Will Muschamp's Poor Performance vs. Georgia

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now I don't get caught up in all the "conspiracy" talk when it comes to some of you thinking Muschamp is purposefully losing/tanking because he's a UGA grad, because I don't think the man would intentionally sabotage his career for something so petty. However, if you look at his record facing UGA throughout his career, it really is quite alarming.

LSU, DC from 2002-04.

2002: didn't play UGA
2003: NC season, beat UGA twice, 17-10 at home, and 34-13 in the SECCG. This would be the last time a Will Muschamp-coached team would beat UGA.
2004: LSU visits a UGA team that had scored 20 on SCar and 13 on Marshall in the previous two games, LSU gets demolished 45-16. LSU's defense would finish in the top 10 that year and wouldn't give up more than 30 points the rest of the season.

Auburn, DC from 2006-07

2006: Auburn's top 10 defense gets housed at home by UGA 37-15. UGA's mediocre offense put up 30 points in the first half alone.
2007: Another solid defense of Auburn's gets shellacked 45-20 at UGA. Granted, this was one of the best teams Richt has had at UGA, but it's the same AU defense that shut Tebow down in the Swamp that year.

And then, as we already know, WM is 0-3 so far against UGA as the HC here. That makes him 2-6 all time coaching against UGA, with several performances being uncharacteristically bad by his defense/team. Just thought I'd throw that out there, get the fires stoked a little bit on Hump Day. :banana:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88245 said:
Based on this post, I have no choice but to recommend we fire him at once.

I revealed all this info to SQ last night and I wish I had a picture of her face. She was ready to snuff out the life of a small animal. :lol:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So techinically he is capable of helping to beat Georgia although its been more than a decade.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n88249 said:
I revealed all this info to SQ last night and I wish I had a picture of her face. She was ready to snuff out the life of a small animal. :lol:

All of this is true.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n88214 said:
And then, as we already know, WM is 0-3 so far against UGA as the HC here. That makes him 2-6 all time coaching against UGA, with several performances being uncharacteristically bad by his defense/team. Just thought I'd throw that out there, get the fires stoked a little bit on Hump Day. :banana:
I have to say you starting a thread like this after defending him at every turn for 3 years is rather shocking. Not trying to start a fight, just making an observation.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, maybe he can become UGAs DC after he is gone - though I doubt any program that has any self-respect will touch him for a couple of years.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hasn't changed since he played at Georgia. Definition of Loser.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n88249 said:

She is used to choking small animals?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88266 said:
I have to say you starting a thread like this after defending him at every turn for 3 years is rather shocking. Not trying to start a fight, just making an observation.

You can thank SQ's reaction last night, I probably wouldn't have started it otherwise. If it got her that fired up, I knew it would make a big splash here. :dance:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n88283 said:
You can thank SQ's reaction last night, I probably wouldn't have started it otherwise. If it got her that fired up, I knew it would make a big splash here. :dance:
I'd like to know Swamp Queen's honest opinion on this coaching staff. She doesn't talk much, and I know you two had high hopes for Muschamp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorBart;n88267 said:
Well, maybe he can become UGAs DC after he is gone - though I doubt any program that has any self-respect will touch him for a couple of years.

The noles on Rivals are claiming he'll be there next season to be his buddy's DC, and to stick it to UF for firing him.

I could see that. Unlike Zook, who tearfully gave it his all and accepted his fate at that presser, there's no doubt in my mind WM will be anti-UF when he's asked to leave.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88295 said:
I'd like to know Swamp Queen's honest opinion on this coaching staff. She doesn't talk much, and I know you two had high hopes for Muschamp.

Like the rest of us, she's ready for a change. But I'm sure she could shed more light on her thoughts.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88295 said:

Is there really anything else to say?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88296 said:
The noles on Rivals are claiming he'll be there next season to be his buddy's DC, and to stick it to UF for firing him.

I could see that. Unlike Zook, who tearfully gave it his all and accepted his fate at that presser, there's no doubt in my mind WM will be anti-UF when he's asked to leave.

Oh, wouldn't that be great. If I was an FSU fan I would definitely want that to happen. :gah:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88296 said:

Why? I think he recognizes he hasn't done a good job. I don't think he will be pro-UF, but I don't see him being anti-UF. That said... it wouldn't surprise me if he went to work for Jimbo as a DC. They are friends and FSU needs a good DC, it also wouldn't surprise me if he takes a HC job at a lesser school and tries to build back up the head coaching ranks. It really depends on what he wants to do... either be a lifelong coordinator or still try to succeed as a HC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.