Will Muschamp's Poor Performance vs. Georgia

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88296 said:
The noles on Rivals are claiming he'll be there next season to be his buddy's DC, and to stick it to UF for firing him.

I could see that. Unlike Zook, who tearfully gave it his all and accepted his fate at that presser, there's no doubt in my mind WM will be anti-UF when he's asked to leave.

Sadly enough, this is actually a very likely scenario.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88296 said:
The noles on Rivals are claiming he'll be there next season to be his buddy's DC, and to stick it to UF for firing him.

I could see that. Unlike Zook, who tearfully gave it his all and accepted his fate at that presser, there's no doubt in my mind WM will be anti-UF when he's asked to leave.

I think it's only fair. After all the fan base is now very anti-Muschamp.

Personally I would look forward to it. :cool:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that him and Jimbo are best friends seals the deal.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88319 said:
The fact that him and Jimbo are best friends seals the deal.

I heard some stuff about him possibly making the jump to FSU last night, and it makes perfect sense. Jimbo's a friend of his and would absolutely hire him in a heartbeat, FSU's defense has been pretty bad this year, and WM has shown he's a very good DC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;88315 said:
I think it's only fair. After all the fan base is now very anti-Muschamp. Personally I would look forward to it. :cool:
I don't think a Muschamp coached team instills fear in anybody.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n88307 said:
Why? I think he recognizes he hasn't done a good job. I don't think he will be pro-UF, but I don't see him being anti-UF. That said... it wouldn't surprise me if he went to work for Jimbo as a DC. They are friends and FSU needs a good DC, it also wouldn't surprise me if he takes a HC job at a lesser school and tries to build back up the head coaching ranks. It really depends on what he wants to do... either be a lifelong coordinator or still try to succeed as a HC.

Pretty obvious that you and I see a different person, which is fine. The way he's handled the fans leads me to believe otherwise. He can say certain things are on him in a press conference, but when he doesn't change, and then ridicules the fans for demanding it, to me it comes across as condescending and arrogant. I almost get the sense that he resents the fans. Just my take, and not one that anyone else has to agree with. But I could definitely see some parting shots a year or so from now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n88315 said:

You and me both

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n88315 said:

I'd have no problem. I never shook in my boots thinking that we were going against any particular DC. Bring it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88326 said:
Pretty obvious that you and I see a different person, which is fine. The way he's handled the fans leads me to believe otherwise. He can say certain things are on him in a press conference, but when he doesn't change, and then ridicules the fans for demanding it, to me it comes across as condescending and arrogant. I almost get the sense that he resents the fans. Just my take, and not one that anyone else has to agree with. But I could definitely see some parting shots a year or so from now.

He hates us.

Most yards in school history - 645 - on his watch.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
At least we would be able to throw long touchdowns on the first play of the game!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Fans are barely a notch above offense in the Muschamp grand scheme of things.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His defensive gameplan in last year's cocktail party was probably the worst ive seen from a UF staff. After the first drive I threw a 3/4 full oktoberfest
into my backyard. Not sure where it landed but I never found it. What I found infuriating is we started the game in nickel. 5 Defensive backs and 2 backers. Keep in mind we were playing a team thats best two deep threats (Mitchell and scott wesley) were already out for the year. Their other top receivers were Conley and Bennett. Bennett had missed the previous month due to injury and Conley was on one leg due to an injury against Vandy the previous week. In other words, their top four receivers were either not playing, had not played in a month or coming off and injury and far less than 100 percent. We had three good cover corners, and our defensive genius decides to play nickel while apparently ignorant to the fact that their best player is the running back. :suicide:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n88249 said:
I revealed all this info to SQ last night and I wish I had a picture of her face. She was ready to snuff out the life of a small animal. :lol:

Is that what they're calling it these days?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Reading these last couple comments has got me thinking as the opponent would instead of a fan. Counter to my usual default thought that even if all else fails, we will have a good defense, I'm now inclined to change my opinion on that. I haven't seen anything this year that makes me think our defense is going to get it done, despite champ claiming this is his best team so far (defense is 1/3 of it, some would argue closer to 1/2 especially the way he wants to play). So basically we have had 1 good defense in 4 years under him, and that D was comprised of a bunch of Urban Meyer recruited studs playing out their junior/senior years. The vast majority of champ recruited defensive players have been meeeeh... So if he wants to go to Forced Sex U I welcome it. We will all really enjoy bending him over once a year like he did to us almost once a week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So..... the fact that Lil Nicky and The Riverboat Gambler can beat Rikt has what to do with fact that Will Dawgscat has an 0-3 soon to be 0-4 record?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with durty south. He's fielded on good defense when he was here and they was all urbans players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n88507 said:
into my backyard. Not sure where it landed but I never found it. What I found infuriating is we started the game in nickel. 5 Defensive backs and 2 backers. Keep in mind we were playing a team thats best two deep threats (Mitchell and scott wesley) were already out for the year. Their other top receivers were Conley and Bennett. Bennett had missed the previous month due to injury and Conley was on one leg due to an injury against Vandy the previous week. In other words, their top four receivers were either not playing, had not played in a month or coming off and injury and far less than 100 percent. We had three good cover corners, and our defensive genius decides to play nickel while apparently ignorant to the fact that their best player is the running back. :suicide:

You need to post more.

Now back to the regularly scheduled discussion of Squash's small animal.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n88324 said:
I don't think a Muschamp coached team instills fear in anybody.

I beg to differ his team instills fear in it's own fanbase.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n88583 said:
You need to post more.

Now back to the regularly scheduled discussion of Squash's small animal.

You mean what they say about foot size isn't true?
:shocked:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator