Basketball Recruiting

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This Alexander ordeal sounds like a basket case.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Recruiting was going ok until we just lost our best recruit. This season is probably going to be similar to last year. Maybe worse even since we don't have any home games the first half of the season. I expect us to be on the bubble at the end of the year.
I see a great year ahead. I am predicting us beating Duke even. As far as recruiting goes I think we are still in good shape. Shai wants to sign next month but said he wanted to take 1-2 visits to make sure he was happy with his choice and won't have to transfer after a year or 2. I think he could only visit if he decommitted so he did. We are still high on his list but he wants to make sure. I think we keep him in the end.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I see a great year ahead. I am predicting us beating Duke even. As far as recruiting goes I think we are still in good shape. Shai wants to sign next month but said he wanted to take 1-2 visits to make sure he was happy with his choice and won't have to transfer after a year or 2. I think he could only visit if he decommitted so he did. We are still high on his list but he wants to make sure. I think we keep him in the end.

Duke is flat out loaded. You think we have the chops to beat them? You are optimistic. Duke does have a lot of freshman on the team this year. I do think we surprise some folks as well, but not having home games for several months will be tough.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be great to see a fired up, confident team - attacking offense, attacking defense.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After reading a little more, I felt a little bit better about Alexander's situation as well. We have a good shot at keeping him as we'll have a slot ready for him to step into right away. Go look at the other schools to make sure (can't blame him), but I believe we have the best situation for him to get early, and meaningful PT.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It will be a success if we can stay within 20 of duke.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
After reading a little more, I felt a little bit better about Alexander's situation as well. We have a good shot at keeping him as we'll have a slot ready for him to step into right away. Go look at the other schools to make sure (can't blame him), but I believe we have the best situation for him to get early, and meaningful PT.

Have you found any listing of who he migt want to visit before deciding again?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you found any listing of who he migt want to visit before deciding again?
Haven't seen anything yet, other than who was reportedly interested in him - Butler, VaTech and UCLA. I assume he's going to visit VaTech since that's where his cousin is committed and probably UCLA just for the trip out west and to see the hotties.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
to see the hotties.

ucla.jpg

ucla_bruin_girl_work_out_y54y7i877k.jpg

mm3akh.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Slap me in the face!
Here's another thought - Jalen Hudson transferred away from VaTech and Buzz Williams. Gotta be some reason for that as I figure their styles matched up. Maybe a personality conflict? :dunno:
UCLA has the rep, and Alford, so they may be the one to worry about here. Though I still think Alexander's cousin being committed to VaTech could be a hurdle to overcome.....................................and the UCLA hotties.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Slap me in the face!
Here's another thought - Jalen Hudson transferred away from VaTech and Buzz Williams. Gotta be some reason for that as I figure their styles matched up. Maybe a personality conflict? :dunno:
UCLA has the rep, and Alford, so they may be the one to worry about here. Though I still think Alexander's cousin being committed to VaTech could be a hurdle to overcome.....................................and the UCLA hotties.

Though according 247 sports Alexander has unofficially visited UF, they say the he has not officially visited UF. Maybe if he ever takes an official to UF, he can talk to Hudson to see why he left VPISU.

As for UCLA, they have a certain attraction and so does UF. And as you say UF as the best PG situation out there.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I getcha, but when Avery Johnson, a former NBA point guard, is the coach, yeah, a young PG might be interested in playing for someone like that. The SEC has seen increased BB coaching talent in the past couple of years with the addition of Johnson, Howland, Barnes and Pearl (round 2).

Exactly and meanwhile we traded down big time.
Not suggesting we could get another Billy but I truly believe their were better candidates out there than the guy Foley chose.
I hope I am wrong but filling our roster with 3 stars will become the norm with our program.

The best is behind us folks and just in time for a big time arena that we will have trouble paying for in the future

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Though according 247 sports Alexander has unofficially visited UF, they say the he has not officially visited UF. Maybe if he ever takes an official to UF, he can talk to Hudson to see why he left VPISU.

As for UCLA, they have a certain attraction and so does UF. And as you say UF as the best PG situation out there.
Ucla has definitely lost its luster. I've seen that place pretty empty over the pastvfew years. Not to mention Steve alford's seat is red hot. I can't remember the last time vatech made the tourney. I just don't get it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ucla has definitely lost its luster. I've seen that place pretty empty over the pastvfew years. Not to mention Steve alford's seat is red hot. I can't remember the last time vatech made the tourney. I just don't get it.

Maybe Bart is right and the goals here are visit VPISU as his cousin wants, see Hollywood, let UF recruit him again and then sign with UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.