Del Rio out with Shoulder Injury - Appleby to start against USC

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he is then the injury must have occurred after I stopped watching. I did hear about the Anzalone injury, but not Cleveland's.

He went down during the game. Was probably just winded, but now his shoulder is broken because they rolled him over without getting his arm out from under him first. Our trainers are top notch.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think it was ok for Jarrad Davis to play hurt the last two weeks? Is he "garbage," too?
Qb is quite a bit different than LB. I'll ask you again...do you think it's ok to conceal an injury to yourself, as a QB, which is causing you be at way less than 100%? In fact, it is causing your team to lose. You think that is acceptable behavior?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Qb is quite a bit different than LB. I'll ask you again...do you think it's ok to conceal an injury to yourself, as a QB, which is causing you be at way less than 100%? In fact, it is causing your team to lose. You think that is acceptable behavior?

Uh, adults are having a conversation right now....

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Not bashing LDR or anyone (I don't believe in bashing college athletes) but it is time to plant the flag and move on.... if that is possible with this coach. (Bashing college coaches is okay and expected. They get paid plenty to take our abuse.) LDR is simply not up to it. Time to admit that, coach.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Rex - durty and fuzzball are right, every player is expected to give their all. It's on the staff to decide a QB at 80% or 60% gives us less of a chance to win than the back up. Luke's doing what he is supposed to (not well, but he's doing it). Coaches need to recognize and adjust.

Have you ever played a sport? And if you did, and if you were injured, did you sign up for a spot on the bench or try to do what you can to help your team win?

And if you were a leader on the team (imagine with me), do you fold or lead when facing adversity?

Sep 29, 2015
He went down during the game. Was probably just winded, but now his shoulder is broken because they rolled him over without getting his arm out from under him first. Our trainers are top notch.

I just read the updated injury list on SEC Country. Ouch. No Anazlone, probably no Davis, and CeCe is questionable. Cleveland questionable. Fred Johnson at guard :facepalm:. Mac needs to coach like he is coaching for his job this week. Gator Nation will not abide a loss to chump at home. I've given Mac the benefit of the doubt to this point and will continue to until I see the offense succeed or fail under one of the freshmen (or an atrocious close to this recruiting class), but he will lose those like me if he loses this game to chump, at home, with the SEC East crown still in the cards. I suspect he knows the importance of winning this game and will not gamble on it with one of the freshmen.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure he wasn't concealing it. Multiple people watching in the box on Saturday noticed it, so there's no way they didn't know about it on the field. Maybe he took a Cortisone shot at halftime and toughed it out. I don't know. Regardless, the final decision to send a player out lies with the trainers and coaches. Literally zero players will come out with an injury if they're still on their feet. They more or less had to take Jarrad Davis' helmet away from him to keep him off the field.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Rex - durty and fuzzball are right, every player is expected to give their all. It's on the staff to decide a QB at 80% or 60% gives us less of a chance to win than the back up. Luke's doing what he is supposed to (not well, but he's doing it). Coaches need to recognize and adjust.

Have you ever played a sport? And if you did, and if you were injured, did you sign up for a spot on the bench or try to do what you can to help your team win?

And if you were a leader on the team (imagine with me), do you fold or lead when facing adversity?

If I can't make the throws I am going to tell my coach. I get part of it is on this amateur staff to recognize it. I have a strong feeling that LDR concealed it though. If I care about my teammates(and I have played more than one sport) then I am honest about it. It's not like playing through a sprain or broken finger. If the QBs shoulder is busted he needs to tell someone. That's on LDR.

Sep 29, 2015

To your point, Jay Cutler gets roundly destroyed when he takes himself out of games. Right or wrong, 99% of players (and 99.9% of the fans not taking the abuse magnify this) are conditioned to act like a leader, play through pain, leave it all on the field.....and be exalted as indestructible warriors for toughing it out just so.

It's on the coach to put his team in a position to win.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Read elsewhere that Mac mentioned during his presser that LDR did NOT tell him he was hurt. Can anyone confirm?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read elsewhere that Mac mentioned during his presser that LDR did NOT tell him he was hurt. Can anyone confirm?

Well, seeing as at least 3 people have now confirmed they saw him with his arm hanging like dead weight on the TV, dontchathink maybe his HC might have noticed this on the sidelines being a lot closer to him than the TV camera was?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How convenient.... (church lady voice)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well, seeing as at least 3 people have now confirmed they saw him with his arm hanging like dead weight on the TV, dontchathink maybe his HC might have noticed this on the sidelines being a lot closer to him than the TV camera was?

Absolutely. Mac is at fault too. Let's say Mac asked him if he could go and LDR said yes...then who is it on?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely. Mac is at fault too. Let's say Mac asked him if he could go and LDR said yes...then who is it on?

Well, considering his arm was hanging like dead weight, I'd say it's on Mac for believing the BS and not trusting his eyes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well, considering his arm was hanging like dead weight, I'd say it's on Mac for believing the BS and not trusting his eyes.
LOL...I guess you are right. It's just a flesh wound.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Most understand that LDR, like all competitive players, don't want to resign to the bench unless on a gurney. Being a QB that will trigger all plays is a different animal. I could see him starting himself with good intentions and Gator pride. I certainly don't go down the road of slandering him and soiling his character as a person/athlete. However, it's item #205 now on Coach Mac and this 'over their heads' staff and some irresponsibility on Luke. In this game, he was missing wide opens "badly", throwing into the dirt "badly", floating helium balloons or deep sliders. I mean worse than ever before. Luke, that's the time when you know it's time to say Coach, my fast ball is gone, I'm hurt, for the team, spell me right now. The bigger issue is Coach Mac and this amateurism hour staff. They know he is missing passes "that badly" because something is wrong and they have all watched enough football to pull a guy (for a series or two at least to check him out mentally if not physically) while the #2 takes over until further notice. Yet, they made a decision to lose the game in actuality... Gators, hmm maybe their not, we are, but listening to him talk to us like we are sitting in HS bleachers pisses me off. Just saying, IMO.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Saying that any of this is on the players or LDR for being too selfish to tell the staff he's hurt or whatever is nonsense. Any of these kids that's tough and wants to play will grit through pain and misery bc that's what has been engrained in them from the beginning. It's not the players job to self report his issues, and frankly if we had players pulling themselves out when they were hurting all y'all would be melting down about what giant vaginas we have on the team. The players are supposed to give everything they have, painful or not. It's the coaches job to notice when a guy is hurt or struggling and it's the coaches job to make the decision.

Bashing LDR is just wrong. By all accounts he's a good kid, hard worker and has given us everything he has. Limited or not he's done what he was supposed to. This issue is a staff issue, not a player one.
He is not supposed to throw to other team

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok y'all got your wish, but what you are not looking at is that Alex Anzalone is out for the season. That is bigger than LDR being out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator