Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Having an elite quarterback and a franchise left tackle could do wonders for this offense. However, it won't fix the sporadic playcalling by Nuss. And it will not fix the holes on both lines of scrimmage if they do not get lineman (at least 8 to 10 combined) on both lines of scrimmage.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
isn't that joey v guy associated with Inallkindsofweather? if so not sure how much I believe him.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
isn't that joey v guy associated with Inallkindsofweather? if so not sure how much I believe him.
It was actually an interview where Stidham was answering questions...it was his response, not Joey V's. Its around 4:30 or so on the tape where he starts talking about the visit.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just listened to it. Sounds like A&M backed off him and he seemed a little mad. Had a lot of praise for Auburn and I think he's interested in UF. He commits a week from today so things will heat up soon.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Just listened to it. Sounds like A&M backed off him and he seemed a little mad. Had a lot of praise for Auburn and I think he's interested in UF. He commits a week from today so things will heat up soon.
That's what I got out of it as well

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Stampini insists he won't visit UF. Auburn must of gave him the Cam/Cecil Newton deal.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On his visit to UF, just show him our game-films with WRs open all over the field.??
Then show him the Auburn run/pass % ratio. Let him sit in Spurrier's office so Steve can talk to him
about UF's ongoing Heisman QB tradition.?? Strongly, truthfully project to him that this is the better
place to shine. Tell him we have a special connection with that NFL HC of the Raiders.??

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and staff are going to have to sell him on offensive changes and how he fits into those changes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alderman was on the radio earlier saying its pretty unlikely he visits

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Mac and staff are going to have to sell him on offensive changes and how he fits into those changes.

Better to convince him that the offense scheme doesn't need changing, what it needs is exactly his skills to make it work as designed. (Which I don't actually necessarily know is true, I've only seen a snippet of Stidham.) Probably show him CSU's offensive highlights more than ours.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably show him CSU's offensive highlights more than ours.
Have you seen CSU's offensive highlights? Maybe you mean just the ones in which he wasnt losing to 4-8 teams or an academy?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Despite how anemic as UF has been offensively in recent years, why would a quarterback like Stidham want to go to a team that runs the ball as much as Auburn? Yeah, they have a spread offense, but it's a HEAVILY run oriented spread offense. That's not changing any time soon. Objectively speaking, UF is a much better fit for his skillset if he's down to either school. Hopefully, he realizes this.
Easy, you tell him, we run so much because we don't have a guy like you. With you we will freaking kill it. Welcome aboard gun slinger!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Honestly we dont really know how Macs system will work here because we havent had the right pieces in place yet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what Zach reports (which are quotes from the interview if you don't want to listen)... he is really really positive on Auburn.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/jarr...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Jarrett Stidham’s recruitment is picking up, but one SEC team is falling behind.

The former 5-star Baylor quarterback visited with Auburn last week and met with Florida coach Jim McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier on Sunday.

It was reported in November that Texas A&M was also in the running for Stidham, who currently resides at McLennan Community College in Waco, Texas. However, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound quarterback has not heard from the Aggies much in the past few weeks.

“They’ve had a good year. I haven’t talked to them much lately,” Stidham said in an interview with Bleacher Report. “I don’t know what’s been going on. Just haven’t really talked with them much lately. We’ll just see where things continue to go.”

Auburn and Florida seem like the two teams with the best shot at Stidham, who hinted at playing in the SEC over the weekend.

Stidham offered up his opinion to Bleacher Report on both programs:

• On Florida: “The visit went great. It was the first time I got to meet coach McElwain. I knew coach Nussmeier back when he was at Alabama and Michigan. Back when I was in high school. He recruited me back then so kind of had a prior relationship with him so it was good to see him again. Sit down and talk with him and Coach Mac about their vision at Florida. Which obviously they have done tremendous the past two years since Coach Mac has got there. But really just to sit down with them and talk about things, how I could fit in and all that kind of stuff. It was a really good visit and I am probably going to get on the phone with them at some tomorrow and talk about some things. Kind of move forward from then.”
  • On Auburn: “It’s a great school, great coaches. In the past six, seven years they’ve had a lot of success. Two national title appearances in the last seven years. Like I said, obviously a lot of success. Good history. Great players and great coaches. The SEC is a little bit of a different world of football than what I played in. It’s the best of the best. Especially in the West. It’s good to sit down and talk with those guys. We had a great visit this time last week with those coaches. Got to meet a bunch of players and hang out with them. It was a really good visit up there. I’m still talking to those guys about every day honestly. Everything with Auburn has been really good.”
In one season at Baylor, Stidham threw for 1,265 yards, 12 touchdowns and two interception over the course of 10 games.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Saw some excuse on Twitter that the reason we are behind is because Auburn has been recruiting Stidham longer...

To that, I ask why? Why weren't we on this guy the moment he decided to transfer from Baylor. Might as well get ready to see Franks and/or Trask

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reading some of this kids stuff it sounds like he thinks he is the QB who can dethrone Bama in the West. He has made comments a few times about how dominant the SEC West Division is. That makes me think Auburn has him locked down basically.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
The window is getting smaller to get him on campus for OV based on his Dec.13th decision date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator