3* RB Malik Davis commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome back from our station break. We have with us Law98gator. Law, please share with the group how you truly feel about this situation?
buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Producer: he hung up and said something about calling Dubs instead.

I don't dislike the kid, just like I don't dislike smurfs, but I greatly dislike having so many 2.5 star reaches (or lottery tickets as Cover calls them) or having a whole team full of smurfs and undersized guys.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I know this may seem foreign to some posters here but there are actually 220-230# RB's with 4.5 speed......I swear I'm not just making it up.....So unless this guy packs on 30# to go with his 4.5 speed color me unimpressed.
I agree...I'm not sold on this kid and was pissed soon as I saw we took him! Dude is 185...slow...and plays against sh*t competition! I doubt he ever contributes and if he does he'll need to gain at least 35 lbs before he's ready to play in the SEC. In my opinion (with us taking this kid) Mac doesn't feel confident they are going to close strong so now he's just filling the class up by any means necessary. I'm not surprised but it Looks like the staff isn't "building the relationships" with the elite players we've been told they have been building. Smh!!!!

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest failure of last year's class was the lack of plan b at DT, in my opinion. Maybe this is a sign, they are learning from that. We shall see.
How is signing a 5th string RB a sign that they learned from needing 4-6 DTs and they've signed 1(who was hurt at the time he signed)?

That makes zero sense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I'd love to know why there wasn't a Plan B (or C, or Z) last year at DT.

I think we have beat the lack of a plan B... at DT horse enough at this point. We all agree the staff screwed that up, but nobody can go back in time and change it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is signing a 5th string RB a sign that they learned from needing 4-6 DTs and they've signed 1(who was hurt at the time he signed)?

That makes zero sense.

Law, you are making are turning two different arguments into one, and they are not the same argument. We have both agreed that their was a failure of this staff in the 2016 recruiting cycle in not picking up a big body DT and multiple at that. They chased a DT and lost, then did not have a backup plan. The staff decided we needed a running back, that running back appears not to be coming to UF. They picked up a lower tier guy as a plan B. It's the backup plan I'm referring to, not the fact that we still need multiple DT's that have the ability to play in 2017 or we are in for a long year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I agree...I'm not sold on this kid and was pissed soon as I saw we took him! Dude is 185...slow...and plays against sh*t competition! I doubt he ever contributes and if he does he'll need to gain at least 35 lbs before he's ready to play in the SEC. In my opinion (with us taking this kid) Mac doesn't feel confident they are going to close strong so now he's just filling the class up by any means necessary. I'm not surprised but it Looks like the staff isn't "building the relationships" with the elite players we've been told they have been building. Smh!!!!
The only way we finish in the top 10 in recruiting is to win out or go 5-1 including a good bowl game. Tall order.
Otherwise we are headed for a 15-25 rating which is cellar dweller for an SEC program....ain't nobody keeping their job if this continues....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only way we finish in the top 10 in recruiting is to win out or go 5-1 including a good bowl game. Tall order.
Otherwise we are headed for a 15-25 rating which is cellar dweller for an SEC program....ain't nobody keeping their job if this continues....

Yep if he isn't top 10 recruiting and we have 3 straight 4 loss seasons Mac is gone after what keeping Muschamp around for a 4th year did.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I agree!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think we have beat the lack of a plan B... at DT horse enough at this point. We all agree the staff screwed that up, but nobody can go back in time and change it.

I disagree. Let's keep beating it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.