You can only pick 3

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldnt say any particular song stopped me in my tracks like this song. We obviously listened to music, but nothing really struck a core nerve. I'll never forget it, 10th grade, 1992.... this song was almost life changing at the time:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just from this list: Foo Fighters, Beatles, Coldplay. But I can't list any bands without at least mentioning Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kaiser Chiefs Ruby is a damn good song. Although I dont know much of their other music:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Kaiser Chiefs Ruby is a damn good song. Although I dont know much of their other music:

This is a very, very, very specific and special memory song, and the only reason I wanted to see them.

@bradgator2 and @I Have No Friends :( I saw the Kaiser Chiefs (and most of the bands I've seen on that list) going to Sziget Fest in Hungary in 2008, 2009, and 2011 with "the Afghanistan crew"... check out the lineups.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New Order
Joy Division
Tie between the Cure and The Smiths

Right now, The Killers is "our" band. They are unashamed in their devotion and admitted influence of The Cure, The Smiths, New Order, and Pet Shop Boys.

The first time I saw The Killers live, Johnny Marr from The Smiths opened for them. He played a bunch of original Smiths and then played on several songs with the Killers. Brandon Flowers is constantly doing a cover of their songs.

Not the best video. But Johnny Marr is playing:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Right now, The Killers is "our" band. They are unashamed in their devotion and admitted influence of The Cure, The Smiths, New Order, and Pet Shop Boys.

The first time I saw The Killers live, Johnny Marr from The Smiths opened for them. He played a bunch of original Smiths and then played on several songs with the Killers. Brandon Flowers is constantly doing a cover of their songs.

Not the best video. But Johnny Marr is playing:

I’m not familiar with the Killers but they sound like something I would have listened to.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not familiar with the Killers but they sound like something I would have listened to.

Listened means past tense. The Killers are just hitting full stride!

Actually, they just released a greatest hits this year on the 20th anniversary of their first album. Play this set sometime, every song is incredible:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
That's a damn good list. I mean that covers 60 years of music! Coldplay is still going at it.
Coldplay is my outlier, but I always loved Fix You and Something Just Like This. THEN I saw a documentary on Coldplay, and it made me appreciate the common folk they actually are. The lead singer of Coldplay in college reminded me of my nephew in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.