Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Because they suck.

If you just spent your time on Rivals, you'd pay less and get the right answers from the beginning.

I gotta agree with Pops on this one. Rivals has been the gold standard since day one. Often imitated, rarely duplicated.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I've got 21 in the class. (see OP)
Targets that are uncommitted
LB 4* Levi Jones
DE 4* Jarez Parks
S 4* Devon Hunter
WR 3* Jordan Pouncey
Say we get two - that's 23 in the class

Targets that are committed elsewhere (and there's some buzz might be in play)
OT 4* Kai-Leon Herbert
DE 4* LaBryan Ray

Say we get one to flip - that's 24.

There's another handful of targets that are visiting but have committed elsewhere.

I'd take it. I think we are in much better shape than a lot of others do. Maybe I'm just delusional.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
hmmmm... I guess so. Thought we were trying to flip him at this time last year. Oldteimers.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hmmmm... I guess so. Thought we were trying to flip him at this time last year. Oldteimers.
I think that was Butters first class, when Champ had Lamar Jackson supposedly coming here but ten got shyt canned a year late

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
5* DT Aubrey Solomon is giving Florida his last official visit on January 27. Normally, it would be an advantage to get the final visit. However, it appears that it would take a miracle to land Solomon at this point.

On Wednesday during a radio interview Solomon stated that Bama was the team to beat and then went on to say “I would describe it as a huge lead."

He claims that the quality of the education is a major factor. That would seem to give Florida an advantage over Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. I doubt that the education factor is ever as big as most recruits try to make it sound. If it were actually a factor then Vanderbilt would win the SEC every year.

"“I just like what they’re doing on defense, I like the swagger they have about themselves right now, nobody can dethrone them right now. What do I really want to do, do I want to win championships or be the runner up"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5* DT Aubrey Solomon is giving Florida his last official visit on January 27. Normally, it would be an advantage to get the final visit. However, it appears that it would take a miracle to land Solomon at this point.
I imagine a glimpse out our facilities and a chance to meet THE DONKEY in person should seal the deal.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine a glimpse out our facilities and a chance to meet THE DONKEY in person should seal the deal.
I think the deal's already sealed. :eek:uch:
"“I just like what they’re doing on defense, I like the swagger they have about themselves right now, nobody can dethrone them right now. What do I really want to do, do I want to win championships or be the runner up"

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When someone says that academics are important, they just mean academic support. Nine times out of ten, it's code for i'm a big focking moron. I mean is one recreational sciences degree better than another?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Like Solomon most of the remaining visits are hard commits elsewhere. There are maybe two that are undecided. The others are guys that are already commited to us and we better get. Seriously if you are looking for some big surprises in this class I wouldn't hold my breath.
It's sad but im just hoping he can steal some high 3 stars from places like nc state just to get our numbers up.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
When someone says that academics are important, they just mean academic support. Nine times out of ten, it's code for i'm a big focking moron. I mean is one recreational sciences degree better than another?

I always laugh when I read that some kid is saying the academics are important to them. They just say that because it makes them sound better. If academics were that important to them then Vanderbilt would have the best class in the conference every year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always laugh when I read that some kid is saying the academics are important to them. They just say that because it makes them sound better. If academics were that important to them then Vanderbilt would have the best class in the conference every year.
Or it could mean that low academic admission standards are important.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What happen with that rumor two 4 star O linemen would be committing to us soon. Cant remember if they were supposed to be flipping from other schools or not.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
What happen with that rumor two 4 star O linemen would be committing to us soon. Cant remember if they were supposed to be flipping from other schools or not.

The only rumor that I've heard about OL had to do with 5* Leatherwood. Long story, but he is going to sign with Bama after a lot of drama.

The OL I personally think we will end up signing are:

4 Star Kadeem Telfort OL- committed
4 Star Kai-Leon Herbert OL - appears to be ready to flip from Michigan
4 Star T.J. Moore OL- committed
4 Star Tony Gray OL - Gators are in a battle with Georgia

And also

4 Star Tederrell Slaton, but I think he will play DT at least initially.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
The only rumor that I've heard about OL had to do with 5* Leatherwood. Long story, but he is going to sign with Bama after a lot of drama.

The OL I personally think we will end up signing are:

4 Star Kadeem Telfort OL- committed
4 Star Kai-Leon Herbert OL - appears to be ready to flip from Michigan
4 Star T.J. Moore OL- committed
4 Star Tony Gray OL - Gators are in a battle with Georgia

And also

4 Star Tederrell Slaton, but I think he will play DT at least initially.

Worth noting that Telfort is already on campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator