Coaching candidates for 2024

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Trim the fat. Fire and hire his staff for the positions. Synergize and create a cult of personality. Point was, we aren't a fixer upper anymore at least, we have everything here and any coach worth a damn will see that. The flagship uni in the most plentiful state of recruits that borders another top state of recruits. A national brand. Instead taking the slow process, hit the portal hard and flip the talent, start winning and get the high school kids watching again. Florida kids staying home.
Preach it brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Trim the fat. Fire and hire his staff for the positions. Synergize and create a cult of personality. Point was, we aren't a fixer upper anymore at least, we have everything here and any coach worth a damn will see that. The flagship uni in the most plentiful state of recruits that borders another top state of recruits. A national brand. Instead taking the slow process, hit the portal hard and flip the talent, start winning and get the high school kids watching again. Florida kids staying home.

That’s been my argument to the “no one will want to come here” crowd. The infrastructure is there, even if it’s due to the guy we would have sent packing. And add to that, most people saying he has to win at minimum 7 games next year. That’s become the bar. You have to come in to the flagship school in the state of Florida, with a massive support staff and budget, not completely mismanage things and be better than the last 3-4 years. What confident coach would not jump at that?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
That’s been my argument to the “no one will want to come here” crowd. The infrastructure is there, even if it’s due to the guy we would have sent packing. And add to that, most people saying he has to win at minimum 7 games next year. That’s become the bar. You have to come in to the flagship school in the state of Florida, with a massive support staff and budget, not completely mismanage things and be better than the last 3-4 years. What confident coach would not jump at that?
I think we could get Kiffen to strut away from ole Miss and that great portal group coming in. Wait, wait, we can never, ever hire anyone with a Mississippi connection.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've read a couple places that we're in line with or ahead of bama and uga in NIL. We're definitely top5. Not texas or anm or Oregon but we're up there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So who are some legit coaching candidates that, I'm praying, the new AD will be looking at?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
To me, this just proves the fiction that some spouted all last year that "we have to keep Sunbelt Billy to save the recruiting class."

This is 2023: recruits can transfer whenever they want. Signing their LOI doesn't mean anything anymore.

But more devastatingly: when your coach can't coach, you won't be able to attract the top talent in the first place.

Had we ripped off the band-aid and fired his worthless ass after the last game, would we have lost some recruits? Of course. But anyone competent that we'd hire would have been able to save some and/or flip a few others. You telling me that had we hired Kiffin or Lanning or DeBoer that they *wouldn't* have been able to deliver the 15th ranked recruiting class (or better?). Because that's what Tater ended up doing.

Last edited:

nkb9876

Oct 23, 2019
I go after Deboer first and Meyer 2nd. If they say no then I go after Kiffin provided his buyout isn't crazy. Then after that I am watching Luke Fickell, Matt Rhule, and Jedd Fisch in that order. If either one of these guys hit 9+ wins next season I will be impressed. I think Fickell is a very good coach and he was very impressive in Cincinnati. He went 7-5 in year 1 this season. Let's see how he does in his second season at Wisconsin. Same for Rhule and Fisch. Matt Rhule turned around Temple and hit 10 wins in his 3rd and 4th season before leaving, and then hit 11 wins in his 3rd and final season at Baylor. If he can turn around a 3rd program, especially at a tough job like Nebraska, success is a pattern for him like it was for Meyer. Also he adapts his offense to conference fit and geographic talent. Rhule and Fisch would definitely leave to come in. Fickell is a midwest guy, but I think we can lure him because we are a much better job than Wisconsin.
I'd be happy with Lanning also, but I don't think he would leave Oregon

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I go after Deboer first and Meyer 2nd. If they say no then I go after Kiffin provided his buyout isn't crazy. Then after that I am watching Luke Fickell, Matt Rhule, and Jedd Fisch in that order. If either one of these guys hit 9+ wins next season I will be impressed. I think Fickell is a very good coach and he was very impressive in Cincinnati. He went 7-5 in year 1 this season. Let's see how he does in his second season at Wisconsin. Same for Rhule and Fisch. Matt Rhule turned around Temple and hit 10 wins in his 3rd and 4th season before leaving, and then hit 11 wins in his 3rd and final season at Baylor. If he can turn around a 3rd program, especially at a tough job like Nebraska, success is a pattern for him like it was for Meyer. Also he adapts his offense to conference fit and geographic talent. Rhule and Fisch would definitely leave to come in. Fickell is a midwest guy, but I think we can lure him because we are a much better job than Wisconsin.
I'd be happy with Lanning also, but I don't think he would leave Oregon
Oregon has had multiple head coaches leave for better jobs recently . There isn’t a doubt in my mind we could get Lanning but it wouldn’t be cheap. We need to pony up the dough for a proven winner and pry away another teams coach . Instead of being namby pamby candyasses and overpaying for losers from the sunbelt or hicks and sharp humpers that rode Nicky’s coattails .
Once we cut the head off the snake and kick Scottie’s sorry ass to Starkville and kick foley out of the office , gator football will begin the journey back to greatness . On their way out the door Scottie and JF should be made clear they are no longer welcome in this building. If they come back they will be arrested for trespassing.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon has had multiple head coaches leave for better jobs recently . There isn’t a doubt in my mind we could get Lanning but it wouldn’t be cheap. We need to pony up the dough for a proven winner and pry away another teams coach . Instead of being namby pamby candyasses and overpaying for losers from the sunbelt or hicks and sharp humpers that rode Nicky’s coattails .
Once we cut the head off the snake and kick Scottie’s sorry ass to Starkville and kick foley out of the office , gator football will begin the journey back to greatness . On their way out the door Scottie and JF should be made clear they are no longer welcome in this building. If they come back they will be arrested for trespassing.
YES
YES
YES

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.