Will Muschamp - most convincing recruiter....

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ege-players-playoff-system-determine-champion

Recruits were also asked about the head coaches they've interacted with. Alabama coach Nick Saban was mentioned more than any other as the most intimidating. One respondent said he "almost couldn't walk into Saban's office" because he was so nervous. Ohio State's Urban Meyer was second, followed by Texas coach Charlie Strong, Florida State's Jimbo Fisher and Michigan State's Mark Dantonio.

On the other hand, Penn State coach James Franklin was by far the most mentioned coach when recruits were asked which coach was the most convincing. A number of recruits also mentioned Florida coach Will Muschamp, Clemson's Dabo Swinney, Stanford's David Shaw, Auburn's Gus Malzahn and Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds about spot on. High Freeze with the 2013 class he had must have been convincing. Overall I think Muschamp has done a good job recruiting here.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could understand someone like Charlie Strong or Mike Dantonio being intimidating, but Saban? Dude's in the freaking Lollipop Guild! And Jimbo? Dude's balder than a flock of f*cking eagles! GTFO!

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What does being baldheaded have to do with being a persuasive HBC?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:
Well I guess we all now know that Dugaboy is bald. :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;n16497 said:
Not sure...but i believe he was listed in the intimidating category not persuasive.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;n16497 said:

They said he was intimidating. He looks like an intern at the Geek Squad, not a HBC.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I figured Muschamp would have been on the intimidating side.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n16508 said:
I figured Muschamp would have been on the intimidating side.

Why would you say that?

th

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saban - He certainly doesn't look intimidating. He is a real a** however.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:
I :lol:ed. I thought you were going to accuse Dugaboy of being a nole. When I got to the end of the sentence and it was ...bald. :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n16535 said:
Saban - He certainly doesn't look intimidating. He is a real a** however.

He's a PRICK!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's intimidating. Its more like who the hell wants a little short Napoleon yelling at them.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't understand Foley when he said that one of the reasons for retaining Muschamp was that it would hurt recruiting. Can you remember anyone who has not been great at recruiting for the the University of Florida/? Even Galen Hall was a great recruiter. My point is that Muschamp is getting undeserved credit for being a great recruiter. If you can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, you are qualified to be a great recruiter at UF. You don't have to do anything but fall out of bed and there is a plethora of great players in your own backyard. Miami and FSU are not going to ever get all of them, just like Florida will never get everyone it wants. being a great recruiter is not a reason for Muschamp to be retained, since anyone can do as well. I think there is enough data to prove that.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I still don't understand Foley when he said that one of the reasons for retaining Muschamp was that it would hurt recruiting. Can you remember anyone who has not been great at recruiting for the the University of Florida/? Even Galen Hall was a great recruiter. My point is that Muschamp is getting undeserved credit for being a great recruiter. If you can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, you are qualified to be a great recruiter at UF. You don't have to do anything but fall out of bed and there is a plethora of great players in your own backyard. Miami and FSU are not going to ever get all of them, just like Florida will never get everyone it wants. being a great recruiter is not a reason for Muschamp to be retained, since anyone can do as well. I think there is enough data to prove that.
Foley never said that he retained Muschamp because he's a good recruiter. He mentioned that was one of his qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator