Could ex-LSU QB Brandon Harris be headed to Florida or Texas A&M?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Harris picked North Carolina that makes me a little more nervous about zaire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Little else makes sense. If he were going to UNC or Wisky, he wouldn't want to miss spring practice.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Harris picked North Carolina that makes me a little more nervous about zaire.

Some people seemed to think Zaire is waiting to see if Mac gets the rule overturned before making his decision. Texas was going after Harris pretty hard also so it wouldn't surprise me if Zaire ends up there more than likely with what that coach runs on offense but I haven't heard anything about them talking with each other that I remember.

I just don't want anything keeping one of the RS freshman from starting. If it means no experience on the depth chart behind them except LDR so be it. The same if LDR didn't even suit up again.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This was posted in Post #64. That's why this thread was revived from Page 4 and we're discussing it.....

You posted no substance or link so that's why I did. Sorry to "steal your thunder"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some people seemed to think Zaire is waiting to see if Mac gets the rule overturned before making his decision. Texas was going after Harris pretty hard also so it wouldn't surprise me if Zaire ends up there .
I agree that for a QB playing against Big 12 or PAC defenses makes a bunch more sense, but
he would have gone already. He was free to transfer and participate in Spring Practice. He is working out in Arizona or something just waiting on our ban to get cleared up, he hopes.
Why wait if you are going somewhere else? It just makes winning the job and learning the playbook that much harder.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that for a QB playing against Big 12 or PAC defenses makes a bunch more sense, but
he would have gone already. He was free to transfer and participate in Spring Practice. He is working out in Arizona or something just waiting on our ban to get cleared up, he hopes.
Why wait if you are going somewhere else? It just makes winning the job and learning the playbook that much harder.

Don't like the sound of that. I hope Mac didn't tell him he had a "very" strong feeling he would compete and be able to win the job. If he does come here that tells me Mac doesn't have a lot of faith in our current QBs based on practice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't like the sound of that. I hope Mac didn't tell him he had a "very" strong feeling he would compete and be able to win the job. If he does come here that tells me Mac doesn't have a lot of faith in our current QBs based on practice.
Butters gave Zaire a strong enough feeling that Zaire passed up spring camp at other schools in order to wait for us.

To be clear, I am completely speculating about WHY he is sitting in Zona working out with private trainers instead of doing spring training somewhere. However, the only two options I can opine are that he is either (1) waiting on us or (2) has no offers. If Brandon Harris just took a spot I assume its not #2 bc Zaire is better than Harris no doubt in my mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator