Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If we're after this guy it only means that Franks, Allen, and of course Trask are busts.

If he was bad at evaluating and developing those 3 what makes anyone trust that Stidham is any different.

It's like Mac is throwing darts at a big QB board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we're after this guy it only means that Franks, Allen, and of course Trask are busts.

If he was bad at evaluating and developing those 3 what makes anyone trust that Stidham is any different.

It's like Mac is throwing darts at a big QB board.
Do we really consider a 2 star a bust?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Allen isn't even on campus yet. Why would you call him a bust? Next year's redshirt freshmen are question marks. Going after a graduate transfer is insurance, not an indication that our other players are inadequate. I can't wait to see Franks and Trask in action

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Allen isn't even on campus yet. Why would you call him a bust. Next year's redshirt freshmen are question marks. Going after a graduate transfer is insurance, not an indication that our other players are inadequate. I can't wait to see Franks and Trask in action
Stidham isn't a grad transfer. If we have LDR, Franks, Trask, and Allen coming in, all who he's recruited and 2 of them highly
rated why is he still chasing other QB's. That would be 5 scholarship QB's on the roster at one time. It tells me he doesnt have a clue and just throws crap on the wall to see what sticks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we arent counting on Allen he looks very pedestrian when they face a good defense. Surprised he is even a 4 star.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
That would be 5 scholarship QB's on the roster at one time. It tells me he doesnt have a clue and just throws crap on the wall to see what sticks.

Well, I'm not going to disagree that Mac doesn't have a clue. I'd just like to see them each play in a game before passing judgment.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if total BS but someone at swamp gas claims some parents said Franks wasnt put in because he doesnt have it. I am assuming that means upstairs if the Spring game meant anything.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Some significant recruiting news. Former #Baylor QB is one of the more talented quarterbacks in CFB. Eligible in 2017 & has 3 yrs left.

Lol at that dumpster fire STILL getting interest and we can't even muster enticing kids into a free trip to Florida during winter break.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well, I'm not going to disagree that Mac doesn't have a clue. I'd just like to see them each play in a game before passing judgment.
Me too. And if he were actually the "QB whisperer" and coach who can "win with his dog" he would develop one of those guys into a serviceable QB. But apparently he can't so he's constantly chasing something else.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Not sure if total BS but someone at swamp gas claims some parents said Franks wasnt put in because he doesnt have it. I am assuming that means upstairs if the Spring game meant anything.

I believe that. The only times I saw Franks were in the Under Armour game and the spring game. He looked terrible in both. Trask looked good in the spring game, but that was against the second team defense and certainly did not simulate game conditions. I still want to see them in a game. Hope springs eternal.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually don't think Mac's courting of Stidham is completely indicative of a lack of confidence in Franks or Trask. But, I think it is indicative of the pressure Mac is feeling from the fan base. He knows that just getting back to Atlanta next year won't be enough to endear himself to the fan base and/or the new AD, particularly if the outcome of the SECCG is as predicted. He knows he won't be around long enough to wait for either QB to develop. The only way to compete for Championships is to have a top flight signal caller at the helm and Stidham fits that description. He better do anything in his power to get that kid on campus. His job is hanging in the balance.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I actually don't think Mac's courting of Stidham is completely indicative of a lack of confidence in Franks or Trask. But, I think it is indicative of the pressure Mac is feeling from the fan base. He knows that just getting back to Atlanta next year won't be enough to endear himself to the fan base and/or the new AD, particularly if the outcome of the SECCG is as predicted. He knows he won't be around long enough to wait for either QB to develop. The only way to compete for Championships is to have a top flight signal caller at the helm and Stidham fits that description. He better do anything in his power to get that kid on campus. His job is hanging in the balance.

Agree.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sidenote:

It looks like Malik Zaire is looking to transfer out of Norte Dame. Sounds like he's giving UF a look. I haven't seen him play enough to know what kind of quarterback he is.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We will have an experienced O-Line, RBs, WRs and TEs. All we need is someone to get them the ball. You would think that QBs would be crawling over each other to get here.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
If Mac is really the QB whisperer then he has already had plenty of time to coach up both Franks and Trask in practice. So is he saying they both suck and cannot perform in a game? I can't believe that's true. He wouldn't want to say that either because it would indict his only claim to fame. I want to see both of them play. Let's face it - Appleby and LDR are ahead of them. The bar is set pretty damn low. This is now 6 QBs that the QB whisperer has had the chance to coach up. It's time he put one on the field that can tear it up. We need OL and DL coach, recruit the big horses. Employ your special talents on the QBs waiting for their chance to shine.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is a stud with plenty of eligibility. I don't care if Franks and Trask are progressing well or not. There is no reason that we should not go after Stidham. I don't think he's coming here, but I don't blame Mac for trying.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Sidenote:

It looks like Malik Zaire is looking to transfer out of Norte Dame. Sounds like he's giving UF a look. I haven't seen him play enough to know what kind of quarterback he is.
He's a "one read sh*t in his pants if it's not open QB" so...basically the same guy's we've been running with for 6 yrs running.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We will have an experienced O-Line, RBs, WRs and TEs. All we need is someone to get them the ball. You would think that QBs would be crawling over each other to get here.

The other coaches just show them our stats for the past 7 years probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.