run away. I feel zero sympathy or admiration for him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprisingly, you didn't answer the question. Is he a good QB or not? Are you honestly trying to tell us that's he's no better than Clint Trickett?
Would I be a great power hitter if when I was 20, I played in the Little League World Series and hit 10 home runs?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heisman contender? Did he change his name to Barkley or Love or Mayfield? Hell, as of last week, Bovada didn’t even have him on the odds list, which had money lines as high as +15000. :lol2:

Heisman voters don’t respect system QBs on mediocre teams who pad their stats and manage to squeak by winless teams. Once again, Clint Trickett passed for 300 a game in this offense FFS.

Not to mention, aren't Heisman candidates "supposed" to be model student athletes? I guess taking PEDs and getting suspended for a year counts as being a model student athlete. Well, I suppose it is when compared to hitting and raping women.:facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention, aren't Heisman candidates "supposed" to be model student athletes? I guess taking PEDs and getting suspended for a year counts as being a model student athlete. Well, I suppose it is when compared to hitting and raping women.:facepalm:
That whole aspect of the award is dead and gone. Bush, Newton, Manziel, Winston. :facepalm:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JFC who cares about the damn Heisman? The kid made a mistake and unless you think he should be burned at the stake for eternity, then its a shame that he couldn't have found his way back into cfb as a Gator. If its a he said/she said thing about whether Mac gave him the cold shoulder or if he just got uppity about it, well I haven't seen jack squat from Mac to make me believe his version.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not any that got me suspended for a year and derailed an undefeated season. I also didn’t feel it necessary to take PEDs in the first place, so there’s that, too.

If you've read the accounts, neither did Grier. Ligandrol wasn't even on the NCAA's banned list when he says he began taking it.

Of course, the counter will be it was something different, maybe worse. I look at his motives. He'd already gained the upper body he needed to play the position, he didn't need to willfully cheat. AND, he's a kid. He effed up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When I first arrived at Florida, I weighed 188 pounds at my first physical, and I weighed 210 when I started my redshirt freshman season. That's a weight gain of 22 pounds from January 2014 to September 2015. The story that I gained 40-something pounds just isn't true. It's laughable.

When I first met with the training staff at Florida and with Coach (Will) Muschamp, the idea was to put on smart weight and keep my athletic ability. I just wasn't physically ready for the pounding quarterbacks take at this level. So we decided I would redshirt and try to bulk up for 2015.

I wasn't eating anything special. My roommate (kicker Austin Hardin) and I were obsessive about eating healthy—you know, grilled chicken, vegetables and things like that. Lots of Gatorade protein drinks. I wasn't throwing down McDonald's.

Then Coach Muschamp gets fired and the new staff comes in, and we're basically on the same regimen. But because Austin and I were obsessed with eating healthy, we noticed that those Gatorade drinks are loaded with sugar and carbs. There's nothing wrong with them, but we didn't want that in our bodies.

So we went to a store in Gainesville called Total Nutrition and got some protein powder. We used that for a few months, and it seemed to work. I was putting on smart weight and was feeling healthier and more fit than I ever had. The third time we went in to buy the powder, in June 2015, the associate behind the counter, who knew us because we had been in there before, said, "You guys should try this." It was called Ligandrol.

He said it was a new thing that helped your muscles take in more protein and helped them recover faster. So we went home, and the first thing we did was look on the internet. We're not stupid; we wanted to look it up and make sure it was all clear. I looked at every NCAA site, and many other sites, to see if it was healthy for you. I wasn't going to put anything in my body that wasn't legal and wasn't healthy.

I checked each ingredient on the bottle to see if it was on the NCAA banned list. I did my research and was confident in it. What I didn't do is ask the trainers at Florida if it was cleared. I still don't know why I didn't. It's no one's fault but mine.

Ligandrol was not on the list of banned substances. But we came to find out—after our appeal to the NCAA—that it was added in August of that year. So I feel like I was given a year suspension for not telling the trainers what I was taking, and if I did tell them, they would've told me then that it wasn't on the list.

Editor's note: Ligandrol was not specifically named on any NCAA banned list until 2016-2017, but each year the NCAA's list of banned drugs clearly states, "Note to Student-Athletes: There is no complete list of banned substances. Do not rely on this list to rule out any supplement ingredient. Check with your athletics department staff prior to using a supplement." NCAA spokesman Chris Radford told Bleacher Report, "Ligandrol has never been allowed. Any substance that is chemically related to the anabolic agents class, even if it is not specifically listed as an example, is banned."

I was going through the season with no idea what could happen. Then in October, after I started and won five games, I was on the drug-test list. I had never been on the list before. They said I was randomly chosen.

image-802-large-2048.jpg

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-year-in-ped-purgatory/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
'78, you're wasting your time. We all know it. The ONLY reason he's down on Grier's abilities as a QB is because he's pissed at him for screwing up and leaving the program. It's 100% personal.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
...and the real kick in the nads is he "wanted" to play and develop his game here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me guess, you always believe the defendant in a trial?

Of course not. There was no trial in this case, best I recall. It's left to all of us to gather an opinion.

You remember the little guy who was with with me when I met you and Swamp Queen at your place of work outside Charlotte in 2010? Grier's the same age. He's just a kid. He effed up. He has less to gain by lying over this than a 50-something head coach trying to maintain his rep at a major D-1 program.

When did you stop believing in the player, Sas? You were always pro-player. You've suddenly become jaded.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ahem, the liberal mind believes in an agenda for others to follow.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
'78, you're wasting your time. We all know it. The ONLY reason he's down on Grier's abilities as a QB is because he's pissed at him for screwing up and leaving the program. It's 100% personal.
Or he’s playing in a system that has made horrible QBs look like All Americans and he’s putting up big numbers on teams like Baylor and Kansas. I’d say the same thing if he were any other slapdick system QB. He’s a modern Timmy Chang.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or he’s playing in a system that has made horrible QBs look like All Americans and he’s putting up big numbers on teams like Baylor and Kansas. I’d say the same thing if he were any other slapdick system QB. He’s a modern Timmy Chang.

That's such bullshyt, and you know it. How many times have you mocked the Big 12 over not playing defense, and yet you tacitly defend Mayfield at #3.

Man, you have a revisionist mind.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's such bullshyt, and you know it. How many time have you mocked the Big 12 over not playing defense, and yet you tacitly defend Mayfield at #3.

Man, you have a revisionist mind.
I wasn’t defending Mayfield, I simply said he’d be in New York. He was there last year, and he’s put up the numbers to get back. He won’t win it, though. Barkley’s almost a stone cold lock, followed by Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.