Will Muschamp in play at the University of Houston?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130390 said:
Still sucking that D I see. Embarrassing. Don't the other Muschimps live in Atlanta? :hmmmm:

And where the hell are you getting your numbers? You counting punters, long snappers or walkons? Here are the real numbers (with the link for proof):

2010 2 Meyer's disaster.
2011 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...011/florida-67
2012 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...012/florida-67
2013 5* (really only 3) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...013/florida-67
2014 6* (really 5) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...014/florida-67

Let's take a closer look:

2011- Tripp Thurman (4*) and Daz' project Tommy Jordan. It appears Chimp just stood pat with Creyer's class. (I doubt anyone but Daz was responsible for two kids from the northeast.) Jordan was hurt when we signed him and never played a play, I think. Chimp was certainly hamstrung by this being a transitional year. However if he had recognized the problem, especially given Creyer's whiff the year before, he could have at least looked for juco patches and more 2/3 star filler (preferably ones without back or shoulder issues) like Jordan to plug the holes. Apparently he believed Abowlverdi's predictions that we were going to land every 5 star.

2012- Dunker (4*) and Humphries (5*). Nice start. Why did he quit? Again, if he had realized the calamity he could have reached for more filler, at least, but he was clueless still. This, and missing on all the offensive playmakers, like Agholor, Diggs, and Mike Davis, was exactly why it was easy to predict Chimp was destined to fail... even when most of chided me for the prediction.

2013- Trent Brown (juco), Dillard, Octavius Jackson, Rod Johnson, Trevon Young. Well, at least this was a marginal class. Only four freshmen. Brown was a JUCO upperclassmen and everyone knew Trevon Young was a basketball player who probably would never play. He didn't make it through the first semester. Again, we really only signed 3 real freshman OL EVEN IN THIS CLASS. Chimp is a zombie at this point. Dead man walking. Rotting flesh falling off as he stumbled around.... even while some of you parroted what a great recruiter he was and how he was building a program.

2014- Dorsey, Harkless, Kelleher (4*), Andrew Mike, Sarvary (JUCO), Sharpe (4*). Finally, 5 freshman!!!!!!!! Wow! It only took 4 classes. Not really though because two were injured when we signed them. We probably SHOULD have been begging for 2-3 jucos in each class to make up for the past Chimp recruiting disasters. Just 1 Juco signed, and he was hurt. Oh well. That's what you get shopping in the seconds bin because no one anywhere wants to watch your brand of football much less play in it.

It should be noted by 2013 we were no longer getting 4 or 5 star players with regularity, and stealing or linemen from Vandy and Indiana.

It doesn't really matter whether he was apathetic toward the offense, stupidly unable to assess talent and predict commits and flips, or just unlucky. Hell, his recruiting at any other position other than CB and DE is basically the same song, different octave. Anyone who consistently signs 2-3 OL and 4-6 DBs deserves getting fired.

SEE YA Chimp!

I pulled my numbers from ESPN. I counted guys listed as OT or OG if they were true fresh or Juco. I didn't change or adjust numbers just reported them. I posted facts...you are adjusting them

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, can we lay all the Muschamp talk to rest now? He's now officially Gator Bait!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130390 said:
Originally posted by ATXGator View Post
OH... and regarding the falciy of Muschamp not recruiting OL...

2011 - 2 OL... this was his first class when he was in transition from Meyer and basically was trying to hold onto Meyer's class
2012 - 3 OL... certainly not enough
2013 - 6 OL ... this is the class where he really focused on OL
2014 - 6 OL...

2008 - 4 OL recruited by Meyer
2009 - 5 OL by Meyer
2010 - 2 OL by Meyer

Law98gator;n130390 said:
Still sucking that D I see. Embarrassing. Don't the other Muschimps live in Atlanta? :hmmmm:

And where the hell are you getting your numbers? You counting punters, long snappers or walkons? Here are the real numbers (with the link for proof):

2010 2 Meyer's disaster.
2011 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...011/florida-67
2012 2 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...012/florida-67
2013 5* (really only 3) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...013/florida-67
2014 6* (really 5) http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...014/florida-67

Let's take a closer look:

2011- Tripp Thurman (4*) and Daz' project Tommy Jordan. It appears Chimp just stood pat with Creyer's class. (I doubt anyone but Daz was responsible for two kids from the northeast.) Jordan was hurt when we signed him and never played a play, I think. Chimp was certainly hamstrung by this being a transitional year. However if he had recognized the problem, especially given Creyer's whiff the year before, he could have at least looked for juco patches and more 2/3 star filler (preferably ones without back or shoulder issues) like Jordan to plug the holes. Apparently he believed Abowlverdi's predictions that we were going to land every 5 star.

2012- Dunker (4*) and Humphries (5*). Nice start. Why did he quit? Again, if he had realized the calamity he could have reached for more filler, at least, but he was clueless still. This, and missing on all the offensive playmakers, like Agholor, Diggs, and Mike Davis, was exactly why it was easy to predict Chimp was destined to fail... even when most of chided me for the prediction.

2013- Trent Brown (juco), Dillard, Octavius Jackson, Rod Johnson, Trevon Young. Well, at least this was a marginal class. Only four freshmen. Brown was a JUCO upperclassmen and everyone knew Trevon Young was a basketball player who probably would never play. He didn't make it through the first semester. Again, we really only signed 3 real freshman OL EVEN IN THIS CLASS. Chimp is a zombie at this point. Dead man walking. Rotting flesh falling off as he stumbled around.... even while some of you parroted what a great recruiter he was and how he was building a program.

2014- Dorsey, Harkless, Kelleher (4*), Andrew Mike, Sarvary (JUCO), Sharpe (4*). Finally, 5 freshman!!!!!!!! Wow! It only took 4 classes. Not really though because two were injured when we signed them. We probably SHOULD have been begging for 2-3 jucos in each class to make up for the past Chimp recruiting disasters. Just 1 Juco signed, and he was hurt. Oh well. That's what you get shopping in the seconds bin because no one anywhere wants to watch your brand of football much less play in it.

It should be noted by 2013 we were no longer getting 4 or 5 star players with regularity, and stealing or linemen from Vandy and Indiana.

It doesn't really matter whether he was apathetic toward the offense, stupidly unable to assess talent and predict commits and flips, or just unlucky. Hell, his recruiting at any other position other than CB and DE is basically the same song, different octave. Anyone who consistently signs 2-3 OL and 4-6 DBs deserves getting fired.

SEE YA Chimp!

ATXGator;n130792 said:
I pulled my numbers from ESPN. I counted guys listed as OT or OG if they were true fresh or Juco. I didn't change or adjust numbers just reported them. I posted facts...you are adjusting them

The only reason we had a semi-functional O line is because Max Garcia and transferred from Maryland and Tyler Moore transferred from Nebraska. And Tyler Moore was downright terrible.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Heard this from my very, very reliable source, breaking here first (you're welcome), Muschamp will accept the DC job at Auburn.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n131713 said:
Ohio State OC just got the job.

I thought Michigan should have hired him. This guy's probably Meyer's best oc. And it's going to some damage to osu.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;131713 said:
Ohio State OC just got the job.

I think he's going to do really well at Houston.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One thing we don't know is if Muschamp was ever OFFERED the job at Houston. I'm thinking no.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131986 said:
One thing we don't know is if Muschamp was ever OFFERED the job at Houston. I'm thinking no.

I don't think he was or he would've taken it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chimp didn't take it well when they didn't offer him the job.

Attachments

• conv_1613.jpg
    conv_1613.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Idk , Houston probably doesn't pay their head coach 2 mil a year. He might be making more money at auburn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.