Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice post. I think my biggest question mark would be the idea that UF wants/needs 2 TEs in this class. I know UF has to purported TEs, but I am not quite sure that is the plan. Also UF has 3 early enrollees, I think so maybe this group could go to 28.

Another way to look at it is:

Postion(need)

QB(1): Allen
RB(1): Davis
WR(3): Green, Toney
TE(1): Byrd, Gamble
OL(4): Moore, Telford
K(0):
DL(5): Campbell, Carter
LB(5): Houston, Miller
DB(5): Blades, Davis, Wilson
P(0):
with 3 possible wild cards and one already used at TE.

The board:

QB:
RB: Lemons, Thompson (tied with UCF)
WR: Robinson, Ruggs
TE:
OL: Chandler, Gray, Herbert, Randolf, Slaton, Zabie
K:
DL: Bryant, Durden, Jackson, Parks, Ray, Solomon, Truesdell
LB: Johnson, Jones
DB: Bishop, Edwards, Gibbs, Henderson, Hunter, Stewart
P:

This is a very preliminary board and I have probably omitted many players UF is still recruiting.

Great post by you and the OP. Who do we really think we get out of these guys? That is the key. It is nice to have targets, but who do we sign... I've put a bold on all that have a crystal ball for us...

It looks like we still have a lot of need here. I did see that Levi Jones is visiting Jan 13 so that is good and should increase our chances, but we have to really pull some of these guys. We definitely have work to do at DT, LB and DB.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we should have little problem getting the max of those recruits since all the non-McElwain schools
have already got all their guys.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hear you. The signed vs committed thing is just splitting hairs. I think most LOI's come in on or near NSD. Mac got two commits after Xmas last year was the point I was making. Hopefully, he closes better this year than last.
I'm pretty sure they can't sign the LOI until NSD unless they are a JUCO or enrolling early.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Levi doesn't visit you can cross him off. These kids have to get on campus or it's a fruitless speculation. We do lead for James Robinson but he said that he needs to know who will be throwing him the ball. I fully expect him to go elsewhere and end up off the team within 2 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The staff has been targeting 3 all year... that has been the plan. If they get 3 they hit their goal. Getting 4 in one class would be tough.. I think they want 3 this year then 3 next year then 2 ever following year.
When we had hansard, scott and edwards commited we were still recruiting truesdale. They wanted 4 originally and I think they end up with 2 unless they find another under the radar guy like Campbell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When we had hansard, scott and edwards commited we were still recruiting truesdale. They wanted 4 originally and I think they end up with 2 unless they find another under the radar guy like Campbell.
They originally said 2 jucos and 3 Dts.

That's about right, given that we should have signed 2 in 2015 and 2 in 2016 but signed zero and need 2 more for this class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The staff has been targeting 3 all year... that has been the plan. If they get 3 they hit their goal. Getting 4 in one class would be tough.. I think they want 3 this year then 3 next year then 2 ever following year.
Wrong. And even if it is the plan now, it doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll get the numbers if we want. They'll just be lower tier guys that we don't even know they are looking at, unless the momentum starts picking up soon
I'm ok with that if they are strong DTs and OL that aren't ranked highly because they can't dunk a basketball.

I will be pissed if we run out and waste schollies on a bunch of 4th string 2 or low 3 star DBs or WRs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They originally said 2 jucos and 3 Dts.

That's about right, given that we should have signed 2 in 2015 and 2 in 2016 but signed zero and need 2 more for this class.
I think you're right. It's just a disaster . How do we let a 4star dt from north marion go to Georgia Tech last year and now let the 2 kids from Newberry go to fsu? That's 3 that should be gimmies right there.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Great post by you and the OP. Who do we really think we get out of these guys? That is the key. It is nice to have targets, but who do we sign... I've put a bold on all that have a crystal ball for us...

It looks like we still have a lot of need here. I did see that Levi Jones is visiting Jan 13 so that is good and should increase our chances, but we have to really pull some of these guys. We definitely have work to do at DT, LB and DB.

Well if UF gets the six guys in bold, then UF would be at 21. That leaves 4 to 7 more slots. I would guess that UF has some slots open for some top players with some fall back choices.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well if UF gets the six guys in bold, then UF would be at 21. That leaves 4 to 7 more slots. I would guess that UF has some slots open for some top players with some fall back choices.
We had seven early entrants last year who counted back, and we could do the same this year. So we could go up to 32 (and we are no where near 85 or even 75). That being said our staff doesnt seem interested in getting back to 85 and doesnt even have many EEs or jucos nibbling.

Its a lot of work to try to land a full class.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We had seven early entrants last year who counted back, and we could do the same this year. So we could go up to 32 (and we are no where near 85 or even 75). That being said our staff doesnt seem interested in getting back to 85 and doesnt even have many EEs or jucos nibbling.

Its a lot of work to try to land a full class.

As I understand it, you can only count back the smaller of (25-last years class size) and (85 - total on scholarship the prior fall). According to 247 UF signed 25 in last years class, but of course some of them were counted back on 2015. I do not know how many.

For UF to be able to go to 32, UF must have counted only 18 of the 25 signed last year in the 2016 class. Note early entrance does not equal counting back, you can count an early entrant on either the prior year class if you have room or the current class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
As I understand it, you can only count back the smaller of (25-last years class size) and (85 - total on scholarship the prior fall). According to 247 UF signed 25 in last years class, but of course some of them were counted back on 2015. I do not know how many.

For UF to be able to go to 32, UF must have counted only 18 of the 25 signed last year in the 2016 class. Note early entrance does not equal counting back, you can count an early entrant on either the prior year class if you have room or the current class.

I'm pretty sure you are right. So we should be able to sign over 25 this year because those EE's would count in 2015? I thought you could roll the EE number into the following class.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Added Jordan Pouncey to the board since his decommit from ND. I understand that he's a Miami lean. I also updated Levi Jones and Tony Gray as "Gator Leans" which I define as recruits Ill be extra pissed about if we don't get. Yes I know Tony Gray is trolling everybody.

Oh and I have a feeling we don't sign 25. I've read 23. Before you ask, it was probably on Gator Country. Before you comment, because we suck.

Who the hell is Jake Allen's big surprise?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure you are right. So we should be able to sign over 25 this year because those EE's would count in 2015? I thought you could roll the EE number into the following class.
Roll the EEs into the previous class (and seven of those were rolled to the year prior) if there is room in the previous class and there is for us this year.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It was seven EEs who counted back. Early in the year there were several articles about the goal beimg 7+25 last year. We again have those seven available this year but we dont have that many EEs.

Youre right that EEs dont automatically count back. If we had signed all 32 last year, we would have no ability to count back any EEs this year.

I dont know how we are ever going to get full strength at this rate. The next coach will also inherit a roster that will be 15 short just like the last two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.