Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anybody know the story on Lemmons. Do we sign him and then wait to see if he makes grades. It's not like we need to hold the spot fro anybody.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the deal's already sealed. :eek:uch:
"“I just like what they’re doing on defense, I like the swagger they have about themselves right now, nobody can dethrone them right now. What do I really want to do, do I want to win championships or be the runner up"
He needs to tell Butters that if you arent first youre last.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/updating-recruiting-rankings-every-sec-team/

We're ranked 19th/8th (overall/SEC) in the current rankings. WTF?

South Carolina is 14/7. Miss State is 20/9. Arkansas is 22/10. Kentucky is 23/11. Tenn is 11/6. Why are we in a dog fight w/ these programs?

We likely move up a few spots overall since our class is so small right now (at 15 total commits). But do we move up enough to get to 7th in the SEC (ahead of our former bone-headed coach)? I just can't see us moving up to surpass Tenn for 6th....so 7th best class in the SEC is our best hope and that's IF we can pass Muschamp. Unbelievable what's become of this program.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Soooo, here's a new name: 3-star Kendarian Handy-Holly

Great size, at 6'2 200lbs.

@Swamp Donkey is going to LOVE his offer list:

http://gridironnow.com/kendarian-handy-holly-recruiting/

The list of schools is narrowing for three-star safety Kendarian Handy-Holly. But unlike most recruits, Handy-Holly’s decision has little to do with football.

“The decision I’m going to make is based strictly on the academic side,” Handy-Holly told GN. “The question I’ll ask myself is, ‘Can I see myself going there without playing ball?’ That’s where I am on that.”

So where is Handy-Holly looking?

“Minnesota, Florida and UAB,” he said. “There are a few more schools talking to me, but those three are the main ones right now.”

He plans to visit Florida, Minnesota and UAB before announcing his decision.

Handy-Holly (6 feet 2, 200 pounds) attends Jackson (Ala.) High. Jackson is a town of about 5,200 in southwest Alabama, about 30 miles from the Mississippi border. Handy-Holly is considered one of the top-40 safety prospects in the class of 2017.

Handy-Holly also has received offers from, among others, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Kentucky. He says he will know a lot more about his future plans once he takes his official visits.

“I just want to visit and see the different places because once I commit, that’s where I am. I don’t want to rush myself,” Handy-Holly said. “I want to make sure it’s the right fit for me, the right fit for my family and going to put me in a position to be successful moving forward.”

Handy-Holly likes what he’s seen at Florida.

“That’s the first college I ever went to with my dad,” he said. “It’s always been special to me. I have a great relationship with the coaching staff, and they were one of the first big schools to come in and give me an opportunity.

“I’m just thankful, and the Swamp — that’s a special place; it’s a big deal.”

Handy-Holly says the recent coaching change at Minnesota won’t impact his decision.

“I’m not choosing a college for the coach,” he said. “I’m choosing a college that’s going to put me where I need to be for the next five or six years, help me make myself competitive in the job market and give me the necessary intangibles to take care of my family and myself.”

The way it sounds from Handy-Holly, Florida and Minnesota may be competing for a prized recruit not just on the field but in the classroom.

“You look at both Florida and Minnesota, I think they are prestigious universities,” he said. “I want to go into engineering, so I will look at the engineering departments. I’ll look to see where graduates rate in the job market and what my chances are of walking out with a job that’s going to pay me well.”

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to tell Butters that if you arent first youre last
ice-man.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Soooo, here's a new name: 3-star Kendarian Handy-Holly

“Minnesota, Florida and UAB,”
That's some Butterin' right there.

By gawd if we can't compete in the State of Florida, we sure as hell can be the fourth or fifth best recruiting team in Alabammer (being Trailerbammer, Barn, Ugly, and Ole Miss).

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's some Butterin' right there.

By gawd if we can't compete in the State of Florida, we sure as hell can be the fourth best recruiting team in Alabammer.

Yep. We're fighting off UAB and Minnesota for this kid!

I'm sure he's a Plan B (and I'm glad we are seeing some Plan B's on the radar vs. last year's complete failure, only landing Putu), but I'd rather steal a HS kid from a Florida HS committed to USF or UCF than UAB. I'm sure a Florida HS 3-star DB would be as good or better than an out of state 3-star DB....plus it would help us "build relationships" with a Florida HS.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure I'd even burn a scholarship on him. He sounds like he's looking for a place to get a free ride not to play football.

He's a top 40 Safety. I'd rather have a top-40 safety than no safety.....like we did at DT last year. He's 6'2 200lbs. If our DB coach is worth a sh*t he'll coach him up and we'll have a good football player in a few years. I have no problem with it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he's a Plan B .
Our plan As went to Alabama and OSU.

Our plan Bs and plan Cs we're been talking with for a year and aren't likely to sign.

This kid is plan D, E, or F likely.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our plan As went to Alabama and OSU.

Our plan Bs and plan Cs we're been talking with for a year and aren't likely to sign.

This kid is plan D, E, or F likely.

Well, again....at least they have a Plan F. I don't think I'll ever get over the lack of a DT in last year's class. Imagine if we signed a 290lb HS DT last year....he redshirted....about to go through Spring ball...he's up to 305lbs....and he's ready to play this year in the SEC. But that kid is a figment of my imagination, because our coaching staff "needs time to build relationships" or some bullsh*t.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So now it's down to Truesdale and Kane Taylor? Or just Truesdale? We need two more DTs....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget Conliffe or whatever his name is

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online