WM and Driskel Talk The Read Option

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
All I want to know is if Jeff is too dumb to keep it, or he's been instructed not to keep it. If he can actually keep it and make some plays we have a great shot on Saturday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
TallyGator;n51955 said:
Don't let your eyes deceive you. You see it live or on television...it is bad decisions by the guy with the ball...the play sucks when a better decision would have gained something. Then, a day or two later, another person tries to temper, or change, what you saw with your own eyes. I am now convinced that Will Muschamp does not possess the right set of tools to be a successful head coach and Jeff Driskel cannot be a successful D-1 quarterback.

So it's a bad decision when he runs the play the coach called and handed the ball off like he was supposed to? Because it seems as if you're just flat out accusing them of lying when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about as far as what plays are being called. Unless you somehow tapped into their radio frequency on the headsets and know UF's playbook.
And the point remains, no one knows which plays were actual read options and which ones weren't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n53063 said:
All I want to know is if Jeff is too dumb to keep it, or he's been instructed not to keep it. If he can actually keep it and make some plays we have a great shot on Saturday.

"We had a couple keeps that I felt like he could’ve kept on some plays in the zone read that he didn’t," coach Will Muschamp said Monday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n53203 said:
"We had a couple keeps that I felt like he could’ve kept on some plays in the zone read that he didn’t," coach Will Muschamp said Monday.

With how coaches downplay player issues that probably means more than a couple.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n53025 said:
I used to have the picture saved from that 08 season where it was a board with a spinner on it as florida's play call sheet. It was Tebow left, Tebow up the middle, Tebow right, then like 3 different options to Harvin. I wish i still had it but It was posted a bunch during the 08 season on GSMB becuase despite our success we didn't spread the ball around enough. Trust me there were posters not happy during the 08 season. It was a minority but that is the point...there is always going to be a group of fans that are going to bitch about something even in the best of times.

I thought that was during the 2007 season? In 2008, we had Demps and Rainey and Hernandez and Murphy and Coop and Nelson and..........

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n53551 said:
I thought that was during the 2007 season? In 2008, we had Demps and Rainey and Hernandez and Murphy and Coop and Nelson and..........

It was definitely 2007.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Our offense was good against SEC competition in 07 also - if people were complaining like he says it was just a few. People were going nuts about our young defense however in 07.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. Not all plays are meant for him to have an option to keep it.
2. I'm sure he will start keeping it soon and hopefully busting off a huge run.
C. It's possible he's a little hesitant to run since he just came off a leg surgery that required a plate, 8 screws, and 2 long ones through his ankle.

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52097 said:
Show me a QB with as many starts as Jeff in FBS that never even showed a hint of having good field awareness and composure that turned it around big time and all at once had a bunch of "it". I can't really think of any. I remember a few throwing a bunch of picks their first few games but just a few games later were showing they had good field awareness and composure. His body language even gives off he freaks under pressure most times.

14-3 as a starting quarterback, beat Texas A&M in his first career start on the road, beat FSU in Tallahassee, South Carolina, LSU, @ Tennessee. He had a terrible first half against Kentucky, but he's 14-3 as a starter. And no matter how it has looked, you can't take that away from him. All quarterbacks make mistakes. As long as we win I don't care if the score is 3-2. Just win baby

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it could have started in that season for sure...but i saw it again. Maybe before the LSU explosion. In 2007 we had more than Harvin too with Caldwell, CI, and Murphy all catching over 30 balls.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
I can't believe they are still holding back for Bama!

That's just stupid, unless we win, then it's brilliant!
Losing the Idaho game to practice these kind of plays did not help. We really only got one opportunity (EMU) to play loose without tough competition. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff pulls some rabbits out of the hat this Saturday.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52097 said:
Show me a QB with as many starts as Jeff in FBS that never even showed a hint of having good field awareness and composure that turned it around big time and all at once had a bunch of "it". I can't really think of any. I remember a few throwing a bunch of picks their first few games but just a few games later were showing they had good field awareness and composure. His body language even gives off he freaks under pressure most times.

Short memory back to the aTm game in 2012, when he had the presence of mind and "field awareness" to run and preserve the lead late in the game, or to the Vols that year, when he hit several long passes for TDs, or the Vandy game that year, when he outran their entire defense. We can't say much about his "as many starts" in 2013, because he had just 3. Who knows what he would or would not have done last year if he had played the entire year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator