ARTICLE: Hire VT's Justin Fuente

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And bring Foster with you when you come.

He will leave Tech but it will take coinage.
Foster isnt leaving. We aren't paying 17 mil buyout and if we did, Foster would be next HC there.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I’d be happy with Fuente. The buyout is achieving its intent with me - big drawback and I don’t even have to pay it!

He sounds like a furriner..........better sign him before the wall goes up and the trumpets start tossing them over

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We need a better offense than the trash he's been running out there. I want a Top 5 offense or nothing.

Well I guess then you have gotten your wish I found one of Meyer's better offense was 6th in scoring per games, so UF opted to go the easy route and adopt a NOTHING offense. I wonder if since SOS UF has ever had a top 5 scoring offense? UF has certainly had 7 years of NOTHING offense.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That was a well written, well thought out article. My question is: Wasn't this guy available 3 years ago? I quote Aunt Edna in the movie Vacation :"I Thought So".

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gundy is the hottest chick in the bar and you all are just afraid to hit on her. I get it. No self confidence. But nothing ventured nothing gained. When last call comes around you can turn to the "cool" girl at the end of the bar with the suspicious sore on her lip.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Gundy is the hottest chick in the bar and you all are just afraid to hit on her. I get it. No self confidence. But nothing ventured nothing gained. When last call comes around you can turn to the "cool" girl at the end of the bar with the suspicious sore on her lip.
Well.......he is "a man" so he has that going for him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He had a fun offense at Memphis. I've watched 4 games since he's been at VT. Nothing but ball control in the games I watched. So, no thank you. I've had enough of that kind of football.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I guess then you have gotten your wish I found one of Meyer's better offense was 6th in scoring per games, so UF opted to go the easy route and adopt a NOTHING offense. I wonder if since SOS UF has ever had a top 5 scoring offense? UF has certainly had 7 years of NOTHING offense.
The truth is that Meyer's offenses weren't very special. We simply played complete, 3-phase football. We rarely had Spurrier-esque blowouts under Meyer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is that Meyer's offenses weren't very special. We simply played complete, 3-phase football. We rarely had Spurrier-esque blowouts under Meyer.
I guess you didn’t watch the games in 2008.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So...

The highest ranking of Meyer’s offenses at UF was 10th in 2009. Blowouts did happen and included turnovers, defensive scores and excellent special teams.

It dropped to 85th in 2010. That is the last time UF has been in the top 100 except rising to 97th in 2014.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you didn’t watch the games in 2008.
Tebow was certainly special. But in 06 without him starting, we didn't score 30 points against a single SEC opponent until the CG against Arky.

We did however rack up the points against the cupcakes while Meyer was here, but that is what every coach is supposed to do. Scoring 50 points against Wyoming isn't anything to thump your chest about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator