Will Muschamp in play at the University of Houston?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine Houston, a team always known for offense, hiring Muschamp? :lmao:

Meanwhile, multiple sources tell Football Rumor Mill that Muschamp is a candidate for The University of Houston job. The Cougars have a history of hiring offensive-minded coaches and most assumed they would follow the same path this time around. It now appears Houston is at least intrigued by Muschamp. Having coached at Texas, he has recruiting ties in the state and is certainly the biggest name the program could land.
http://footballrumormill.com/2014/12...muschamp-land/

It's always been my theory that Muschamp will take a head coaching job at a smaller school next year instead of being a DC again. That still might happen. It's obvious he's in no rush to make a decision, and I don't blame him. Wait and see what pops up.

Discuss.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
The better the Seahawks defense plays, the more Dan Quinn's name is mentioned as a possible head coaching candidate in the NFL. Not sure how close he and Muschamp were during his time as UF's DC but I wonder whether Quinn might hire him should he get a head coaching gig. There are only 32 of those jobs available and it seems that would be a more prestigious position than DC for a college team, even one in the SEC.

Agree with Ox that if WM takes a head coaching job it is more likely to be on the Houston level than Wisconsin/Nebraska level.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Good Luck to him if he does get hired... He tried his best, it just wasn't good enough here... No hard feelings

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he does good where ever he goes

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he would be better in the NFL than in college expecially at the coordinator level.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Who is this Muschamp you speak of?

Seriously though, I laugh when so many people keep saying "He'll be a great head coach one day." Same kind of stuff we heard about Zook when he got shown the door, ask Illinois how that worked out for them. Why on Earth would anybody think that Muschamp will be a great HC one day? Unlike Zook, I don't think the job was too big for him, I think he just displayed a startling lack of flexibility and just refused to accept reality that his style of ultra-conservative offense couldn't win in the SEC. He had to know it, he just refused to accept it. That is not a trait of a great HC in the making.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His two older brothers taught him well. Stick to your guns and never quit. Flexibility, not so much.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Never went out of my way to root for Zook, but I didn't go out of my way to root against him either. Same goes for Muschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129938 said:

Because I feel like I was part of the angry mob that ran him out of town

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't imagine any team not being able to find a better candidate. However, them hiring him and us not having to face his defense coupled with a good offense (atm, barn or spurcocks) would be nice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n129965 said:
Never went out of my way to root for Zook, but I didn't go out of my way to root against him either. Same goes for Muschamp.
Zook didn't destroy the program the way Mushchimp has.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator;n129973 said:
I can't imagine any team not being able to find a better candidate. However, them hiring him and us not having to face his defense coupled with a good offense (atm, barn or spurcocks) would be nice.

I mean, can you imagine the AD?

"Well, we have this guy Muschamp. He went to UF and set all sorts of all-time lows for the program....and barely had a winning record. Let's hire him!"

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see Muschamp at Houston or in the NFL instead of one of these coordinator jobs in the SEC. I don't like the idea of former coaches recruiting/playing against us. It already makes me uneasy with Spurrier and Meyer.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n129974 said:
Zook didn't destroy the program the way Mushchimp has.

I looked at the definitions for "destroy" and the only one that possibly fits is
"ruin (someone) emotionally or spiritually." So, you've grossly exaggerated. Coach Mac would think so, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n129994 said:
I looked at the definitions for "destroy" and the only one that possibly fits is
"ruin (someone) emotionally or spiritually." So, you've grossly exaggerated.
How is that exaggeration? I don't know a single Gator fan that wasn't ruined emotionally and spiritually by the Muschamp era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator