Will Miami Hire Justin Fuente ?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
None of that can't happen in today's environment. Miami built its program by playing the easiest schedule in the country and then playing on January 1st in the Orange Bowl game against a Big 8 opponent who hadn't seen a forward pass all year. They recruited guys who no one else could take because of their criminal history, used steroids to pump up safeties into linebackers, turned the other way while players were committing crimes, and facilitated academic abuse and player payoffs. Society, the NCAA, and yes, even UM, have all put strict rules into place to prevent these types of abuses. Unless Miami gets really lucky, they are done being relevant.

I dont always agree with Patsy but when I do I give credit where credit is due. Well said my friend. :exactly:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Strong hadn't beaten OU, I'd say his days were numbered. I've read that the new AD is not a fan and will want to hire his own coach. Also, the boosters are not impressed with Strong. He won against OU so he'll probably have another year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G8RNTN;n303817 said:
Butch Jones wont get fired, unfortunately UT will prolly winout all they have left is teams with losing records.

Never underestimate the ineptness of Butch......Butch will Butch when UT least expects it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think SCUM will hire Butch Davis again.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n303867 said:
Never underestimate the ineptness of Butch......Butch will Butch when UT least expects it.

In another year or two.....I think they'll be expecting it. Seems to be one of those things they can count on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LOL.....

James Franklin says Miami speculation is 'distraction,' insists Penn State is 'where I want to be'
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State football coach James Franklin put a quick end to speculation about his potential interest in the Miami job.

Since Al Golden's firing on Sunday, Franklin's name has been floated as a candidate by several analysts. But during his weekly news conference Tuesday, Franklin was adamant he was happy in Happy Valley -- and he vehemently denied any interest in other jobs.

"First of all, let me say this," Franklin said, regarding his name as a candidate. "I don't like it. I don't like it. I think it causes a distraction for our team; I think it's a distraction for Penn State, and I have no idea where it's coming from whatsoever.

"My family has sacrificed. I've worked my ass off to get to Penn State, to get here, and this is where I want to be. We got a lot of work to do on the field. We got a lot of work to do off the field in every aspect, but this is where I want to be."

Golden was fired a day after Miami's 58-0 loss to Clemson on Saturday. That same day, Franklin's name popped up on several candidate lists. But Franklin has consistently said he hopes to remain at Penn State for quite a while.

On his first day on the job -- Jan. 11, 2014 -- Franklin said he planned to be at Penn State for a "very, very long time." And on Saturday, after a 31-30 win over Maryland, he again implied he wasn't going anywhere. When asked, he said he didn't plan to offer details on injuries at Penn State "for the next 35 years."

Franklin reiterated again Tuesday that remains the case, emphasizing he wasn't a big fan of the speculation.

"Stuff like that, I guess some people can look at as a compliment," he said. "I don't. My focus is 100 percent on Penn State."

First, I don't think he's a good coach. I believe Franklin will do well enough at PSU in the B10 to keep his job for 4-6 yrs before they get tired of mediocrity and/or find out he's got player problems (like the rape at Vandy under his watch). Second, WTH makes him, or anyone for that matter, think Miami would want him? This whole article screams "I AM NOT INTERESTED (yes I am). I LOVE PENN STATE (anyone have a better job I can jump to?). I WANT TO BE HERE FOREVER (what time is that bus leaving?)"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franklin is a hell of a coach. I don't think he would ever go to Miami but it would suck if he did.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
deuce;n303914 said:
I think SCUM will hire Butch Davis again.

I might have agreed before he openly lobbied for the position on the radio show Monday. There are a number of ways you can answer that question regarding your interest in the job without flat out saying you want it. That tells me he's been scratched off the potential list for some time, likely based on the way he left and the Unc trouble. Otherwise that type of talk is behind closed doors and/or through an agent. He came across as pathetic and desperate in an open setting.

It is miami though. So fallback options can get pretty bad.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think they hire Tubberville. Just a hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator