Will Jacksonville come back to bite UF or UGA in the butt one of these years?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The SEC right now is a boost for teams getting an at large berth into the playoffs. This may even be more important as the playoffs expand to 8 teams and there is more opportunity for conference teams who are not conference champs to get in.

But notice that during the four team playoffs the two non-conference champ non independent teams to get in were UAL and Ohio State. What they had in common those years is they did not get win their conference championship because they did not win their division due to losing a close game on the road.

If some year UF v. UGa loser is in position for an at large bid, they will have lost a neutral site game not a home game and their argument for a bid will be weaker than were the series home and home and the loser was the road team. Any worries here that this could be an issue in the future?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i had a really good holiday this year. got to go home and spend a full 2 weeks with my wife and kids. was just what the dr ordered and really allowed me to recharge the proverbial batteries.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Zero worries. If they expand the field to 8 teams, it will be strictly to reward the Power 5 conference champs. There is no way in HELL that if they meet to expand to 8 teams and then say that a Power 5 might be left out, all the AD's and Commissioners of the PAC,Big, etc. will get up and walk out. 2 conferences were left out this year and it could have been 3. So if you get the 5 champs regardless of record, it gives you 3 slots for the other teams, so I think there will be a clearer debate. There will always be a team left out that complains, but this rewards "champs" while also getting to see the big picture

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I doubt that the playoffs will be expanding any time soon. People complained this year that at least one team did not belong and it got some bad games. With 8 it would be even worse, and the wear and tear on players would be bad as well. I heard some proposing to go back to the old way of selecting just two teams to play.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
i had a really good holiday this year. got to go home and spend a full 2 weeks with my wife and kids. was just what the dr ordered and really allowed me to recharge the proverbial batteries.

Really glad to hear that you got 2 weeks. Do you go back now, and for how long?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
United Airlines (UAL) is one of my least favorite airlines, despite their solid international service. As an investment, though, UAL is outpacing the Nasdaq, which is positive.

UAL Interactive Chart | United Continental Holdings, In Stock - Yahoo Finance
i dislike american. their fleet is aging and their plane interiors seem a bit warn and weathered. they also dont have the modern features of delta nearly as often in their fleet - seatback screens, usb/ac charge ports, digital media options, etc.

but their stewardesses are still hot, while delta seems hell bent on gaying it up on damn near every flight.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone have any tips for mounting a TV on a stone fireplace? Should I remove the stone and mount to studs behind it or drill through the stones and then go through the studs?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I doubt that the playoffs will be expanding any time soon. People complained this year that at least one team did not belong and it got some bad games. With 8 it would be even worse, and the wear and tear on players would be bad as well. I heard some proposing to go back to the old way of selecting just two teams to play.

What will cause the playoffs to expand is power conference champions being left out year after year. Also as guys like Steele bolting the west coast for UF continues, the PAC 12 schools are NOT going to stand for being left out year after year.

Universities are finding out that only having 2 or 4 teams in upsets the balance of power among the power 5 conferences. I suspect that will be fixed quite soon with automatic qualifies too.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think better to be a neutral site game. Because if you lose at home it look bad. If we go 11-1 with our only lose being to UGA and they go 11-1 and lose to someone in the regular season then lose in SECCG they would have 2 losses. As long as the lose to them is not bad I think we get in. Now if it's a home lose to them and it not bad the committee might think differently.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, quit being obnoxious. Comment on the topic or stay out of the thread.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I'll comment. Its a stupid thing to be worried about. The end.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What will cause the playoffs to expand is power conference champions being left out year after year. Also as guys like Steele bolting the west coast for UF continues, the PAC 12 schools are NOT going to stand for being left out year after year.

Universities are finding out that only having 2 or 4 teams in upsets the balance of power among the power 5 conferences. I suspect that will be fixed quite soon with automatic qualifies too.

I might see it if somehow only conference champions were considered, I know lesser levels somehow make it work as well. How they include the traditional bowl locations in the system is another issue.

The pac 12 is desperate, I read they are thinking of taking on investors for 10%, they think that would be worth 500M. Pipe dream in my view.

Pac-12 may seek to raise $500 million by selling stake to private equity investors, report says

Part of the Pac-12 Conference could go up for sale and you could be an investor

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
Anyone have any tips for mounting a TV on a stone fireplace? Should I remove the stone and mount to studs behind it or drill through the stones and then go through the studs?

It will be a hassle to hide the attendant wiring as well. Sounds like stone removal and a channel towards the AV stuff should be included.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I wonder where these thoughts come from before people start threads. And who or what is UAL?

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Not to worry. Playoffs won't expand to eight.

Edit: And haven't been on an airplane since 1981...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator