Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is starting to look like Eason all over again. Good times....

No.. Eason was a prayer and the only chance we ever had was if Kirby went with a spread offense. Once Kirby hired a pro-style coordinator that was done. Eason LOVED Athens and UGA. That happens... sometimes kids really like the other schools and there is nothing you can do.

I'm not sure if Auburn was recruiting him prior to Baylor and that is the "recruiting him longer" or they started the minute he announced he would transfer (which I agree we should have been doing).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No.. Eason was a prayer and the only chance we ever had was if Kirby went with a spread offense
Well at least we got him to visit... from what I'm hearing, stidham likely wont. Sure to be a deathblow.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Its really starting to sound like Stidham is waiting to see what happens with Kendal Briles. The kid is big on relationships, and I'm guessing he was told by Kendal to hold up a little longer because he might have an OC opportunity pretty soon...(I'm thinking Houston).Thats is why he pushed his decision back...not because of Mac/Nuss visit unfortunately.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Its really starting to sound like Stidham is waiting to see what happens with Kendal Briles. The kid is big on relationships, and I'm guessing he was told by Kendal to hold up a little longer because he might have an OC opportunity pretty soon...(I'm thinking Houston).Thats is why he pushed his decision back...not because of Mac/Nuss visit unfortunately.
:shocked:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least we got him to visit... from what I'm hearing, stidham likely wont. Sure to be a deathblow.

Yeah... if he doesn't visit I think it is Auburn all the way... TBH... I think going into this we had about a 25% chance to get him away from Auburn. We are going to ride with Franks/Trask next year

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... if he doesn't visit I think it is Auburn all the way... TBH... I think going into this we had about a 25% chance to get him away from Auburn. We are going to ride with Franks/Trask next year
Agreed, I thought this was total folly from the start. Would still be great to get any talent we can, but with the small amount of chance most analysts think we have, I feel the coaches efforts would have been better served looking for DTs, LBs and OLs... just my opinion.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No.. Eason was a prayer and the only chance we ever had was if Kirby went with a spread offense. Once Kirby hired a pro-style coordinator that was done. Eason LOVED Athens and UGA. That happens... sometimes kids really like the other schools and there is nothing you can do.

I'm not sure if Auburn was recruiting him prior to Baylor and that is the "recruiting him longer" or they started the minute he announced he would transfer (which I agree we should have been doing).

Idk about the season part, but will give you benefit of the doubt.

As for Stidham, I'm not sure what was meant by that either. Could be that we didn't start recruiting him until recent cuz the staff thought we had the next Gator legend at QB in LDR :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't we try to get Kendall briles on staff? Demote Dixon and let briles coach receivers.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Former Baylor QB Jarrett Stidham wants to make his transfer decision by Christmas.

Auburn is thought to be the front-runner for Stidham's services. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound gunslinger offered high praise for Tigers OC Rhett Lashlee, saying, "He's a great dude. I've gotten to know him a lot over this semester. Really, really solid dude." Another one of Stidham's dudes would be current Baylor OC Kendal Briles, who could throw an interesting wrench into matters. Said Stidham, who still talks with Briles frequently, " I'm still waiting to see what happens with him and where he might go and just take it into consideration."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Briles will end up someones OC, not taking a demotion for a staff that might be tossed out next year.

Not sure about that Briles, but I'd say to fire Nuss and hire Art Briles as our OC for a couple years. The offense will take off.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Not sure about that Briles, but I'd say to fire Nuss and hire Art Briles as our OC for a couple years. The offense will take off.
Yep...it would...but the "higher up's" at UF will never allow it to happen. With the way they are handling "several situations" it almost looks like Foley is still running the show and they are perfectly content with us being irrelevant.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep...it would...but the "higher up's" at UF will never allow it to happen. With the way they are handling "several situations" it almost looks like Foley is still running the show and they are perfectly content with us being irrelevant.

Sadness

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's sad you guys would want a guy anywhere near Gainesville who ignored mass rape within his program. It's despicable actually.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is Stidham coming this weekend? Or can we just go ahead and move on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator