Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was seven EEs who counted back. Early in the year there were several articles about the goal beimg 7+25 last year. We again have those seven available this year but we dont have that many EEs.

Youre right that EEs dont automatically count back. If we had signed all 32 last year, we would have no ability to count back any EEs this year.

I dont know how we are ever going to get full strength at this rate. The next coach will also inherit a roster that will be 15 short just like the last two.
We had 12 EE's. Not sure how many were able to be rolled back to the 2015 class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The limit is 7, unless my mind is playing tricks on me. I can't find that quickly by googling it.

Edit: I don't see a limit of 7. The rule book is here http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D116.pdf and the relevant rules is 15.5.6.3.2. Or maybe it was a limit of 7 because of the numbers of the previous class and that number stuck in my head. Or maybe I'm hallucinating.

Another issue is that I don't know exactly when LDR, McCoy and a few others received scholarships. They are "initial counters" also despite not being listed on the recruiting list.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The limit is 7, unless my mind is playing tricks on me. I can't find that quickly by googling it.

Edit: I don't see a limit of 7. The rule book is here http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D116.pdf and the relevant rules is 15.5.6.3.2. Or maybe it was a limit of 7 because of the numbers of the previous class and that number stuck in my head. Or maybe I'm hallucinating.

Another issue is that I don't know exactly when LDR, McCoy and a few others received scholarships. They are "initial counters" also despite not being listed on the recruiting list.
7 maybe exactly right, I have no idea. I was just stating that we had 12 EE's, so your number of 7 is certainly possible.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting standing board ? For us, is that synonymous with 'walking the plank?'

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

BTW, I do not think I have ever heard of a limit. Of course I do not follow football recruiting as closely as I once did, so maybe they put when in when I was not paying attention.

Here is an article on the impact of the 25 limit from when it was first instituted:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/sec_learning_to_live_with_new.html

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

Man, the old "Law" part of you is shining through on this one. No denying you're a lawyer now!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Jake Allen's big news is 4* OT Kai-Leon Herbert will be joined by classmate 4* OG Tedarrell Slaton for the final weekend and will make it a trifecta of 4*s from American Heritage by joining 4* CB commit Marco Wilson in the class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Allen's big news is 4* OT Kai-Leon Herbert will be joined by classmate 4* OG Tedarrell Slaton for the final weekend and will make it a trifecta of 4*s from American Heritage by joining 4* CB commit Marco Wilson in the class.
It would be great to have Leon and Slaton. I hope Summers and Nord bring their A game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I hope you are right!

Sep 29, 2015

Hopefully the Heritage 4 become Mac's version of the Lakeland 7

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Where are you hearing this?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Where are you hearing this?
Just hoping.
Playing connect the dots:
1) Jake Allen has been pumping UF to other recruits
2) Allen is friends with KLH - they played together at one time
3) Allen says there's gonna be a surprise
4) TS who is a team mate of KLH just announced he's visiting the same weekend as KLH

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised if we got Parks. Not sure if he warrants 4 stars however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.