Wisconsin HC Gary Andersen taking Oregon State job

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Around Madison alvarez is known as King Barry. But Ryan has been bball coach for awhile. Chryst or Doeren at NC state will get calls.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Agree that Paul Chryst will get a call and stands a good chance to get the job. He fits exactly what Alvarez is looking for, which is to be the puppet at the end of the string. Having many friends who are alums and donors at UW, they are well aware that although Alvarez does not walk the sidelines, he is still trying to coach the team from upstairs or his AD office. When Bielema left for ARK, instead of letting one of the assts. coach the Rose Bowl, Alvarez took over for 3 weeks. Why? There was a big bonus tied to the HC for winning the Rose Bowl, so Alvarez was looking to submarine his staff. Thank goodness he lost. Alvarez is the equivalent of Bill Parcells as a front office guy. These guys are football coaches ONLY, regardless of what title they hold, not good suite sitters. What GM (not his title but he ran the show) walks around the practice field with coach's shorts on and a whistle around his neck? Parcells. Alvarez wants to pull the strings.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
FireFoley;n129598 said:
Agree that Paul Chryst will get a call and stands a good chance to get the job. He fits exactly what Alvarez is looking for, which is to be the puppet at the end of the string. Having many friends who are alums and donors at UW, they are well aware that although Alvarez does not walk the sidelines, he is still trying to coach the team from upstairs or his AD office. When Bielema left for ARK, instead of letting one of the assts. coach the Rose Bowl, Alvarez took over for 3 weeks. Why? There was a big bonus tied to the HC for winning the Rose Bowl, so Alvarez was looking to submarine his staff. Thank goodness he lost. Alvarez is the equivalent of Bill Parcells as a front office guy. These guys are football coaches ONLY, regardless of what title they hold, not good suite sitters. What GM (not his title but he ran the show) walks around the practice field with coach's shorts on and a whistle around his neck? Parcells. Alvarez wants to pull the strings.
No way im working for that jackass

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129547 said:
I waiting for alcoholica to weigh in. Andersen was his boy, the guy he felt UF should have hired.

I didn't really have a guy I thought should get our job. But yeah, Andersen was one of the few I wanted to get a look. He got waxed pretty good by Urban in the championship game....I really didn't see that coming. I don't really understand why he'd want to take the Oregon St job. He's from Utah so maybe he just wanted to get closer to home. Other than Michigan, it looks like Oregon St. is the only other job at a Power 5. Really sounds like he wanted to get out of Madison though. If he can make Oregon St relevant, it'll be a huge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n129608 said:
No way im working for that jackass

That's why you need a businessman to run the AD...not an ex-coach.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
A
MJMGator;n129611 said:
That's why you need a businessman to run the AD...not an ex-coach.
agreed that micromanage shi! Never works

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This such a weird move. Gary Anderson looks worse than Wisconsin. Hope he likes Oregon state because he's not going to get another job atleast in a power conference. He looks like a scum bag.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129615 said:
This such a weird move. Gary Anderson looks worse than Wisconsin. Hope he likes Oregon state because he's not going to get another job atleast in a power conference. He looks like a scum bag.

He left Utah State on very good terms. He is reported to have very high character. It will be interesting if a story comes out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129615 said:

How does it make him look like a scumbag? :dunno:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n129617 said:
He left Utah State on very good terms. He is reported to have very high character. It will be interesting if a story comes out.
I thought he was a high character guy too. This is a head scratcher

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n129618 said:
How does it make him look like a scumbag? :dunno:

by making a lateral move or taking a step downward after only two years. What's this say to his players? It's not like he's leaving to coach the packers, he left his players and employer that gave him his first major head coaching job for Oregon state

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It says Alvarez is an azz, which most people seemed to suspect already.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Wisky coach leaves for the Pac 12, Cutcliffe says "hell nah" to the Meatchikin job in favor of Duke. How much worse can this conference get?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n129643 said:
Wisky coach leaves for the Pac 12, Cutcliffe says "hell nah" to the Meatchikin job in favor of Duke. How much worse can this conference get?

Cutcliffe got burned by Ole Miss. I think he's found a home and will coach out there. UM is in a sad state right now. McElwain isn't a sexy hire, but we got the best coach that was available this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129624 said:
by making a lateral move or taking a step downward after only two years. What's this say to his players? It's not like he's leaving to coach the packers, he left his players and employer that gave him his first major head coaching job for Oregon state

Doesn't make him look like a scumbag. It makes everyone in the nation wonder, while laughing at Whisky and the Big10.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is today's head scratcher of the day, but yeah, WM would actually fit their style of football pretty well, and he wouldn't give up 59 points to OSU's 3rd string QB, either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp probably would be a good fit at wiscy but I doubt he gets a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.