Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I knew I could count on you to be unforgiving Traz.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Rog the dentist we all want to put us in never never land as he pulls our teeth or puts on crowns or does what dentists do with gloves on

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Two names that have popped up are NC States DL coach Kevin Patrick and Troys LB Coach Bam Hardmon. Patrick played at Miami, coached at USF (for several years) is considered a top tier recruiter and has deep recruiting ties to state. Everyone should know who the 2nd guy is and if you don't punch yourself in the nuts!

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We used to have some really great linebackers coming through Florida. The new David Reese coming in is probably the first good linebacker we would’ve had here in five or six years. We may have found a gem in Ventrill Miller as well. He was probably the most talented linebacker signed under Mac.

:britney:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I think Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone would smash that statement.

636288183196208231-21.jpg

alex-anzalone-florida-gators.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:britney:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I think Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone would smash that statement.

636288183196208231-21.jpg

alex-anzalone-florida-gators.jpg

Well I guess I should take up to six years off that statement then. OK five years. Davis was recruited 5 years ago and Anzalone was 6 years ago.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
FYI there is a ton of buzz going on with Percy Harvin....rumors are that he might be joining the Gators staff in some capacity, looks like recruits are salivating at this being a possibility

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Percy as coach or staff member is an interesting proposition. I wonder how he’s grown and matured.

A more intriguing one for me would be Ahmad Black. His excellence was driven as much of more by his preparation and speed between his ears than his physical ability.that type of player tends to be better than the freakishly talented guys.

Don’t get me wrong - Percy’s competitiveness, work ethic and drive impressed me greatly, especially in rehabbing that high ankle sprain for the NC game. But you can’t coach what he did best.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of the best drawn up plays of the Meyer era IMHO, and the little cutback Percy made was beautiful. Idiot Gary said their was a missed tackle...no, the guy got faked out of his jock.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Percy as coach or staff member is an interesting proposition. I wonder how he’s grown and matured.

A more intriguing one for me would be Ahmad Black. His excellence was driven as much of more by his preparation and speed between his ears than his physical ability.that type of player tends to be better than the freakishly talented guys.

Don’t get me wrong - Percy’s competitiveness, work ethic and drive impressed me greatly, especially in rehabbing that high ankle sprain for the NC game. But you can’t coach what he did best.

Agree. Percy as recruiter might be the bigger benefit. Elite talent often relies on talent more than technique and preparation. The overachiever (like Black) is typically the better coach because they had to compensate for the lack of talent as a player. If we hire Percy, I hope he’s an exception.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014

Not a promising sign for Seider...

Edit: Was an updated UF coaching list and Seider was not included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.