Almost SWAMP Time...8 days until...

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Seriously is there anyone worse at their profession than Dooley?

No politics please.
I’m jealous of Doodley, we all should be.

He probably makes 6 digits, mails in his job, only works a few months of the year, and has access/connections to the team we would kill for.

You say he sucks at his job. I say, he’s doing it perfectly. We should all have his skill set.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He probably makes 6 digits, mails in his job, only works a few months of the year, and has access/connections to the team we would kill for.

You say he sucks at his job. I say, he’s doing it perfectly. We should all have his skill set.

Well Pat, I guess I never really thought about it like that. Certainly hope that wasn’t offensive. Say hi to the Mrs for me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do with a somewhat of a clear head think the Offense is going to be pretty good.
Give me a number. you guys will rationalize anything. top 10 total offense? top 20?

My answer is 55th, but I will say no higher than 40th.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He probably makes 6 digits,.
there's a six in his digit and it's probably 26k. do you see the way that he dresses? Have you seen publicly begging for free food continually?

I don't know the exact numbers but I've heard that that paper pays its people peanuts and always has. you may not be aware what's going on I suppose but newspapers are on their deathbed. they've been hemorrhaging money for 30 years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
there's a six in his digit and it's probably 26k. do you see the way that he dresses? Have you seen publicly begging for free food continually?

I don't know the exact numbers but I've heard that that paper pays its people peanuts and always has. you may not be aware what's going on I suppose but newspapers are on their deathbed. they've been hemorrhaging money for 30 years.

Also true. Not sure how I missed that. He isn’t in the 6 figures, by a mile. And it’s not even really his fault. The whole industry changed with the internet and again with social media. They are always a step ahead of him and every other journalist over the age of 50. Add in the Gainesville market vibe and I’d be shocked if he isn’t nestled somewhere in the mid 40k range. Ox makes more in a month selling fabricated ghostbusters toys to unsuspecting Eastern European kids than Dooley will put on the books in Q3 and Q4 combined.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also true. Not sure how I missed that. He isn’t in the 6 figures, by a mile. And it’s not even really his fault. The whole industry changed with the internet and again with social media..
Is there any doubt Dooley still uses his AOL email account?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There’s little to no buzz over UF football, and for good reason. We took a step backward last season due to a godawful defense led by the gambling, overrated, overweight, heavy drinking, past his prime Todd Grantham, who can’t recruit let alone teach the game or even call a decent game for that matter. Can someone actually come up with something positive to say about this character?

What’s worse is the big boss refuses to see his beleaguered DC for what he is, way in over his head in a conference that punishes teams for indecisiveness. If not for the “luck” of Franks’ season-ending injury in 2019, forcing Trask into a starting role against the wishes for his stubborn head coach, there’s no telling how low the team might have sunk in Mullen’s third season. We literally had to try to outscore everyone.

I won’t even pretend to know what it’s going to take for him to can his old MSU running mate given the distracted way Stricklin views football at a school that once acted like it cared about it. Not any more. The football people have been asked to take a number and stand in line in a maddening display of indifference to the sport that pays the bills. It’s reached comical levels.

It should be a referendum season. It’ll likely be a segue to a contract extension because that’s the crazy way we’ve come to do business since Meyer departed an eternity ago. Please tell me I have it all wrong. I fear I don’t.

@"78, I wish you were wrong. The pumper in me is begging to find something positive to hang on to. But after watching the debacle that is our defense, the O-line that couldn't punch a hole in a wet paper bag, and a stubborn coach that had to be forced to play Trask, I'm kind of "meh" about this season, I'll start off watching the games, but I can easily see me walking away at halftime

Fingers crossed that I have to eat these words.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im going into this season as a pumper. Im buying in. Im rooting for the Gators. I want Mullen to work out because I really have no faith that Stricklin will do much better the next go around. Bama is judgement day for me. We only lost by 6 points to them and we looked competitive. Ive been assured that the defense was an anomaly last season, Mullen has his offense with the players he wanted and unlike alabama, we have a seasoned QB leading us on our own field. No excuses. Go Gators!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What job are you referring to?

The Gainesville Sun canned he and Andreu late in 2020.
I guess it was easy not to notice

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@"78, I wish you were wrong. The pumper in me is begging to find something positive to hang on to. But after watching the debacle that is our defense, the O-line that couldn't punch a hole in a wet paper bag, and a stubborn coach that had to be forced to play Trask, I'm kind of "meh" about this season, I'll start off watching the games, but I can easily see me walking away at halftime

Fingers crossed that I have to eat these words.
Especially since our son became a student, Mrs G and I have tried to come to few games a year. It’s expensive as it requires one or two nights in a hotel, we have to kennel the dog, and it’s a 5+ hour drive to Gainesville.
Just last night we decided that rather than come (to homecoming) for a second game this fall (we are coming for UT), we are going to visit our daughter that weekend. She goes to a small school with no football team, but our kids former HS is playing an out of state away game nearby on Friday night so we’ll go to that instead. (To be fair, the HS has a really good team with one of the top RB’s in the ‘23 class and is a fun team to watch.)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im going points scored per game. 35
Points per SEC game about 21, maybe.

he had trouble scoring that in 05 and 06 with three or four more times the talent on the field.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What job are you referring to?

The Gainesville Sun canned he and Andreu late in 2020.
I guess it was easy not to notice

GIGCX7C.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.