Appleby Led Offensives

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Link? Gotta trust the coaches though.
I don't trust a coach, any coach, until he wins a championship of some kind. I wasn't sold on Meyer until we beat the living hell out of Ohio State.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't trust a coach, any coach, until he wins a championship of some kind. I wasn't sold on Meyer until we beat the living hell out of Ohio State.

Agreed but I trust them more than any armchair QB that posts here....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agreed but I trust them more than any armchair QB that posts here....

And there were a hundred posts a week after a Muschamp f'ck up that said, "I trust the coaches". I could not agree more w/ Ox about waiting until a coach wins a championship. The jury is still out on McElwain and this staff and that's non-debatable. Sure, he's better than Muschamp (so far).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
His play at Purdue is what it is and you can't change it: he's been a lousy QB. You just have to hope he'll be a better one with more talent around him. He certainly has not looked good with the small sample size we've had of him so far, in the spring game and this last game against North Texas.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Disagree. And Del Rio's Game 1 & Game 3 are proof there was a competition.
What did Del Rio do that was so wrong in games 1&3 ? He didn't drop any passes, miss any blocks or commit any penalties that I'm aware of. Look I wasn't pleased about him even being considered for the starting job 6 month's ago, and he probably doesn't make any DC's quake in their boots but given what I've seen from him last spring and so far this season, he's most likely head and shoulders above anyone else we've got.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What did Del Rio do that was so wrong in games 1&3 ? He didn't drop any passes, miss any blocks or commit any penalties that I'm aware of. Look I wasn't pleased about him even being considered for the starting job 6 month's ago, and he probably doesn't make any DC's quake in their boots but given what I've seen from him last spring and so far this season, he's most likely head and shoulders above anyone else we've got.

If you think his play in Game 1 & Game 3 makes him special, there's no reason for us to continue this discussion. My point was he was about an average QB in those games. In Game 3 he finished w/ 0 TD's and 1 INT. Sure, he's probably - slightly - better than "anyone else we've got"....but he's not "head and shoulders" better. Like I said before, he very likely got the nod over AA due to his time w/ the coaches (at UF and Alabama) and his 1 year on campus learning the offense. I don't get it. Why the hell are we arguing about how bad our backup QB is?? WTF? Give the guy a chance! He threw 4 passes last week, completed half of them....and he had 4 backup OL's blocking for him (plus Fred Johnson). Del Rio wasn't playing behind Buchanan, Harkless, Desir-Jones, or TJ McCoy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His play at Purdue is what it is and you can't change it: he's been a lousy QB. You just have to hope he'll be a better one with more talent around him.
Is playing at Purdue better or worse than not being good enough to play in HS? :lmao2:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what McElwain will do if AA consistently struggles this Saturday.....will he put in a freshman?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There will be no more than 2-3 called QB runs. I doubt there will be any. Mac doesn't want to go to his 3rd choice QB, and he has to just take his chances with AA scrambling that he doesn't get hurt.

There will be no more 'go for it' calls on offense. If we are in FG range, we will take the points. Pre-season is over, you take the points and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.